• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Anyone know how I can make some adjustments to Google keyboard? Like, it keep auto correcting "I'm" to "in" and "James" to "Jane's". Stuff like that. Anyway to tell the keyboard what autocorrections it should prioritize?
Have you tried long pressing on the suggested word and dragging it to the trash can?

linkboy

Anyone know how I can make some adjustments to Google keyboard? Like, it keep auto correcting "I'm" to "in" and "James" to "Jane's". Stuff like that. Anyway to tell the keyboard what autocorrections it should prioritize?

I believe it's in their keyboard settings.

Go to language and settings, and choose Google keyboard. There's an option for text correction.

Yeah, this keeps happening to me as well, plus every time when I try to correct myself in something by backspacing, certain words will appear all jumbled together while trying to do so & I would have to keep backspacing just to get rid of it all. It's annoying.

Loving the ability to make your own keyboard themes.

aXS0QWk.png

Wish I could change the accent colors, though.

Arrrammis

Hey all, I've recently run into a problem with the audio on my Droid Maxx. I most recently noticed this with Pokemon Go, I don't believe it has affected other apps. When I launch the app, it pauses whatever music I am listening to in the background, and only plays the app sounds. However, if I unpause my music, it completely mutes the app. I can go in to the app and turn sounds on and off, but it always stays silent. I've tried going through all the settings I can find, and the only way I can get sound turned back on for the app is to completely close and re-open the app. Has anyone seen this issue? Do you have any suggestions?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Never been a fan of the Google keyboard that much, but that APK someone posted here of the new version is so much better. I love that you can customize the keyboard to your own liking with any pic you want. It's so cool. I'm not sure if I'm going to give up Swiftkey yet, but it's a very solid alternative for me now.

Jeffrey

Remember the Alcatel Idol 4s? Yeah me neither. Pre-order on the 15th for $350. $399 after

It sounds good, but considering the Axon 7 and Oneplus 3 exist, I wouldn't consider it. Only thing cool about it is the JBL speakers. Otherwise it runs a SD 652 and has micro-usb. Yuck.

652 seems to be about as good or quicker than last years 808, so its a decent phone, but at those prices... definitely isn't the 'bargain/value' last year's idol 2 was.

I do love the packaging/vr headset box though. pretty neat!

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
ZTE had a webinar(!) about the Axon 7 last night. Taken from XDA:

*they listened to the beta testers and community chatter and added the capacitive buttons back into the US base model (whyyy)
*this change is what delayed the release slightly
*gold model will be released first (July 27th) followed by the quartz grey (Aug 16th/17th -- BestBuy and webinar disagreed on date) -- no plans for the silver one in the US
*pre-orders are available now at ZTE (their website and eBay), Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg, and B&H for $399
*notification LED is present and RGB (he specifically remembered red and green being there)
*they've heard the feedback on the bootloader unlocking and been in discussions with R&D about the best way to do it -- they said it's an "when" not an "if", but it won't be at launch because that would meant another delay
*it will have Tap to Wake
*they've been working on the imaging code constantly -- every update they've done has had changes for it
*it is band compatible with Sprint and Verizon but will not work with them at launch -- if they can get it certified, it will probably only need an OTA to work with them
*updates will be on a monthly schedule to line up with Google and to not over annoy users with frequent OTA updates (the only exception was for a critical security updates from Google)
*they are planning the 6 GB/128 GB model to be released in the US at some point in the future, but they wouldn't commit to any time frame
*they are working with Google on getting the phone DayDream certified
*they are committed to an Android Nougat release as soon as possible but wouldn't comment on a date (he seemed to imply they were working with Google on this to get it out more quickly)
*microSD slot was limited to 128 GB [although, I see no reason why it couldn't use higher than that, since most of the 32 GB limited ones work fine with larger capacity]
*they will be posting the rest of the answers on the ZTE USA Community Forum over the next few days, including if the retail partners are included in the Passport 2.0 program [I'm not sure what distinction was being made here, since they had already said the full warranty would apply from any retailer]

AttendeeViewerImage003.bmp

http://forum.xda-developers.com/axon-7/help/model-qa-zte-usa-webinar-t3417965

Jeffrey

wait so its not actually daydream certified?

I swear they were pimping it like it was.

still a bummer that every time a new phone is revealed, someone gotta confirm if its gonna get the next android version (at some point).

wonder if this problem will ever be solved, at the very least figure out how to require all manufacturers to do timely security updates.

Noema

Moto E 3rd Gen Announced

http://www.androidauthority.com/moto-e3-brings-bigger-nicer-screen-low-cost-703207/

Haven't seen the processor yet, but they bumped the screen size to 5" with a 720p screen now. Also increased the camera to 8 MP.

This essentially makes it like the old Moto G.

I'm guessing it's the same phone they are already selling in some regions as the Moto G Play . 2GB of RAM and a SD410.

Should provide excellent battery life with that 2800mah battery, 720p display and low power processor.

Jeffrey

idk something about ZTE, Altelcel, ASUS, are just phones I personally wouldn't buy, regardless of reviews or bad things said about them. I'm weird

not sure about zte or asus (i had terrible RMA experience with asus for laptops tho), but Alcatel been great for my brother. The phone didn't boot up at all and they overnight him a new phone. He also shattered the screen when playing basketball and they fixed it all up for him, just had to pay shipping and handling, all with the included normal warranty.

Shame they aren't offering a model of their idol with the 820/821.

idk something about ZTE, Altelcel, ASUS, are just phones I personally wouldn't buy, regardless of reviews or bad things said about them. I'm weird

Without actual experience? That is weird. I've had shoddy ASUS products in the past. Almost all my ASUS products I've had to RMA (save for a sound card) at one time or another so I will never buy from them again.

clav

Moto E 3rd Gen Announced

Haven't seen the processor yet, but they bumped the screen size to 5" with a 720p screen now. Also increased the camera to 8 MP.

This essentially makes it like the old Moto G.

Isn't that going to be called the Moto G4 Play?

http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g-play

I see identical images and specs.

I'm guessing it's the same phone they are already selling in some regions as the Moto G Play . 2GB of RAM and a SD410.

Should provide excellent battery life with that 2800mah battery, 720p display and low power processor.

Beaten.

Journalism?

this_guy

Is this a serious question?

Yes. HTC doesn't engineer any of their own parts - they buy off the shelf parts just like the other companies mentioned. HTC's build quality is also overrated. They have what I'll call good perceived build quality - great out of the box but use the device for a while and you'll see where they cut corners.

So how is HTC better?

Yes. HTC doesn't engineer any of their own parts - they buy off the shelf parts just like the other companies mentioned. HTC's build quality is also overrated. They have what I'll call good perceived build quality - great out of the box but use the device for a while and you'll see where they cut corners.

So how is HTC better?

My M7 is still in perfect condition. Granted I take care of it and don't use it daily anymore, but I was for about 8 months and it was still almost as good as new. HTC customer service as far as I know is fine. Had to call to fix the purple tint on the M7 over 2 years after having it and it was fixed and done within 2 weeks for free.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
You know those days when you forget your headphones?

Now you can remember your phone and headphones, but forget the adaptor!

Valkrai

Damn it, I just got the last gen Moto E too.

Edit: Seems like it won't be much of a step up aside from storage and RAM. So I should be ok to skip it.

Matush

Guys, need a little bit of help. I have a question about power banks, I recently bought OP3 and sold my S5. I kept my 5200mAh connectIT power bank but I'm a little bit worried about powering up my new phone. All I would need to do is change powering cable from micro USB to Type-C. Is it save?

Top Bottom