• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Jeffrey

There have been 1440p screens in smartphones/phablets for quite a while now.

yeah. Still not really seeing a reason. I've used 5.5" 1080p phones (iphone 6+), currently using a 1440p moto x pure.

Don't feel like the resolution improves my day to day usage and the higher resolution hurts game performance (wish other companies besides samsung offer 1080p gaming mode thing).

Drifters

yeah. Still not really seeing a reason. I've used 5.5" 1080p phones (iphone 6+), currently using a 1440p moto x pure.

Don't feel like the resolution improves my day to day usage and the higher resolution hurts game performance (wish other companies besides samsung offer 1080p gaming mode thing).
VR man.

Also, in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to create the Google: Project FI OT as I just switched and it literally is the GOAT for cell phones. Anyone wants to make sure that something gets in the OT on the first post, shoot me a PM and I'll get it added. Will definitely link this thread for general Android discussion as well.

Jeffrey

VR man.

Also, in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to create the Google: Project FI OT as I just switched and it literally is the GOAT for cell phones. Anyone wants to make sure that something gets in the OT on the first post, shoot me a PM and I'll get it added. Will definitely link this thread for general Android discussion as well.

yeah mentioned that in the earlier post :p

I'm on a family plan so not really seeing the need for Fi, and it being limited to nexus is a bummer for now.

Seems like a good idea to get a backup cheap nexus phone and fi for traveling abroad.

No Love

Banned
So they have it in stock even though it shows pre order on the website?

They will, but now the preorder date got pushed back to Aug 2nd from tomorrow. WTF?

But yeah, they'll have stock. Most stores don't even know what the phone is, let alone had people come in and preorder them lol.

rc213

They will, but now the preorder date got pushed back to Aug 2nd from tomorrow. WTF?

But yeah, they'll have stock. Most stores don't even know what the phone is, let alone had people come in and preorder them lol.

Cool, I'll call my local stores tomorrow and see if i can get my hands on one.

Asgaro

When can we start to get announcements of manufacturers regarding Nougat updates? Only after Nougat's official release?

My Z3C seemingly already has a decent track record. Nougat is still a possibility considering the Z3 actually got some Preview builds.

And Sony Concept ROM initiative is still ongoing as well with regular updates. (about once a month)

android%20updates.PNG

Saiyan-Rox

Getting more and more tempted to get rid of the Pixel C keyboard....if you dont use it for a bit the on screen keyboard appears and takes a few seconds to see the physical and will miss the first few keys you type on.

Also leaves the tablet unprotected....got damage on the tablet on the silver on the back and it annoys me to no end but there's nothing I can do about the damage now. i;d get a skin for it but there doesn't seem to be support for it.

Hasney

Getting more and more tempted to get rid of the Pixel C keyboard....if you dont use it for a bit the on screen keyboard appears and takes a few seconds to see the physical and will miss the first few keys you type on.

Also leaves the tablet unprotected....got damage on the tablet on the silver on the back and it annoys me to no end but there's nothing I can do about the damage now. i;d get a skin for it but there doesn't seem to be support for it.

The keyboard doesn't do that for me at all on the latest N preview. To be honest, even if it did, I'd probably just out up with it. I hate typing on a tablet screen.

Saiyan-Rox

The keyboard doesn't do that for me at all on the latest N preview. To be honest, even if it did, I'd probably just out up with it. I hate typing on a tablet screen.

I'm on the latest preview and it just did it again. I was in multiwindow watching youtube but yeah as soon as I hit the reply box and tried to type the on screen popped up and I had to wait to start typing.

I don't mind typing on a normal screen but part of me wishes I went with the foili case even though it's ugly.

BroBot

Best Buy doesn't have my Axon 7 for pickup even though I received an email stating it was ready. I'm assuming it won't be ready until August 2nd, which is what the date says on the website now. Frustrating.

I finally ordered a Galaxy S7. My Nexus 5 keeps falling apart and wireless charging barely works anymore. €499 seemed like an okay deal. I wonder how long it's going to take to regret this decision.

clav

Does the Note still have issues with the Stylus falling out or not detected?

One reason why I didn't want to buy one last year.

I just got my ZTE AXON 7 and have went through the activation process. I just hope it goes through okay and soon. I hope I did everything right.

I expected a much thicker phone. I cant believe how thin it is. I hope next years model includes a 4,000mah battery.

BroBot

I just got my ZTE AXON 7 and have went through the activation process. I just hope it goes through okay and soon. I hope I did everything right.

I expected a much thicker phone. I cant believe how thin it is. I hope next years model includes a 4,000mah battery.

Is the phone a deep color gold or is it light/pale gold?

rc213

According to the last few posts in a topic on the ZTE forums, Best Buy didn't have the guy's Axon 7 in stock even though he received an email saying it was ready for pickup today, and he called them before going there.

https://community.zteusa.com/thread/11164

Now I'm panicking. I don't want to wait until Tuesday.

No dice at the West Hollywood location they told me even though the website said today no store actually had them. Don't know, Preorder says ready Tuesday.

I don't know about the launcher included with the Axon 7 but Nova lets you customize icon size and grid.

I'm hoping to do it from stock.

This phone reminds me of the Galaxy 3. The buttons on the side and how it feels in the hand while touching the screen scream Galaxy 3. But it looks like an HTC phone. The ZTE Axon 7 is like the HTC One M8 buttfucked a Samsung Galaxy 3. Seriously.

mackattk

This mi-pop thing on the axon 7 is pretty awesome. It is basically a floating menu button that does all the functions of the main navigation buttons on the bottom of Android. What it means is that I don't have to move my hand down and do an awkward hand gesture to hit the back button. Probably will be using it during light web browsing and whatnot.

Jeffrey

quick thoughts.

amoled is god. switching back to this makes me wonder why i ever got a phone without this.

the bottom buttons kinda suck, but getting used to it. wish they spread them out a bit. Why is the 'clear apps' button in the switcher at the very freaking bottom so close to the buttons? Always feel like im gonna accidentally hit them, don't even see the point of them when ive had no issue with multitasking with the 4gb of ram...

This mi-pop thing on the axon 7 is pretty awesome. It is basically a floating menu button that does all the functions of the main navigation buttons on the bottom of Android. What it means is that I don't have to move my hand down and do an awkward hand gesture to hit the back button. Probably will be using it during light web browsing and whatnot.

im having a hard time getting it to expand right? You kinda have to drag it and let go?

So guys, I'm looking at returning to Android after downloading iOS10 on my iPhone and not really that impressed. Seems like it's all features Android have already had for years.

With that said, I'm looking at the HTC 10, Nexus 6P, or waiting to see what the next Nexus is all about. I don't like Samsung hardware so I want to pass on the Galaxy series. What do you prefer of those phones listed?

So guys, I'm looking at returning to Android after downloading iOS10 on my iPhone and not really that impressed. Seems like it's all features Android have already had for years.

With that said, I'm looking at the HTC 10, Nexus 6P, or waiting to see what the next Nexus is all about. I don't like Samsung hardware so I want to pass on the Galaxy series. What do you prefer of those phones listed?

I really like my HTC 10.

Jeffrey

How do you guys like the notification bell?

:3

i just unlock the phone with the fingerprint sensor and skip the 'lock screen' all together so it doens't bother me. Also have a pebble too if important stuff is happening.

I'm more disappointed with how cheap and crappy this sticker with the IMEI info is on the back of the phone is. Ruins the whole 'premium' look.

quite a few people in this thread seem happy with their Axon 7 purchase (including me). google that.

Hasney

The new Nexus devices should only be a couple of months away at this point, may as well see what those have got.

thuway

The ZTE Axon looks absolutely ridiculous O_O. I want to pull the trigger, but I am a little scared about long term support for the phone. I wish there was a dev community behind it like Cyanogenmod. Every phone I've ever purchased I end up going with a custom rom to stick with the latest version of Android, and ironically, I have not upgraded since my Note 3.

The Axon has almost everything I want:
-OLED
-Front Facing Speakers
-Near Stock Android
-Top of the line specs
-Amazing battery life

My only con is:
-Not 5.7 inches or greater. I'd prefer a 6 inch device :/.

The screen size and dev support are the only things keeping me away. If the bootloader can be unlocked and an effort by Cyanogen/Omni/Slim Roms comes into the scene - I'll probably pick this up.

Or it would be absolutely amazing if ZTE announced a "Axon 7 MAX - with 6 inches". One can dream.

mackattk

How do you guys like the notification bell?

:3

Doesn't bother me much so far. Might be an. Issue playing music though. Wish you could switch it off or allow some notifications through (would be the best option). Keeps the lock screen clean though.

As far as the sticker on the back. I just took mine off...

According to EVleaks Android 7.0 Nougat should be releasing next month. Looks like they are skipping the Nexus 5 for whatever reason though.

Android 7.0 releases next month, with the 8/5 security patch. Sorry Nexus 5 owners, no Nougat for you

Saiyan-Rox

According to EVleaks Android 7.0 Nougat should be releasing next month. Looks like they are skipping the Nexus 5 for whatever reason though.

New version release before hardware

I like it...gives the opportunity to squash bugs before the Nexus devices launch (if those are still set for october

New version release before hardware

I like it...gives the opportunity to squash bugs before the Nexus devices launch (if those are still set for october

They were never set for October or any date for that matter. I'm willing to bet they drop in September this year.

Top Bottom