• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Is there a decent android phone for around $100 just to mess around with and runs the last OS? I know of that Amazon Prime BLU R1 phone for like $60, but there's probably a better bang for your buck for a bit more.

Jeffrey

Is there a decent android phone for around $100 just to mess around with and runs the last OS? I know of that Amazon Prime BLU R1 phone for like $60, but there's probably a better bang for your buck for a bit more.
Not sure if there is a $100 phone on nougat yet in the US?

Maybe when those Nokia Android phones come to the US.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished checking out the G6 and S8. Actually preferred the look and feel of the G6. Maybe when the price drops a bit ill jump in

Good grief. Seriously?

LG is REALLY trying to get people to buy it over the S8. AT&T is offering a free google home I think? Verizon is offering a free TV. I believe one of the carriers were offering both.

The g6 looks nice. What are the impressions like? Better than the s8?

I see a lot of folks praising the G6 to high heaven but leveling quite a few criticisms at the S8.

I think everyone should try and get their hands on one in a store though before making a purchase.

I found a G6 at a Verizon store and the S8 at a Best Buy. I went with the S8. I hope I don't end up kicking myself for it. They both seem like great phones.... I just really AMOLED displays over LCD.

Jeffrey

If you can get a g6 for half off (sprint only for now but I can see other carriers price matching) . Definitely. At full price go Samsung.

IronRaven

LG is REALLY trying to get people to buy it over the S8. AT&T is offering a free google home I think? Verizon is offering a free TV. I believe one of the carriers were offering both.

Holy moly. LG is really trying to oil themselves up to look enticing to potential customers.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Can anyone help me completely reset my phone back to stock? It's a Moto X Play.
I wanna wipe everything and reinstall the factory image, since my main camera stopped working.

The tutorials I found seem way more complicated than my previous phone.

Aside from my display concerns with the S8, it was nice to look at. The curved screen is a bit impractical at times, but it looks and runs great.
The LG G6 on the other hand, feels a lot sturdier and I appreciate the more traditional looks. The size is fine too.

TheZink

Aside from my display concerns with the S8, it was nice to look at. The curved screen is a bit impractical at times, but it looks and runs great.
The LG G6 on the other hand, feels a lot sturdier and I appreciate the more traditional looks. The size is fine too.
The S8 didn't dare to well in drop tests I saw.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Firefox�� �� @firefox

Oh hey, look what comes pre-installed on the new @LGUSAMobile G6 on AT&T ��

C81sE0BUwAAKOvi.jpg

childplease.png

Jeffrey

This. Makes it not really a straight BOGO.
Carrier deals need to be scrutinized to hell. I've worked for most of the major carriers in the US before and been in meetings with important folks.

Every deal will get you paying for that phone back one way or another.

Except maybe LG phones. They just want to push those out because they don't sell lol.

Anyone seen that s8 vs iphone 7 video going around. The speed test ends how you imagine. Qualcomm lol. Optimization lol. Imagine the 8.

Oneplus 4 should fair better.

Jeffrey

Anyone seen that s8 vs iphone 7 video going around. The speed test ends how you imagine. Qualcomm lol. Optimization lol. Imagine the 8.

Oneplus 4 should fair better.

Definitely in ram management. Expect similar issues with rendering and app loads vs ios though.

I'm more curious about touch latency and scroll stuttering on the galaxy.

Waiting for xda review.

I just wish google would've launched the pixel xl on Tmobile. They finally made THE phone that has the camera, speed, and responsiveness of iOS I wanted and they lock it to Verizon. Here's to looking at oneplus 4 or Pixel 2.

NeOak

I just wish google would've launched the pixel xl on Tmobile. They finally made THE phone that has the camera, speed, and responsiveness of iOS I wanted and they lock it to Verizon. Here's to looking at oneplus 4 or Pixel 2.

Uh, the unlocked version works just fine on T-Mobile? Like, that is the whole point of GSM carriers and phones.

I didn't see what goodies we're in there if you posted it in this thread. What were they?
i posted some of the stuff, but here's a detailed list.

GS7
Gear 360 (2016)
Gear VR (2016)
$100 Lyft Gift Card
New York City Pass x2 (booklet w/ passes/coupons for tourist stuff)
2x passes to the Whitney Museum
Ghiradelli Caramel Truffles
Ferrero Hazelnut Truffles
Kashi Bar Chocolate, Almond & Sea Salt
Lay's Classic Potato Chips
Poland Spring Water 500mL (x2)
S'well Water Bottle Teakwood 17oz
Selfie Stick (with Bluetooth??)
and the bag itself is a goodie too lol

and at the actual event, everyone in the audience got the new, currently unreleased, Gear 360 (2017) and a print edition of the Galaxy S8 Design Book

IronRaven

GS7
Gear 360 (2016)
Gear VR (2016)
$100 Lyft Gift Card

and at the actual event, everyone in the audience got the new, currently unreleased, Gear 360 (2017) and a print edition of the Galaxy S8 Design Book

Wow. Is it weird I'm more jealous of the food and water bottle than I am of the phone and VR headset?

rc213

So anybody have any Chromium browser that still does sync of Google accounts for passwords/bookmarks?

Had to reinstall my Pixel XL and my TugaBrowser no longer syncs.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Here's a gift of our year old phone to celebrate our new phone you aren't receiving.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That's fantastic. How did you get that invite, anyway?

GS7
Gear 360 (2016)
Gear VR (2016)
$100 Lyft Gift Card

pretty good water bottle, the highlight of the list. Enjoy man.

Jeffrey

GS7
Gear 360 (2016)
Gear VR (2016)
$100 Lyft Gift Card

So how did you get invited to this event again? Was there some social media contest? Are you in tech media or run some YouTube channel?

longdi

Banned
Played with S8/S8+, they felt much lighter in hand than S7E, the aluminium and the glass material now feels rather plastic. I would have thought Samsung had changed material if i didnt know better....

I was also surprised my S7E has a wider(horizontal) screen...18:9 imo is crap.

Jeffrey

Woah. Gear s3 was updated so Samsung rewards are applied to Samsung pay. Don't need a galaxy phone anymore.

I had a look and the carbon fibre effect they've added to that is gross imo.

uZDhBmZ.png
Yeah lol. I don't mind it too much but I don't look at the ass of my phone much.

Top Bottom