• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Does the P10 have Android Pay support? It's basically god tier phone but missing a few things:

HDR display
Manual video mode (manual photo mode is hands down the best on any smartphone)
Wireless charging
Quad DAC
Daydream support

I can forgive them for the lack of HDR display, wireless charging, and quad dac. Daydream support and manual video mode are musts for me.

I might be mistaken about what Daydream is, but if it's what I think it is, it absolutely has daydream.

When my P10 is charging the screen stays on passing through photos I've chosen for it.

Edit: It also has manual mode for video. If it has all the options you want, I don't know, but it definitely has the manual mode to tweak some settings,here's a pic with all the manual mode settings.

http://imgur.com/TzMQw4O

protonion

Got the nougat update on my moto g4 today.

All good except all the stock live wallpapers are gone... I loved the one I used. Could they be found somewhere?

HawkeyeIC

Android O Rumors:

• New notifications (again).
• App icon badges for active notifications.
• Picture-in-picture mode like Android TV.
• Smart text selection floating toolbar w/ Assistant integration.
• Restricted background activities from apps, like Chrome 57.
• Adaptive icons like Google Pixel.
• Lots of improvements to MediaRecorder API.
• Tons of enterprise stuff.

https://9to5google.com/community/ru...mart-text-selection-toolbar-w-assistant-more/

It will be interesting to see how much Google improves upon restricting background apps with Android O. IIRC There was an I/O talk last year about how they want to clamp down on it to focus on battery life gains.

They're not 'stale'. Remember that a dedicated game handheld can extract more performance out of a chip than a generalist communications device. And Nintendo are masters at extracting performance out of "withered technology".

nVidia gave Nintendo an exceptionally good deal on their leftover X1 chips, sort of how they gave Ouya an exceptionally good deal on their leftover Tegra 3 (only problem was, the Tegra 3 is shit).

you mean they go for certain renderings (cel shading, etc) to get good "visuals" out of withered tech. then add on the fact just re-release x-bit stuff in your back catalog so it still doesn't matter. maybe even recreate the Take On Me video

Android O Rumors:

https://9to5google.com/community/ru...mart-text-selection-toolbar-w-assistant-more/

Then the Nexus 6P gets it and the thing will only last about 3 hours before it's entirely dead. Because you know, shitty Qualcomm.

Jeffrey

Android O Rumors:

So more snagging the stuff other oem been doing for years lol.

Noema

Got the 7.1 update for the OnePlus 3T. March security update included.

No idea why they kept having only 5 (and not 6) quick toggles in the status bar... I currently have: Wifi + Cellular + Data Saver + Spotify + Bluetooth and wish I could have the screen orientation lock as well. meh.

You can have 6 if you set your display scaling to "small"
QgcKD5l.png

Noema

Smallest dpi is a bit crazy even for me.

There's actually a smaller setting than the one I'm using. There's "small" and then there's "smallest" and yeah, it's too small,even on my Nexus 6.

It's so small in fact that certain apps, like Facebook, will actually switch to tablet mode.

"Small" works very well for me. Anything lager and I feel it's a waste of screen real state on a 5.96" display.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Android O needs a backup solution. A proper one.

Android O Rumors:

more OEM bloatware from El Goog

Quixzlizx

My Google Home keeps blurting out the nearest Infiniti dealerships after Infiniti ads play on TV. I'm going to ask for a refund if this keeps happening.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
My Google Home keeps blurting out the nearest Infiniti dealerships after Infiniti ads play on TV. I'm going to ask for a refund if this keeps happening.

This is terrible. Absolutely awful. I barely use mine to be honest. I mostly just use it as a Google Music speaker.

Jeffrey

Here small is the smallest already. Probably because it's a 1080p screen, I guess yours is QHD, right? I had 6 toggles when I had a Nexus 6P (QHD).
Oxygen OS isn't aosp though. It's a light skin but a skin regardless. Will have to look at a custom rom but not sure it's worth it for this.

ty_hot

Oxygen OS isn't aosp though. It's a light skin but a skin regardless. Will have to look at a custom rom but not sure it's worth it for this.

Definitely not. Yet. I have a feeling this is the last update they are giving to the 3T, so when android O comes I will have to jump to a custom ROM.

Husker86

Smallest dpi is a bit crazy even for me.

There's actually a smaller setting than the one I'm using. There's "small" and then there's "smallest" and yeah, it's too small,even on my Nexus 6.

It's so small in fact that certain apps, like Facebook, will actually switch to tablet mode.

"Small" works very well for me. Anything lager and I feel it's a waste of screen real state on a 5.96" display.

Did you guys know you can change it in 1 dpi increments in the Developer Tools setting? Allows much more fine-grained control than the option in Display settings.

longdi

Banned
How bad is 1+3T pentile oled?
I got a discount to buy it cheap, and since SD821 and 6GB is still an in-thing this year, it should stay relevant beyond Android O, i guess.

Quixzlizx

I've not heard any ads yet. Not really sure how I'd even trigger ads.

I haven't actually paid attention to the ad yet so I may be off-base, but I think the problem is Android Auto is in the car, and my Google Home is being triggered by the "OK Google" coming out of the TV speaker.

Which is going to make this thing useless if I have to keep it unplugged whenever I have the TV on.

IronRaven

I don't get how vastly different this phone is compare to the g6 which has a bigger screen in a smaller frame. wireless charging headphone jack bigger battery for $100 less lol.

The more and more I look at the G6, the more and more I want one. It seems like such a solid phone.

Bboy AJ

Thoughts on the V20? Or should I wait for the S8?
It was probably a good pick up when it was on extreme sale. Didn't you buy it? But now, I'd just wait.

Thoughts on the V20? Or should I wait for the S8?

I got mine when T-Mobile had the 1 day sale for $360. Definitely would get it at that price it's a no brainer. $800 not so much. It's still good but with the G6 around the corner that is going to be cheaper and has water resistance. Unless you really need a Quad DAC, just wait.

Top Bottom