• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Well fuck. I told a friend of mine on Verizon to get the Nexus 6P (which he got) recently because I thought the Axon 7 wouldn't work on Verizon. Fuck... I mean, I love the Nexus 6P, but still.

BroBot

oh really now:

power.png

For $400... My hype is through the roof.

Jeffrey

is there an option for 'normal' android buttons on the screen for the axon 7 instead of haptic, like how oneplus stuff has that option?

mackattk

Well fuck. I told a friend of mine on Verizon to get the Nexus 6P (which he got) recently because I thought the Axon 7 wouldn't work on Verizon. Fuck... I mean, I love the Nexus 6P, but still.

There is really no telling when/if it will be unlocked for Verizon's use. Technically it has the bands for it; but the 6P is still a good phone.

I'm glad I preordered the AXON 7.

REALLY FUCKING GLAD!

Same here. Huge sigh of relief that reviews seem to be positive for it. Still waiting on other reviews, but I hate preordering things like phones just because you don't know how well it will perform once it comes out. Really looking forward to once I get my hands on it.

There is really no telling when/if it will be unlocked for Verizon's use. Technically it has the bands for it; but the 6P is still a good phone.

Same here. Huge sigh of relief that reviews seem to be positive for it. Still waiting on other reviews, but I hate preordering things like phones just because you don't know how well it will perform once it comes out. Really looking forward to once I get my hands on it.

Well, now we look like the smartest fucking kids in the class. At 400 unlocked, this might just be the best Android buy of 2016.

Jeffrey

well its not like the previews were anything to have worried about ;P

Just hope the first batch is minimal on the amount of hardware/software issues.

Now to return this trash TPU case I bought off amazon.

Jeffrey

There is also this: http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/...chnische-daten

ZTE might come out with an Axon 7 mini?

Looks like:

-5.2" display
-1080p screen
-Snapdragon 617
-32GB/3GB
-MicroSD slot
-Dual speakers
-16MP rear/8MP front cameras
-2700mah battery

5.2"

mini.

I feel like people made that joke last year too.

oh seems like Oneplus noticed the axon 7. They are releasing a gold version of op3 tomorrow at noon est.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...et-the-oneplus-3-soft-gold-on-july-26.456732/

The lack of confirmed unlocked bootloader for axon7 really is the only ding for me.

Hitta93

Banned
Greenify didn't really do anything for me even with most settings turned on. Try rooting it and install Naptime w/Aggressive Doze. 0,5% overnight drain per hour. I also put my brightness 2 steps below 50%. I got 5hrs30min SOT yesterday (20% battery left) with 4 hours of that being Pokemon Go.

Does anyone have any tweaks to make MyFitnessPal not reload so often? I thought upgrading would get rid of that issue. Multitasking works fine apart from that.

Any rooting guide you can point me to?

I've honestly never had success doing one for how long I've been a Android user.

Noema

Hopefully the Axon 7 has an unlock friendly bootloader and becomes popular among the development community to receive extensive support for custom ROMs and kernels.

So I just switched to an android from iPhone. I moved my SIM card but I'm still getting messages sent to my iPhone that aren't showing up on my new phone! It's only from other people with iPhones.

How do I stop this from happening?

Thanks!

Jeffrey

Hopefully the Axon 7 has an unlock friendly bootloader and becomes popular among the development community to receive extensive support for custom ROMs and kernels.

their stance is still 'maybe'. ZTE isn't known for doing this, but they've been listening to a lot of feedback this time.

So my B&H preorder goodies arrived. man is getting the samsung wireless headset to work with my current phone a pain.

Getting the initial sync and stuff for bluetooh on android has always been a pain for android phones for me.

Like I have the headphones on and paired, but when I play a video it still uses the speakers of the phone. REquires a bunch of trial and error to get it working, bah.

So I just switched to an android from iPhone. I moved my SIM card but I'm still getting messages sent to my iPhone that aren't showing up on my new phone! It's only from other people with iPhones.

How do I stop this from happening?

Thanks!

switch back!

thanks Apple!!!

seriously, how many people blame Android for this 'feature' and run back?

Jeffrey

switch back!

thanks Apple!!!

seriously, how many people blame Android for this 'feature' and run back?

Honestly at this point, if you are switching, if you aren't getting a samsung you are probably getting something cheaper than an iphone to begin with. (people switching from apple to android aren't doing it because of bootloaders or rooting lol).

Looking forward to the Axon 7 impressions.

didn't someone here get their's today?

Oneplus 3 charges still relatively fast even if not using the Dash Charge charger. I haven't really tested it, but I've been using a QC 2.0 charger and been getting around 90% from 50% in about a half hour or so. I want to test more.

Saiyan-Rox

Update for the OP3 is rolling out

Improved notification management in doze.

Addressed alert slider/silent mode issue.

Disabled fingerprint sensor while in pocket.

Added NFC toggle in quick settings.

Improved noise cancellation in video recording.

Updated 4K video recording codec.

Added latest security patches and various optimizations.

Actually got an update right away for a change and downloading now.

Update for the OP3 is rolling out

Improved notification management in doze.

Addressed alert slider/silent mode issue.

Disabled fingerprint sensor while in pocket.

Added NFC toggle in quick settings.

Improved noise cancellation in video recording.

Updated 4K video recording codec.

Added latest security patches and various optimizations.

Actually got an update right away for a change and downloading now.

Seems like a solid update, really makes you wonder what kind of testing their software gets before release though. I'm still waiting for the guy I used to work with to come in to our office so I can see his OP3.

Still enjoying my phone and waiting on MIUI 8 to release, been running some community builds which have been fine and I actually quite like it, it's certainly buttery smooth.

Quixzlizx

I'm tempted to get the Axon, but I want to try Google Fi for that sweet sweet call/text over wifi, so I'll probably hold out for a 2016 Nexus.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I'm wondering as well, but that's because I'd really like to know what's up with it. Reviewers would normally be done with a ZTE phone at this point

Jeffrey

huh, you don't often see default launchers of phones with 5 icons on a row lol.

Still don't get why google now launcher still does 4 icons per row on these giant 1440p displays.

$430 (Forcibly bundled with a $70 external battery charger) for a phone with a 617 CPU and 16GB base storage. Talk about laughable, BlackBerry has no idea what makes a mid-range device mid-range.
http://shop.blackberry.com/store/bbrryus/en_CA/pd/productID.4104431400/categoryID.3836869100

Full Specs:
Snapdragon 617
16GB Storage with MicroSD support and 3GB RAM
5.2" 1080p resolution screen.
MicroUSB with QuickCharge 2.0
13MP Rear camera and an 8MP Front-facing "Selfie" camera.
Dimensions wise it looks to be nearly the exact same size as the Nexus 5X except, it is slightly thinner.
2610mAh battery.

(EDIT) Never mind I don't know if my region setting was off or if they changed it, but it is priced at $300. At that price I'd say it is more attractive.

MarkusRJR

How do you set up an Outlook account to sync email, contacts, and calendar using gmail and the default calendar app? I got my LG G4 repaired, and this time around I'm not using the Outlook app because it doesn't work with Pebble. I tried making an exchange account, but it only works on gmail and there's no check boxes for contacts or calendar in account settings. Then I tried to make an MS Exchange account. While the contacts and calendar work fine, the emails are coming through on default LG email app instead of gmail.

Do I need to disable the MS Exchange's email and set up a second "Exchange" account to get it working in gmail? Seems really dumb... There has to be a simple way to get it to work, right?

Furyous

$430 (Forcibly bundled with a $70 external battery charger) for a phone with a 617 CPU and 16GB base storage. Talk about laughable, BlackBerry has no idea what makes a mid-range device mid-range.
http://shop.blackberry.com/store/bbrryus/en_CA/pd/productID.4104431400/categoryID.3836869100

Full Specs:
Snapdragon 617
16GB Storage with MicroSD support and 3GB RAM
5.2" 1080p resolution screen.
MicroUSB with QuickCharge 2.0
13MP Rear camera and an 8MP Front-facing "Selfie" camera.
Dimensions wise it looks to be nearly the exact same size as the Nexus 5X except, it is slightly thinner.
2610mAh battery.

It's $299 USD.

Guys what do you use NFC for? I've been reading about people saying that it is important tech to have, but I have no idea what to use it for? Any tips?

Groof

Guys what do you use NFC for? I've been reading about people saying that it is important tech to have, but I have no idea what to use it for? Any tips?

personally i mainly use it for pairing stuff. convenience.

i think many in here use it for payment stuff. i don't have that available in my country, but if it was i'd use it.

Top Bottom