• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
- Expensive
- Hard to find
- Dubious quality control
- Other phones might be faster

This.

Most the colors are either not available or if you order it's like a 6-8 week window till you get your device.

Google literally can't make enough to fill demand so it's hard to recommend to anyone especially at that price.

Edit: Honor 8 isn't a bad choice, but I wouldn't pay full price for it or the Axon 7 at this point in the product cycle.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
black_forum-png.510738

An all-black OnePlus device has been in the works for close to a year now. None of the various coloring processes we attempted resulted in the premium deep black coat that we were aiming for. So, we decided to hold off on releasing a black version of the OnePlus 3T. Over 30 variations later, we’re finally ready to reveal a premium, all-black smartphone deserving of the Never Settle mantra: the OnePlus 3T Midnight Black.

This limited edition of the OnePlus 3T is hewed out of the same space-grade aluminum that lent the original OnePlus 3 and 3T devices their class and durability. A dark coating of just 14 microns in thickness is meticulously applied to the surface of the phone, imbuing the device with a stunning black color built to last, while retaining the look and feel of naked metal.

You’ll be pleased to learn that the OnePlus 3T Midnight Black will be available exclusively with 128 GB of storage. Powered by the same industry-defining specs and design that made the original OnePlus 3T a hallmark device, this exclusive model is sure to hold its own. Users will also experience the joys of a day’s power in half an hour, thanks to Dash Charge.

Curious to find out when you can get your hands on our latest device? Real go-getters will be able to purchase the OnePlus 3T Midnight Black through HYPEBEAST at 04:00 PM GMT on the 24th of March. Visit their website to learn more. More information on when the OnePlus 3T Midnight Black will be available in our store will be shared in this thread soon. So, keep your eyes open. Availability of the Midnight Black version of the OnePlus 3T will be extremely limited. Make sure to pick yours up at HYPEBEAST on the 24th and keep a close eye on this thread for new information coming soon.

hypebeast? fuck outta here

Well that's one thing that has me interested in O. If phones are moving to wireless headphones at least some work is being done to make it less terribad.

The stuff around password managers sounds of interest too

oh, are they making them wireless AND battery-less?

speaking of wireless headphones... so i had the Yurbuds Focus LE for a while now and all of a sudden, they... well, they would still *function* normally, except the power light wouldn't go off when they turned off... like you power them off and they would disconnect from BT and turn off, but the little green light would stay on, meaning the battery would drain out in a day instead of weeks.

i contacted their customer support and they said i could get the JBL Reflect Contour (apparently Harman bought Yurbuds a while back) and rather than send my current buds back i could just cut the cord and send them a pic with the cut cord and a handwritten note... lol

got a blade out so fast!!! took pic and replied.

a few days later, the new buds arrive and yep, they are so much better. not that it matters much, i only use these for working out... but still, nice customer support option there!

ty_hot

Gboard is so bad at autocorrecting, at least in portuguese. It corrects things like:

da -> dá
(of -> give in Portuguese)
e -> é
(and -> is in Portuguese

such simple words, that we use all the time, and it corrects them allllll theee fcking time
Had to turn it off. I even tried to erase 'dá' and 'é´' from the dictionary, but it comes back i dont know how and keep autocorrecting.

Jeffrey

Wonder if s8 will offer qualcomm quick charge 4 or use their old generic fast charge for parity between SD and exynos versions?

Jeffrey

Not a huge fan of ir blaster on the phone. I have to point it directly at my tv to get it to work, but then I can't see the phone display well lol.

Mate 9 is still a beast of a phone. Only reasons I sold mine is the stuttery and aggressive ram management of Emui 5.0. Also no supercharge car charger in the US. Normal charger can't keep the phone in the positives when I'm using Google maps which is a huge problem.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not a huge fan of ir blaster on the phone. I have to point it directly at my tv to get it to work, but then I can't see the phone display well lol.

Mate 9 is still a beast of a phone. Only reasons I sold mine is the stuttery and aggressive ram management of Emui 5.0. Also no supercharge car charger in the US. Normal charger can't keep the phone in the positives when I'm using Google maps which is a huge problem.
You had a Mate 9 Pro?

- Expensive
- Hard to find
- Dubious quality control
- Other phones might be faster

This.

Most the colors are either not available or if you order it's like a 6-8 week window till you get your device.

Google literally can't make enough to fill demand so it's hard to recommend to anyone especially at that price.

Just wait for the inevitable Google Pixel 2 to arrive with even superior hardware, bluetooth working better, better build quality, etc., lol.

The 1st iteration of newer Android phones are always going to wind up having the most problems.

I actually enjoyed mario run a whole lot on iOS. I beat every level 3 times to get the easy/normal/hard to get coins in each. That alone was worth the price for me tbh. Gets really challenging. One of the bonus levels is hard as fuckkkkkk.

The multiplayer/online I was not into at all at first, and now I have 9999 shrooms on it so yeah. I played the shit out of it. If you're going to play every level once and that's it I definitely don't think the price is worth it and you should avoid. If you like the challenge and collecting thangs and whatnot, and know you will get all the coins in every level then it's worth it. Good fun.

The difficulty ramps up quite a bit getting the black coins in later worlds.

Hasney

I got the black coins in the first level and the first coins in the rest of the first world and I just want to go play real-ass Mario now. I just don't think I like runners at all.

Groof

7.1.2 beta on my Pixel XL is pretty great. Bring on O!

This beta calmed my battery down a lot on the 6P. It's still utter shit, but at least I haven't had any random huge losses that I used to have at least once a day.

is this where i just jinxed myself

Jeffrey

everytime i get excited about samsung phones I have to reread that xda article analyzing the shitty performance of the SD820 note 7 lol.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just wait for the inevitable Google Pixel 2 to arrive with even superior hardware, bluetooth working better, better build quality, etc., lol.

The 1st iteration of newer Android phones are always going to wind up having the most problems.

Pixel 2 gonna be a trainwreck if Google can't figure out their supply chain by Fall.

ty_hot

I actually enjoyed mario run a whole lot on iOS. I beat every level 3 times to get the easy/normal/hard to get coins in each. That alone was worth the price for me tbh. Gets really challenging. One of the bonus levels is hard as fuckkkkkk.

The multiplayer/online I was not into at all at first, and now I have 9999 shrooms on it so yeah. I played the shit out of it. If you're going to play every level once and that's it I definitely don't think the price is worth it and you should avoid. If you like the challenge and collecting thangs and whatnot, and know you will get all the coins in every level then it's worth it. Good fun.

The difficulty ramps up quite a bit getting the black coins in later worlds.

I like it a lot, but wont pay 10 for it. If it ever goes to 5 I might get.

Jeffrey

Man. After using pixel and op3t and Hawaii phones for the last year, not sure if I can downgrade to Samsung in performance?

Anyone here jump between Google phones and Samsung without noticing the smoothness gap?

BTW I need a phone that can do wifi calling on at&t and they only allow that on carrier phones...

How bad is the bloat on at&t galaxy phones?

DrFunk

Man. After using pixel and op3t and Hawaii phones for the last year, not sure if I can downgrade to Samsung in performance?

Anyone here jump between Google phones and Samsung without noticing the smoothness gap?

BTW I need a phone that can do wifi calling on at&t and they only allow that on carrier phones...

How bad is the bloat on at&t galaxy phones?

Don't

-AT&T Locker: Cloud storage from AT&T.
-AT&T Protect Plus: Cloud backups, device locator and "Pro Tech support."
-Device Help: Essentially a wrapper for the att.com help pages
-DirecTV: AT&T purchased satellite TV company DirecTV in 2015, and now their app is right here for you
-Drive Mode: Sets auto-replies to texts and calls straight to voicemail when moving faster than 25 mph
-myAT&T: Access your AT&T account
-Plenti: A rewards program in conjunction with Exxon, Macy's Hulu, and others
-Smart Limits: Parental controls on times, calls, data, and more
-Usage Manager: Track data usage by app
-Visual Voicemail: View your voicemails with your eyeballs

att-directv-ad-galaxy-s7-hero.jpg

DrFunk

None of that is Galaxy specific bloat. If Jeff needs that WiFi calling he's gonna have to either get an iPhone or deal with carrier bloat.

True

But why would ATT discriminate on their bloat? Galaxies to the lowliest Kyocera gonna get that work

Hasney

They're so desperate to not be known as a CPU maker at this point. "Hey guys, we make the whole package you know!! Hello? ... Hello?"

NeOak

Need that VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling.

Yeah, we have to take it up the ass if we need those.

No US carrier allows any unlocked Android/WP phones to do those, so stop that. If he needs it, he needs it.

SD835 does look promising though. It's just that I fear that Samsung will fuck up again and not optimize their software for this CPU. One Plus 4 is going to be beast though.

Tbh, I'm interested in the X16 modem and the several antennas.

this_guy

Need that VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling.

No US carrier allows any unlocked Android/WP phones to do those, so stop that. If he needs it, he needs it.

I believe on T-Mobile unlocked phones like Axon 7 and Honor 8 to use VoLTE (Axon 7 just recently got updated to be able to do wifi calling). On T-Mobile phones must have VoLTE compatibility to be able to use band 12 (their "extended range LTE")

Jeffrey

I decided that if they make a 6" screen iPhone and cut down those bezels with either a rear or in-screen fingerprint reader, I might be in.

I'm probably out.
I'm just not a huge fan of ios atm. Doesn't matter that a10 smokes qualcomm stuff when scrolling down a website is way slower than aosp or lack of good multitasking and system navigation.

My interest in iphone 2017 really does rely on what changes ios 11 brings.

Pixel 2 gonna be a trainwreck if Google can't figure out their supply chain by Fall.

Yeah, Google can't afford to fuck up on the supply front again.

SD835 does look promising though. It's just that I fear that Samsung will fuck up again and not optimize their software for this CPU. One Plus 4 is going to be beast though.

At this point, the newer smartphones coming out this year should at least have the Snapdragon 835 chip inside, if not something similar or better than it. Google especially, also needs to have something similar or better than it to justify the extra $50 increase on the Pixel 2, especially when it will most likely come out in October later on this year.

Jeffrey

Hope we get more substantial rumors for oneplus soon. Everything is vague atm but it seems like it might just be a S7 edge with oxygen OS... Which I'd be fine with lol.

Top Bottom