• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Jeffrey

I love how a lot of the new blackberry previews written all have digs against motorola ("Blackberry promises monthly security updates unlike... motorola).

This new blackberry launch could definitely capitalize on this.

Also:

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/7/27/12294714/blackberry-dtek50-preview-android-photos

BlackBerry also promises to have a zero-day delay on delivering Google's monthly security patches. When I raised the point about "zero-day" being a common term to refer to severe software vulnerabilities, I was met with blank stares. This is what I mean about BlackBerry's marketing: the company finds awful ways to communicate good things.

lol.

It seems that my trusty Note 4 is reaching its death...
I gotta ask GAF, the most trusted panel of reviewers and technicians, for advice on what to get next. I have three different features that I would like, though:

1- Stylus
2- Expandable Memory
3- Removable Battery

Is there another phone that's not a Note 4 and fits these needs?
Plz thx
I loved my Note 4, but as much as I loved having a removeable battery as an option, I never actually used it. But I won't budge on SD Card expansion (unless cheap 128gb options become available)!

I just just settled on that feature (since the G5 didn't seem all that great) and went with the S7 Edge.

Since you want a stylus, you should probably just wait for the Note 7, don't know of any other notable phones that have one or use it as well.

Genuinely considering selling my GS7 Edge for the Axon 7. I love it, but i listen to music regularly enough that good audio would be a really nice thing to have. I use a USB DAC via OTG, but obviously a really good internal DAC would be more convenient. There's also the matter of front facing speakers, and a (potentially) unlockable bootloader. Little worried about the loss of water resistance though.

Jigolo

Genuinely considering selling my GS7 Edge for the Axon 7. I love it, but i listen to music regularly enough that good audio would be a really nice thing to have. I use a USB DAC via OTG, but obviously a really good internal DAC would be more convenient. There's also the matter of front facing speakers, and a (potentially) unlockable bootloader. Little worried about the loss of water resistance though.
You're a nut

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Robin-Ember.jpg

Now Available

zewone

Sell it to me for a good price.

Jeffrey

http://community.nextbit.com/t5/Anno.../m-p/22222#M22

If they keep their word on this they've earned my respect. we shall see

anyone here get one of these? I remember reviews seem kinda ok, but people not really sold on the cloud stuff.

My Axon 7 just shipped around 1030. I can't wait for that sweet battery life.

for how much hype this phone is in this OT, surprised no one's posted about it in Off-topic, where Oneplus gets frequent threads.

Maybe when more reviews are out, or when people here start getting theirs?

anyone here get one of these? I remember reviews seem kinda ok, but people not really sold on the cloud stuff.

for how much hype this phone is in this OT, surprised no one's posted about it in Off-topic, where Oneplus gets frequent threads.

Maybe when more reviews are out, or when people here start getting theirs?

People cant get on wifi yet to post it.

Noema

The cloud backup stuff is sort of gimmicky. I mean, the implementation is kind of neat since Android's built in back up solutions are kind of shifty. But having a 64GB+SD Card support would have made more sense.

It's a nifty phone. Unique looks and the red one looks rad. And also, the bootloader is unlocked. I guess people are turned off by the SD808.

Mindwipe

The cloud backup stuff is sort of gimmicky. I mean, the implementation is kind of neat since Android's built in back up solutions are kind of shifty. But having a 64GB+SD Card support would have made more sense.

It's a nifty phone. Unique looks and the red one looks rad. And also, the bootloader is unlocked. I guess people are turned off by the SD808.

Also I think the general consensus is that the camera is a bit shit.

It's physically gorgeous though. Maybe the best looking smartphone on the market. Shame about the size.

mackattk

For the Axon 7, probably a defective unit... I haven't heard of anyone else having wifi issues, I am sure they would have come forward by now.

Anyways, mine shipped from B&H today, here's hoping mine works fine.

Jeffrey

yeah there are review units out there even if there arne't many reviews atm.

(Norm from Tested mentioned he got one, but tested typically publish video reviews month or so after using them).

reKon

Banned
For the Axon 7, probably a defective unit... I haven't heard of anyone else having wifi issues, I am sure they would have come forward by now.

Anyways, mine shipped from B&H today, here's hoping mine works fine.

It will probably be fine. We're just having some fun

Saiyan-Rox

If the robin had a little better specs i'd have bought it in a heartbeat and just loaded CM on it as I think that online backup stuff is pointless.

I do really like that phone tho the design is unique.

Jeffrey

the axon definitely has some issue with the rom, Although I don't see really any decent support options on their website.

Wonder if a factory restore or something could fix it?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Nextbit is the only Android phone I'd get, other than a Nexus. Great support, good specs for a good price, and the absolutely fantastic design that beats every other phone in the past few years. The storage gimmick isn't a big deal, though. I don't know why they act like they solved the aids epidemic.

Red color is cool but I love the blue and white. Make a red and white. That would be fire.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Newegg just dropped mine off. Big box, cause it came with those headphones

Let's see how it do

Edit: my wifi is fine

Hitta93

Banned
Your decision, but...

You're a nut

So who's excited for the Galaxy Note 7?

Might consider the upgrade if the specs are good enough. Only downside of getting the S7 is the screen size.

Quasar

Nextbit is the only Android phone I'd get, other than a Nexus. Great support, good specs for a good price, and the absolutely fantastic design that beats every other phone in the past few years. The storage gimmick isn't a big deal, though. I don't know why they act like they solved the aids epidemic.

Red color is cool but I love the blue and white. Make a red and white. That would be fire.

How are they with software updates? But yeah its the only interesting looking phone I've seen forcyears.

Top Bottom