• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Ha, and there's me awaiting delivery of a Note 5.

No probs, with those specs I'm guessing its gonna be a real premium price. Hooray for HK imports.

64GB..... Minimum?!?

Supposedly 64 GB + microSD slot.

It better be available in non-Edge though, because fuck that Edge gimmick.

I'm looking at importing an international Note 7 with Exynos and switching from Verizon to T-Mobile if this phone delivers the nice things I want.

They're skipping a number this year, so make it good Samsung!
Apparently the OP 3 headphone dac is very good. Something they don't advertise for some reason.

The headphone jack quality has been good on all the phones for a few years now. It's not such a big deal as it was awhile back. You can't beat audio quality out of the headphone jack with shitty Bluetooth and you don't need a shitty $40 dongle to listen to the headphones you already own and you can even listen to music while charging the phone if you have a headphone jack!

Too bad Bboy isn't here to have an aneurysm right about now. Miss ya bro :D

Apparently the OP 3 headphone dac is very good. Something they don't advertise for some reason.
Yes I was surprised when I used it to listen to some music the other night. I thought I was imaging thing but went back and try OnePlus one and the three is definitely superior. I thought they did mention it in one of their slash page.

Quasar

You have to use one-time-usage back-up codes then, until you have access again to your authenticator app. Most services provide back-up codes in the settings where you enabled 2FA.

No need - I think - to disable 2FA as long as you have these codes.

BUT, if you're authenticator app is Google Authenticator, it's probably better to disable 2FA everywhere first. Since when you reinstall, Google Authenticator won't automatically show all your registered services.

If you, however, use an authenticator with cloud back-up, like Authy, then I think that disabling 2FA everywhere isn't needed.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Well when I transferred to my 5X I just used backup codes with authenticator and it was fine.

I am wondering about ne t time though given I've added microsoft, amazon and others to my authenticator. Guess I need to make sure I have backup codes for them so I can readd them when I transfer to a new phone.

Quasar

I'm regetting getting an iphone 6s. Shouldve went for s7. 😕😕😕

Any particular problems? I know I've considered it as I'm looking for something with better battery life and timely os updates, plus apple seems a bit more health focused with healthkit and their watch than google seems with fit. Though my interest in Google Home and other Google services has me a little hesitant about abandoning android.

Any particular problems? I know I've considered it as I'm looking for something with better battery life and timely os updates, plus apple seems a bit more health focused with healthkit and their watch than google seems with fit. Though my interest in Google Home and other Google services has me a little hesitant about abandoning android.
Battery life is great and everything feels smooth. Maybe i just need some getting used to.
I miss the android flexibility, back and multitask button.

Quasar

Battery life is great and everything feels smooth. Maybe i just need some getting used to.
I miss the android flexibility, back and multitask button.

Certainly using both a ipad and a android phone has me annoyed by the lack of a app drawer and terrible alt keyboard support. And the browser situation.

Moreche

I'm waiting for my OP3 to arrive, I sold my 6S because £309 for the OP3 is just far to much of a bargain to let go.
The price puts other flagships to shame.

Asgaro

Well when I transferred to my 5X I just used backup codes with authenticator and it was fine.

I am wondering about ne t time though given I've added microsoft, amazon and others to my authenticator. Guess I need to make sure I have backup codes for them so I can readd them when I transfer to a new phone.

Yeah, best to get those back-up codes and keep them in several places. I keep them in:
- my wallet
- drawer at home
- Google Keep (Will probably move it to SafeInCloud password manager I started using recently)

kharma45

I'm waiting for my OP3 to arrive, I sold my 6S because £309 for the OP3 is just far to much of a bargain to let go.
The price puts other flagships to shame.

Not a move I'd have made. I couldn't but a OnePlus phone again with their levels of customer service. Have a problem you're fucked. Seriously slow software updates too, even for android. It's cheap for a reason.

Bloodember

Not a move I'd have made. I couldn't but a OnePlus phone again with their levels of customer service. Have a problem you're fucked. Seriously slow software updates too, even for android. It's cheap for a reason.

I'm with you there. The OP2 soured me on One Plus and I doubt I'd ever try again unless they majorly change their customer support practices and update timeline.

DizzyCrow

Obviously, you should disable 2FA with everything that uses your phone before resetting.

You have to use one-time-usage back-up codes then, until you have access again to your authenticator app. Most services provide back-up codes in the settings where you enabled 2FA.

No need - I think - to disable 2FA as long as you have these codes.

BUT, if you're authenticator app is Google Authenticator, it's probably better to disable 2FA everywhere first. Since when you reinstall, Google Authenticator won't automatically show all your registered services.

If you, however, use an authenticator with cloud back-up, like Authy, then I think that disabling 2FA everywhere isn't needed.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

edit: Now that I think of it: e.g. Steam is more strict since I remember a support article in case you have lost your phone or bought a new one. Better to disable 2FA there first, no matter what authentication app you use.
(Then again, Steam doesn't use the Google Authenticator or Authy app. So best to disable 2FA on any service that uses an in-house built app for authentication. I only can think of Steam and Blizzard that are in this situation.)

Thanks, but I ended up not resetting my phone I forgot that I don't ever turn it off, so it was running for like 300 hours straight, just let it off for a few minutes and is back on ok

finally got my 6P updated to the latest security update - here's hoping the battery life gets tad bit better

I don't know what they fucked up with the April security patch, but ever since that shitty update, I have been experiencing wakelock issues. It's somehow related to WiFi being on when it's sleeping. If I turn off WiFi(even when mobile data is on), it runs fine and the battery life is great. The moment I leave WiFi open it drains 5% every hour. I got the June update and nothing changed. Google needs to get their shit together; while updates are a good thing for security and performance they should test before rolling out.

Got a chance to play with a OnePlus 3. Phone is super slick, great build quality, very smooth. The screen is bad though. I can't recommend a $400 phone to people when they cheapen out on the most important part of the phone. Axon 7 seems to be a better buy when it comes out in July or wait for the new Nexus.

Got a chance to play with a OnePlus 3. Phone is super slick, great build quality, very smooth. The screen is bad though. I can't recommend a $400 phone to people when they cheapen out on the most important part of the phone. Axon 7 seems to be a better buy when it comes out in July or wait for the new Nexus.

Would the sRGB calibration fix resolve the issue you saw, or is it a fundamental hardware issue (ie. 1080p pentile amoled at 5.5" just not cutting it)

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Does anyone here have an LG G4 on Sprint? I've been an iPhone user since 2009, but I'm trying to help my boyfriend out with a problem on his LG G4 and am getting nowhere.

Whenever he calls anyone, the recipient of the call sees "No Caller ID." He didn't (mean to) set it to do this, and we can't seem to find anywhere in the phone that will let us change it. We tried changing it on the Sprint website, but that hasn't seemed to work.

I'm not sure if this is really the place I should be posting this, but I figured it's a start.

Does anyone here have an LG G4 on Sprint? I've been an iPhone user since 2009, but I'm trying to help my boyfriend out with a problem on his LG G4 and am getting nowhere.

Whenever he calls anyone, the recipient of the call sees "No Caller ID." He didn't (mean to) set it to do this, and we can't seem to find anywhere in the phone that will let us change it. We tried changing it on the Sprint website, but that hasn't seemed to work.

I'm not sure if this is really the place I should be posting this, but I figured it's a start.
Try this http://devicehelp.singtel.com/web/l...-identification-on-my-mobile-phone-on-or-off/

Would the sRGB calibration fix resolve the issue you saw, or is it a fundamental hardware issue (ie. 1080p pentile amoled at 5.5" just not cutting it)

1080p diamond matrix Pentile amoled just isn't good at this size. You don't get true 1080p resolution. The horrible saturation of the colors might be fixed by the sRGB option though, which was another issue.

Noema

Elementalx kernel is now available for the OP3. My best experiences with Android have been while using this kernel. Fantastic balance of performance and battery.

It's so choice. I highly recommend it if you have the means. (Root+Custom recovery) .

I actually knew about the google phone for a little while now and I know they're targeting Oct. But it's really hard to tell what's what when there's multiple nexuses on the horizon too.

It's funny that 9to5google had a tip saying google is annoyed at the premium perception for the iphone. Because what I heard is almost exactly the same and that they hope to eat some of their cake later this year.

I'll believe it when I learn more/see it though.

I actually knew about the google phone for a little while now and I know they're targeting Oct. But it's really hard to tell what's what when there's multiple nexuses on the horizon too.

It's funny that 9to5google had a tip saying google is annoyed at the premium perception for the iphone. Because what I heard is almost exactly the same and that they hope to eat some of their cake later this year.

I don't see why they would release their own Nexus at the same time as HTC releasing theirs. Doesn't make sense to sabotage their own product line. Would make more sense to move in house next year.

I don't see why they would release their own Nexus at the same time as HTC releasing theirs. Doesn't make sense to sabotage their own product line. Would make more sense to move in house next year.

When does anything google does make sense? I'm still trying to figure out why Allo/Hangouts/Messenger/Duo all exist.

My One Plus got updates fairly quickly certainly on part with most other non-Nexus phone. I heard terrible stuffs about their customers service but as you said it is price low for a reason. I never have problem with my One Plus and will keep buying their phone until they prove me otherwise. One Plus One probably one of the better Android experience I have.

A real Google phone would only be interesting if they'd support it for more than 2 years with OS updates.

kharma45

My One Plus got updates fairly quickly certainly on part with most other non-Nexus phone. I heard terrible stuffs about their customers service but as you said it is price low for a reason. I never have problem with my One Plus and will keep buying their phone until they prove me otherwise. One Plus One probably one of the better Android experience I have.

Marshmallow in April 2016 was a fairly quick release for the OPO...

tm24

Should i just pull the trigger on a 32gb Pixel C for $404? I would mostly just use it for media streaming and reading comics on the go

A real Google phone would only be interesting if they'd support it for more than 2 years with OS updates.

Unless Google also develops the SoC that won't happen. Even if they wanted to support it forever, then vendor of the SoC isn't going to have driver support forever and that's why support ultimately dies.

Mindwipe

"Let's sabotage our own product line" is practically the Google corporate philosophy at this point.

I'm assuming the upside is they can build features into android that they can directly support on their own phone. Also completely optimize the software to run on the hardware you produce and let other OEMs deal with it.

Like anything with android rumours, it all depends on execution. More often than not it sucks so we'll see.

LeleSocho

Banned
"Let's sabotage our own product line" is practically the Google corporate philosophy at this point.

Truly the Microsoft of our time

BR7q4E4.jpg

Top Bottom