• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Toki767

Kind of tempted to grab the Huawei watch from Amazon...would be like $120ish for me after credits and the spend $150, get $30 off promotion for having an Amazon VISA card.

But I don't know how future proof it would be with Google's new watches coming out.

Jeffrey

So I have been getting an "Insufficient Storage" message every time I try to download something. Still have space though.

depends on phone but most typically require like 800+mb of 'free space' available at all times for system uses or something and gets antsy if you get less than that.

Kind of tempted to grab the Huawei watch from Amazon...would be like $120ish for me after credits and the spend $150, get $30 off promotion for having an Amazon VISA card.

But I don't know how future proof it would be with Google's new watches coming out.

but those will look like crap though.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
samsung-7-unpacked-invite.jpg

Halcyon

I grabbed the Moto X Pure today from Amazon. I'm upgrading from a 1st Gen Moto G so I'm pretty excited about all this.

I'm going to be getting LTE finally along with an actual camera. Plus I was actually planning to order one through Moto Maker on Friday with the only difference being that the champagne accents on the bamboo back so for $100 less I think I made out pretty good.

Barmaley

Neo Member
What's the opinion on the Huawei P8? I managed to order one for cheap, but what with Asus Zenfone 3 around the corner, I'm having second thoughts.

Jeels

Android GAF, please help me out. Ready to jump from Xperia Z3C but I can't seem to pick a new phone.

What's important (in order):
-Camera
-Size (I acknowledge I won't find a flagship the size of the Z3C anymore :( )
-Same or better performance than my current phone (Battery/Speed)
-Willing to wait a couple of months if something is on the horizon

Android GAF, please help me out. Ready to jump from Xperia Z3C but I can't seem to pick a new phone.

-Camera
Wait until the new Nexus phones are unveiled in September/October. They will probably be some of the best phones release this year. The camera will probably end up being really good since last years phones had excellent camera's, the smaller Nexus will probably end up being one of the best "Small" phones we get this year since every other phone is pretty large in comparison, and the performance is going to be really good, especially if it packs the 821.

-Camera

s7 edge or s7 is good for now. Note 7 is on horizon but too big. No compact phones on horizon though. S7 is 5.1 inch so not so big compared to z3c.

LeleSocho

Banned
To be precise, I got it for 235€, which is around 260usd. Are there better options in that price category? Most important aspect for me is the camera.

Well if the camera is more important than anything else then sincerely at that price range i would've picked the Nexus 5X which is 239€ around here.

-Camera

Sailfish may be what you're looking for which is the 5" HTC Nexus. Can't say what the camera will be like but based on leaks everything else should fit your criteria.

Furyous

What's the difference between the international variant and the one I'd buy directly from AT&T?

No CDMA support
No carrier specific fuckery with updates
FM radio enabled
The H850 version has bootloader unlock.

Am I a nerd for knowing all this information about a device I do not own yet?

Nexus 6P 32GB is $350 through google fi right now. You have to pay up front for a month of service, but can cancel after a day and get refunded for most of the month of service.

Jeffrey

Wait until the new Nexus phones are unveiled in September/October. They will probably be some of the best phones release this year. The camera will probably end up being really good since last years phones had excellent camera's, the smaller Nexus will probably end up being one of the best "Small" phones we get this year since every other phone is pretty large in comparison, and the performance is going to be really good, especially if it packs the 821.

oh the nexus 5x successor won't be a midrange processor this time?

Sid

I have no idea why but since the last Samsung Music update the music lags a few minutes after the screen is off, does anyone else have the same issue? on a Note 4 BTW and it happens even if I try Google Music.

oh the nexus 5x successor won't be a midrange processor this time?
Based on what AndroidPolice is saying they seem confident that both phones are going to have the same RAM/CPU this year so it looks like it might be an iPhone approach whereas specs will be the same minus the battery size and screens.

Jeffrey

Based on what AndroidPolice is saying they seem confident that both phones are going to have the same RAM/CPU this year so it looks like it might be an iPhone approach whereas specs will be the same minus the battery size and screens.

same*.

the 6S never got OIS right?

android N spec wise, is there any limitations on 'splitscreen' for screen size? hopefully phones under 5.5" still get that feature

-Camera

iPhone SE

Hitta93

Banned
They cancelled this? Was thinking of getting on it for the Note 7?

I don't think so, but no bullshit, I've been to two T Mobile stores and was told they don't offer it anymore. CS on the other hand has said they do, but I have to put a down payment as far as covering the applicable taxes on the device, which is like 60-70 bucks.

So basically a LOT of misinformation is going on and I don't even know who to believe lol.

My head hurts because I've literally wasted like 4 hours trying to upgrade with no success today, so just take this with a grain of salt.

clav

Is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 that bad of a SoC?

I keep reading about heat issues on the 61X lineup although I don't think it's that big of an issue for users with 4-5 year old hardware.

Jeffrey

Is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 that bad of a SoC?

I keep reading about heat issues on the 61X lineup although I don't think it's that big of an issue for users with 4-5 year old hardware.

my brother has a ALCATEL OneTouch Idol 3, its not the fastest thing in the world but he seems to like it for his uses (watching anime, reddit etc).

I don't think so, but no bullshit, I've been to two T Mobile stores and was told they don't offer it anymore. CS on the other hand has said they do, but I have to put a down payment as far as covering the applicable taxes on the device, which is like 60-70 bucks.

So basically a LOT of misinformation is going on and I don't even know who to believe lol.

My head hurts because I've literally wasted like 4 hours trying to upgrade with no success today, so just take this with a grain of salt.

I've learned never to truest cell phone store employees. Hopefully they didn't end it. I'd trust their telesales dept over a store.

No CDMA support
No carrier specific fuckery with updates
FM radio enabled
The H850 version has bootloader unlock.

Am I a nerd for knowing all this information about a device I do not own yet?

Thanks.
Without any carrier-modified updates, would I be missing out on certain carrier features that would have shipped?

Top Bottom