• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Jeffrey

Doesn't really surprise me since Apple is in control of everything hardware and software related. It really let's them optimize performance.

Shit charges so slow though. I assume Apple will announce a new magical charging solution soon.

It's all the rage these days.

IronRaven

Shit charges so slow though. I assume Apple will announce a new magical charging solution soon.

It's all the rage these days.

iZipCharge

The fastest charging available on any smartphone!

That's how I imagine it.

For real though, I think the S8+ is only going have average/slightly above average battery life which is fine so since the battery allegedly degrades slower than the S7/E battery.

ugh samsung doesn't even know what the eye roll emoji even means

2017-04-05.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You guys can't appreciate just how crappy and unrefined Samsung is. Or LG. These companies are so awful. They don't care about the product or experience. They just have check boxes to check. They literally do not care about anything but selling a product. They don't want to make a good product. They just want to make something that sells. If you're fine with that attitude, OK. But I prefer companies who care about what they make and are proud of it. That sort of sincere care shows when you actually own the product.

DtGBl4J.jpg

Avixph

You guys can't appreciate just how crappy and unrefined Samsung is. Or LG. These companies are so awful. They don't care about the product or experience. They just have check boxes to check. They literally do not care about anything but selling a product. They don't want to make a good product. They just want to make something that sells. If you're fine with that attitude, OK. But I prefer companies who care about what they make and are proud of it. That sort of sincere care shows when you actually own the product.

DtGBl4J.jpg
Why isn't the USB Type-C port centered?

NeOak

So went to the local AT&T store (the only one in this town lol) and they pulled the S8 and S8+ from their safe to show them to me when I asked if they had demo units.

The S8 is really small, holy shit. It's like the width of a 5" phone.

The S8+ is as wide as my Lumia 950, and like 1 cm taller. I will get the S8+.

that's what i've been saying for years.

headphone jack on the bottom is terrible.

should be on top.

This.

Why isn't the USB Type-C port centered?

ikr

The S8 is really small, holy shit. It's like the width of a 5" phone.

The S8+ is as wide as my Lumia 950, and like 1 cm taller. I will get the S8+.

The S8 is really small. It's the same size as my HTC M8.... but it's like all screen. The S8+ is the same height as the Nexus 6P.... but being all screen, I think it will be super difficult to use with 1 hand. Luckily, that 1-handed mode is slick as hell.

Husker86

Why don't carriers have a way to see what your total bill will be (including taxes)? I find this completely ridiculous.

Project Fi sucks. I'm going to give it a few days for the porting to "settle" (I just made that up, I can't think of any other reason it sucks), but calls intermittently don't work, texts intermittently aren't received. The subreddit is full of similar stories. I'm amazed anyone can rely on this service.

However, I still want to know what I'll really be paying with Verizon. I have to either go back to AT&T or give Verizon a shot. Considering they're about the same base price now, I might as well go Verizon.

clav

Why don't carriers have a way to see what your total bill will be (including taxes)? I find this completely ridiculous.

Project Fi sucks. I'm going to give it a few days for the porting to "settle" (I just made that up, I can't think of any other reason it sucks), but calls intermittently don't work, texts intermittently aren't received. The subreddit is full of similar stories. I'm amazed anyone can rely on this service.

However, I still want to know what I'll really be paying with Verizon. I have to either go back to AT&T or give Verizon a shot. Considering they're about the same base price now, I might as well go Verizon.

Sounds like you would like Cricket Wireless. Total is included in the monthly payment.

$30 plan is a exactly $30 and so on.

Jeffrey

I don't know about you guys but with every Android phone I had there was always homework to do.

And I had two Nexus

Be it screen calibration issues or some nitpicking on my half
Well the difference is nexus isn't $700, and you don't have to flash a new firmware to get the fingerprint sensor to work lol.

Every phone has quirks, ideally the more expensive it is, the less quirks!

Reckoner

Well the difference is nexus isn't $700, and you don't have to flash a new firmware to get the fingerprint sensor to work lol.

Every phone has quirks, ideally the more expensive it is, the less quirks!

Actually the Nexus 6 was around that price, but I get your point

Husker86

Sounds like you would like Cricket Wireless. Total is included in the monthly payment.

$30 plan is a exactly $30 and so on.

I do always forget other prepaid services.

Haven't looked into Cricket in a very long time. I'm assuming they still throttle LTE speeds, which I'm not a fan of. Also sucks that you can't tether on unlimited plans (I need tethering ability).

thenexus6

What is the best twitter app? I have been using the default which is fine for looking through my feed, but it lags like crazy when sending PMs to people.

Top Bottom