• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Is there a way to revert back to a previous version of Chrome without undoing ALL of the updates? I don't want to go back to whatever stock version was with the phone when I click "Undo Updates" I just want to go back to 50 or whatever the previous version was from 51.

Do you want the merge tabs that badly? :p

Chris R

Do you want the merge tabs that badly? :p

Yes. Mostly because closing tabs from the app overview or whatever it's called now is/was quicker for me than hitting the tab button on the top of the screen.

Also, hated that it resumed on the previous pages/tabs when I "closed" Chrome by sliding it's app off the overview page.

Running version 44 now, from now until the phone dies most likely.

Is there a way to revert back to a previous version of Chrome without undoing ALL of the updates? I don't want to go back to whatever stock version was with the phone when I click "Undo Updates" I just want to go back to 50 or whatever the previous version was from 51.

Shouldn't sites like apk mirror have older versions available to download?

Noema

$550 for this:

3GB RAM in a world where flagships are at least 4 and a $400 phone is 6
Average at best camera (based on reviews)
No fingerprint sensor
Micro-usb
1080p

You know what on second thought, this phone is a steal at $550. Sony obviously knows what they're doing.

Don't forget the mid range SoC.

this_guy

Why post the RAM amount? Sure that matters for multitasking, but I'm wondering wtf that has to do with speed?

You would think more ram would allow more apps to stay in memory and not have to reload. The speed tests cycles through apps so not having to reload an app would help and make things go quicker. This isn't just benchmarking the cpu/gpu. The Galaxy S7 Edge did better with memory management than the OnePlus 3.

Why post the RAM amount? Sure that matters for multitasking, but I'm wondering wtf that has to do with speed?

If you have an app in RAM you have to use very little CPU to re-open it.

Exynos winning is no surprise to anyone.

Huh? CPU means little when you are talking about reloading apps from memory. The one plus actually should have caught up later with that much RAM.

Instead they fucked the os up like samsung did with lollipop.

Metroid

Since my Nexus 5 is barley useable anymore, I want to upgrade as soon as possible. Is the Nexus 5x viable? I can get it for 270€. Or would you advise to hold on a bit? Since I'm a student, my budget is limited.

Jigolo

not surprised

software optimization > amount of ram

just like

software optimization > size of battery

Since my Nexus 5 is barley useable anymore, I want to upgrade as soon as possible. Is the Nexus 5x viable? I can get it for 270€. Or would you advise to hold on a bit? Since I'm a student, my budget is limited.
question. how much storage is left on your phone?

tzare

Got the 16gb Nexus 5 and it's completely full. This time I'll get the 32gb version.

2GB ram is a bit limiting these days imo and the boost of 808 over 800 is not that huge either

If it was 200€ but for nearly 300€ i'd go for other options, maybe P9 lite that has 3GB ram and expandable storage. It has EMUI though.

Have ordered the OnePlus Three, will take a gamble that the community do a better job than OnePlus do themselves regarding software. Guess I'll be selling the N6P soon.

Previously had the OnePlus One and really liked that, skipped the 2 instead picking up an LG G3, then a Z3+ then my current phone the 6P, seem to go through phones quickly whenever something new comes out.

Have ordered the OnePlus Three, will take a gamble that the community do a better job than OnePlus do themselves regarding software. Guess I'll be selling the N6P soon.

Previously had the OnePlus One and really liked that, skipped the 2 instead picking up an LG G3, then a Z3+ then my current phone the 6P, seem to go through phones quickly whenever something new comes out.

Any specific reason why you're switching from the 6P to the OP3? Or really just the fact that you like new and shiny things?

Saiyan-Rox

Least i'm not the only one doing the same thing.

Not sure if I should keep OOS on it though or flash CM13....I do really like OOS dark mode.

Least i'm not the only one doing the same thing.

Not sure if I should keep OOS on it though or flash CM13....I do really like OOS dark mode.

I really would have loved COS on the OnePlus due to the Mods functionality, but guess CM13 will have to do. I don't hold much hope on the stock software being great, although they have apparently made everything available to the community so with any luck they will fix anything that's wrong/missing.

Saiyan-Rox

I really would have loved COS on the OnePlus due to the Mods functionality, but guess CM13 will have to do. I don't hold much hope on the stock software being great, although they have apparently made everything available to the community so with any luck they will fix anything that's wrong/missing.

personally I don't like COS due to all the shoehorned MS shit they're doing now.

and unfortunately OOS is still closed source (there was a report saying it wasn't a bit ago but that was false) so the community has no say/fixes for it and you'd need to wait for OP to release things.

Saiyan-Rox

my OP3 should be here either tomorrow or Monday by the looks of it. Kinda excited to give it a go. Though i'm hearing it has that issue the S6 had with closing apps on you in the background....Although it's all being pointed at the software causing it (which isn't surprising)

Probably jump to PA or CM13 eventually anyway

my OP3 should be here either tomorrow or Monday by the looks of it. Kinda excited to give it a go. Though i'm hearing it has that issue the S6 had with closing apps on you in the background....Although it's all being pointed at the software causing it (which isn't surprising)

Probably jump to PA or CM13 eventually anyway

Where are you? I'm in the UK and it's not due to dispatch until Sunday. Although I had to do a second order after my first was declined for fraud by my card provider.

Saiyan-Rox

Where are you? I'm in the UK and it's not due to dispatch until Sunday. Although I had to do a second order after my first was declined for fraud by my card provider.

Mine dispatched yesterday and is currently in the Princess Royal Distribution Centre. hoping to get it tomorrow but most likely Monday. my case will get here next week for sure.

Noema

Any idea how it would compete with the yet to be released MotoG 4 which is a Snapdragon 617?

The 808 on the 5x is considerably faster than the 617. The 617 is all A53 cores. The 5x has four A53 cores and much faster A57 cores.

One Plus 3 vs Galaxy S7 Edge speed test. 6gb vs 4gb ram.

https://youtu.be/vYv8YQJbJaQ

S7 Edge wins handily

The S7 has super fast storage so it's no surprise that it trounced the OP3.

What's surprising is how quickly the OP3 dumps apps off memory.

Top Bottom