• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Keyouta

How often should you be getting Google Opinion Reward surveys? I had one last November when I installed the app and none since then.

RuGalz

How often should you be getting Google Opinion Reward surveys? I had one last November when I installed the app and none since then.

I'm getting at least a couple a week. It mostly comes from surveys about local businesses. So if you have location history turned off it won't work at all. Or if I don't go shopping it's pretty rare I'd get a survey.

wilflare

how do I keep the metadata on my photos intact when I restore them to my phone?
i.e. back-up to PC, reformat phone, transfer back to phone

doing this often result the timestamp being reset to the date of last transfer than the actual date of the photo being taken

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Welcome to 2016 - MKBHD

screenshot_2016-07-18ozsgr.png

Yeah, there's a quite significant revision of the 810. Polishing a turd, but y'know.

Is this actually really confirmed? I remember OnePlus stating that they'd have a better 2.1 revision of the chip, only for HTC to come out and say they were already using that revision in the M9.

Noema

how do I keep the metadata on my photos intact when I restore them to my phone?
i.e. back-up to PC, reformat phone, transfer back to phone

doing this often result the timestamp being reset to the date of last transfer than the actual date of the photo being taken

Use Google photos.

Noema

hmm but even with Google Photos, redownloading the photo changes the timestamp (as far as I remember)

I think you can set Google photos to create a copy to Google Drive. That copy should keep the timestamp. Dropbox camera upload should also keep the timestamp when syncing to a local folder.

Guys anyone using Outlook over Gmail app? I tried Outlook but it eats a lot more RAM, any hidden functionality that I might have missed? What is your preference

Hasney

Last time I downloaded the OTAs, they were pushed to my Pixel C and 6P like a minute after. I'll just wait on this one.

Jeffrey

Anyone find a good way to integrate Exchange calendar with the default google calendar app?

Just want this all tidy like how I had it on my iphone. Apparently gmail got outlook support a while ago, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

M.D

Uhh.. little help plz

I turned on developer mode in my S7 Edge to change the animation settings and then turned off the switch at the top thinking it would hide this menu again, but it turned everything off and I'm pretty sure some things were turned on before

How can I return it to its default state? or can anyone take a picture of his phone with the default settings please?

Uhh.. little help plz

I turned on developer mode in my S7 Edge to change the animation settings and then turned off the switch at the top thinking it would hide this menu again, but it turned everything off and I'm pretty sure some things were turned on before

How can I return it to its default state? or can anyone take a picture of his phone with the default settings please?
The switch in the developer options menu has to be on in order for the changes to take effect. And I don't believe you can hide the menu again once you've activated it.

M.D

The switch in the developer options menu has to be on in order for the changes to take affect. And I don't believe you can hide the menu again once you've activated it.

I found a way, you do it by going to "Apps" and clearing the cache of "Settings"
Regarding the switch, yeah, I figured it after I turned it off, but it seemed to me that some things were turned on before I turned it off, but I can't find anything that would need to run normally so I'm gonna leave it like that except for changing the animation settings again because they reverted back to normal

Noema

For a final answer from you guys, at the current prices, is there a better phone than the Nexus 5X at less than $300?

LG G4 $280 unlocked.

Same CPU but more RAM, QHD display; larger, user replaceable battery and better camera.

Downsides: Not a Nexus so probably won't get any updates past 6.0. LG's UI is hideous in my opinion but Nova Launcher can help alleviate that. There are reports of devices suddenly and irreparably entering into Boot-loops out of the blue.

B&H Photo is offering the ZTE AXON 7 with a 75 buck gift card and a 35 dollar set of earbuds for $399. Not bad if you can sell the gift card on ebay to make this a 325 dollar phone (you pay no taxes).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=New+Release_New+Release&N=176&Ntt=zte&sts=ma

ZTE is said to have promised to do quick updates with a update to latest version of Android (Nougat) quickly after it is released on Nexus phones.

Who would buy a 75 dollar gift card online for 75 dollars?

Jeffrey

B&H Photo is offering the ZTE AXON 7 with a 75 buck gift card and a 35 dollar set of earbuds for $399. Not bad if you can sell the gift card on ebay to make this a 325 dollar phone (you pay no taxes).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...Ntt=zte&sts=ma

ZTE is said to have promised to do quick updates with a update to latest version of Android (Nougat) quickly after it is released on Nexus phones.

ehhh fuck it. getting this. So i'm gonna go through a moto x pure 16gb, moto x pure 32 gb, and a ZTE axon 7 within a month. Maybe a iphone in sept too. Now to figure out how to write this off as a work expensive.

You would be shocked. I've seen 50 dollar gift cards go for 60 on ebay. I don't know what kind of situation it makes sense in but its there.

It's often for people to get gift cards for online stores in different regions. Many gaffers do buy jp psn cards because ps4 is region free and you can have multiple accounts on them. Typically cheaper and less of a hassle than importing.

vivftp

I'll never understand why they didn't continue in that direction, it was a gorgeous device.

A few reasons were given. The larger camera sensor they started to use required more space, so the options would have been to either make the phone thicker, or make the bezels larger so they could put it above the screen. The front facing stereo speakers would also require a bit of room on their own. Also the waterproofing seems to add some bulk to the design. All those combined would either mean a phone with larger bezels, or a thicker phone, and they opted for the former.

I do kinda like this new design direction. I'm just sitting here, holding out hope for a new flagship Ultra to show up :)

Top Bottom