• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Saiyan-Rox

Guys what do you use NFC for? I've been reading about people saying that it is important tech to have, but I have no idea what to use it for? Any tips?

Android Pay for one but before that it was used for connecting devices to bluetooth stuff easier (like bluetooth speakers etc) but apart from that I never ever used it before Android Pay.

Hasney

Guys what do you use NFC for? I've been reading about people saying that it is important tech to have, but I have no idea what to use it for? Any tips?

Pair Bluetooth devices easily
I setup another device by just touching my phone to the other device
Android Pay

Motorola reaffirming that they will not be committing to monthly security updates.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016...-will-not-commit-to-monthly-security-patches/
Motorola understands that keeping phones up to date with Android security patches is important to our customers. We strive to push security patches as quickly as possible. However, because of the amount of testing and approvals that are necessary to deploy them, it's difficult to do this on a monthly basis for all our devices. It is often most efficient for us to bundle security updates in a scheduled Maintenance Release (MR) or OS upgrade.
As we previously stated, Moto Z Droid Edition will receive Android Security Bulletins. Moto G4 will also receive them.

MarkusRJR

Wow Motorola/Lenovo really have gone to shit. At least their ThinkPad line is still decent.

So who's left even doing monthly security patches? LG, Blackberry, Nexus phones?

How do you set up an Outlook account to sync email, contacts, and calendar using gmail and the default calendar app? I got my LG G4 repaired, and this time around I'm not using the Outlook app because it doesn't work with Pebble. I tried making an exchange account, but it only works on gmail and there's no check boxes for contacts or calendar in account settings. Then I tried to make an MS Exchange account. While the contacts and calendar work fine, the emails are coming through on default LG email app instead of gmail.

Do I need to disable the MS Exchange's email and set up a second "Exchange" account to get it working in gmail? Seems really dumb... There has to be a simple way to get it to work, right?
Anyone know about solving this?

Why buy Motorola at this point? They literally dont give a fuck about you. No wonder their partnership is with Verizon. Both cut from the same cloth.

reKon

Banned
Incredible how Google hasn't figured out high Android OS usage when draining battery. I have everything set to turn off mobile background data when my phone is not in use, and yet I see it at the top of my usage for the past week. I'm going to turn off the Google backup sync to see if this is the culprit. Google should be smarter with this shit by now. It's fucking ridiculous.

VoxPop

How would the 6P, OP3, and S6 Edge Plus fare as dedicated Pokemon Go machines?

Any GPS/Processor/RAM/Battery etc issues I might be unaware of?

Slermy

Anyone have experience with the Xperia phones? I recently picked up the Verizon variant of the Z3 but can't seem to update the OS.

The internal "update" option says its the latest even though I know it's not (It's running Kit Kat). I'm pretty sure the fact that I'm using a different service provider that uses their towers (such as Page Plus) is part of my issue. I've tried the Sony Companion program, but it won't see the phone (though windows detects it just fine).

Jeffrey

my bh order has changed to:

Status: In stock, order sent to warehouse Expedited Delivery

hopefully get it before the weekend.

my bh order has changed to:

Status: In stock, order sent to warehouse Expedited Delivery

hopefully get it before the weekend.

My buddy is giving his galaxy 7 Edge to his wife and selling her IPhone 6 plus to buy the Axon 7. Get this, he still has a Moto X Pure from last year but won't sell it. WTF?

BroBot

Pre-ordered the Axon 7 from Best Buy for in store pickup this friday. I will make sure to snap some pics over the weekend while in the park and post em here.

clav

Wow Motorola/Lenovo really have gone to shit. At least their ThinkPad line is still decent.

So who's left even doing monthly security patches? LG, Blackberry, Nexus phones?

Anyone know about solving this?

CM

Incredible how Google hasn't figured out high Android OS usage when draining battery. I have everything set to turn off mobile background data when my phone is not in use, and yet I see it at the top of my usage for the past week. I'm going to turn off the Google backup sync to see if this is the culprit. Google should be smarter with this shit by now. It's fucking ridiculous.

Alternatively, problem is due to the SoC's power usage for the cellular modem. Put your phone in airplane mode with wifi only and see how long that lasts.

reKon

Banned
CM

Alternatively, problem is due to the SoC's power usage for the cellular modem. Put your phone in airplane mode with wifi only and see how long that lasts.

It would be pretty shocking if the 820 is less efficient than the 801. I think it's all software (my last phone was the Xperia Z3 Compact)

It seems that my trusty Note 4 is reaching its death...
I gotta ask GAF, the most trusted panel of reviewers and technicians, for advice on what to get next. I have three different features that I would like, though:

1- Stylus
2- Expandable Memory
3- Removable Battery

Is there another phone that's not a Note 4 and fits these needs?
Plz thx

Jeffrey

My buddy is giving his galaxy 7 Edge to his wife and selling her IPhone 6 plus to buy the Axon 7. Get this, he still has a Moto X Pure from last year but won't sell it. WTF?

backup phone? idk.

I bought a moto x pure 16gb during the $240 sale. Returned that for 32gb amazon prime for $250.

Returning that one too after the axon 7 arrived (and its not a lemon).

Need more user reviews of the Axon 7 but this certainly looks like the phone I'll be replacing my G4 with

It would be one of the phones that's on my mind, except that there's a few issues:

-Starts off on v6.0.1 (Marshmallow) instead of Nougat
-Probably no monthly updates for security or updates for OS
-No option for 128 GB's of internal storage in the U.S.
-Project Fi probably won't work on it

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I gotta ask GAF, the most trusted panel of reviewers and technicians, for advice on what to get next. I have three different features that I would like, though:

1- Stylus
2- Expandable Memory
3- Removable Battery

Plz thx
Wait for the new Note.

It would be one of the phones that's on my mind, except that there's a few issues:

-Starts off on v6.0.1 (Marshmallow) instead of Nougat
-Probably no monthly updates for security or updates for OS
-No option for 128 GB's of internal storage in the U.S.
-Project Fi probably won't work on it
To be fair Nougat hasn't been released yet so there really isn't anything that can be done about that. Also, ZTE provided regular monthly security updates to the Axon Pro and it got Marshmallow in a decent enough period (February).

Jeffrey

they've been touting axon 7 being the first daydream phone which requires nougat, so expect that pretty soon after release.

No 128gb 6gb option is a bummer (could still happen), but it does support sd cards, and the marshmallow adaptive storage option works quite well from when I tested it if you are lazy to manage sd storage yourself.

project fi won't work, but if thats what you are after, then why is any phone besides a nexus even on your mind :p

To be fair Nougat hasn't been released yet so there really isn't anything that can be done about that. Also, ZTE provided regular monthly security updates to the Axon Pro and it got Marshmallow in a decent enough period (February).

Cool. :)

If the upcoming Nexus phone by HTC can't deliver (they already have their 1st strike on no front-facing speakers), then this will definitely be my phone to pick up.

Jeffrey

I think ill stick with android for a long as there still are flagship phones that double down on including decent DAC's and what not for headphones, and decent speakers.

Maybe even stick with ZTE if I have a good year with the axon 7.

1- Stylus
2- Expandable Memory
3- Removable Battery

Plz thx

get a Note 7 and a portable charger

Top Bottom