• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Quasar

Getting occasional stuttering from these axon preorder wireless headphones.

Wireless still has a way to go.

Blutooth does. Wonder if you could make wifi headphones.

Actually thats kind of why I wished Apple would try and make its own wireless spec for headphones, just yo see if some could make something much better than blutooth.

Blutooth does. Wonder if you could make wifi headphones.

Actually thats kind of why I wished Apple would try and make its own wireless spec for headphones, just yo see if some could make something much better than blutooth.

Well Bluetooth 5 is coming soon so...

Asgaro

I have had zero issues with music streaming over Bluetooth.
Use it all the time to listen to Spotify on my Pioneer MVH-X380BT car stereo.

Groof

While bluetooth itself is a pretty shitty standard, it's even worse on Android specifically. Riddled with bugs.

When it works it's great but there are too many occasions of inconvenience and it's too easy to interrupt. Walking through a crowded station would result in choppy music.

Ty4on

While bluetooth itself is a pretty shitty standard, it's even worse on Android specifically. Riddled with bugs.

When it works it's great but there are too many occasions of inconvenience and it's too easy to interrupt. Walking through a crowded station would result in choppy music.
I think the biggest issue is that 2.4Ghz Wifi interferes with Bluetooth. One spot in my university always drops my connection.

It also seems to be implemented very poorly by some manufacturers. I've noticed cars especially cause trouble and it's not rare they crash my phone while my headset only once or twice corrupted the connection where all that happened was no audio came through.

Quasar

I know I've had continuous trouble connecting my glucose meter to my phone. Continuously failing to connect/losing connection/having trouble pairing. I've resorted to pairing it to my ipad, which whilst not perfect is a lot more reliable.

LeleSocho

Banned
I'm sad since we'll probably never get another Nexus larger than 5.5".

Yeah, I'm not upgrading from my 6P until we do, or I go somewhere else for a phone. I still miss the slight size down from the Nexus 6.

What makes 5.5 inches screen phones too small for you guys? What can't you do on a 5.5 that you can on a 5.7 or 6 inches and why not at that point buying a small tablet?

Hasney

What makes 5.5 inches screen phones too small for you guys? What can't you do on a 5.5 that you can on a 5.7 or 6 inches and why not at that point buying a small tablet?

I watch stuff at work and the bigger screen matters, but I can't bring a tablet to work as well as my phone. They also don't do a Pixel C with a cellular connection and I can't use the work WiFi, so I need to use my unlimited 4G.

Typing is also more comfortable as I have large hands. The "one hand usage" everyone bangs on about with smaller phones wasn't an issue for me on the N6. I can touch all parts of the screen in potrait held in one hand.

Mindwipe

Yep. It's a bad standard anyway, but Google changed Bluetooth stack in Android 4.2 and made a total fucking hash of it and never really fixed it properly.

Problem is nobody thinks a better standard will happen. If it did it would be proprietary and that would be even worse.

thenexus6

Looking for some quick phone recommendations. Currently a Moto G 2015 user but the poor touch screen accuracy is driving me insane.

4-5" - 5.0"
720p ideally (for battery)
2GB / 16GB with SD card
No bloat
I am not a heavy user just want a decent smooth experience

Bonus: Double tap to wake

UK budget around £130. I was thinking about the Wileyfox Swift or Blu Life Mark on Amazon but not sure on either of those.

Looking for some quick phone recommendations. Currently a Moto G 2015 user but the poor touch screen accuracy is driving me insane.

4-5" - 5.0"
720p ideally (for battery)
2GB / 16GB with SD card
No bloat
I am not a heavy user just want a decent smooth experience

Bonus: Double tap to wake

UK budget around £130. I was thinking about the Wileyfox Swift or Blu Life Mark on Amazon but not sure on either of those.

Alcatel Idol 3 4.7"?

Hasney

I think it's a safe bet it's coming out before the new Nexus devices this time, but that does give August and September updates a possibility.

Think the most recent preview version is the smoothest Android preview I've ever used. Haven't had a single bug on the 6p yet so it night be ready for primetime.

Jeffrey

I have had zero issues with music streaming over Bluetooth.
Use it all the time to listen to Spotify on my Pioneer MVH-X380BT car stereo.

never had an issue with bt to the car. its the headsets with the phone in the pocket and on the move, its just occasionally enough that I feel like i hit the scrub button somewhere on the phone by accident.

Looks like ZTE released the kernel source code of the Axon 7.

http://opensource.ztedevice.com/

Category: Smartphones Product: ZTE A2017U

now im curious what their warranty states for tinkering around with their phone. This stuff varies between companies.

Jeffrey

seems like some people got an update yesterday on XDA for axon7 with july security update and stronger vibrations etc.

Guess they will roll that out soonish.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Pocket Casts is acting weird for me.

Wouldn't have noticed it, but due to having shit space on my tablet I reformated. Upon wanting to listen to the new NVC on my tablet I added it back on my tablet post format. Boom I got different art. Checked my phone and still the old shitty art.

Weird.

Jeffrey

Pocket Casts is acting weird for me.

Wouldn't have noticed it, but due to having shit space on my tablet I reformated. Upon wanting to listen to the new NVC on my tablet I added it back on my tablet post format. Boom I got different art. Checked my phone and still the old shitty art.

Weird.

have you tried 'fresh podcast artwork' in appearance?

podcast art has always been finicky. Had them all disappear after switching stuff to SD card.

Hitta93

Banned
Think my S7 might be defective. Just tried to make a call and I can't hear anything through the regular earpiece.

No clue how I can fix this, everything else seems to be working fine.

seems like some people got an update yesterday on XDA for axon7 with july security update and stronger vibrations etc.

Guess they will roll that out soonish.

Seems like the concern about not getting updates is nnotreal at the moment. ZTE must be really serious about improving their image.

On a side note, I find the Dolby filter to enhance the voices on podcasts quite well.

Rafy

Seems like the concern about not getting updates is nnotreal at the moment. ZTE must be really serious about improving their image.

On a side note, I find the Dolby filter to enhance the voices on podcasts quite well.

Would you be able to try an actual ATMOS 7.1 movie in MKV format like Gravity or John Wick (with headphones), and share your opinion?

I have the bluray of said movies and one of the things I am dying to try is to see whether actual ATMOS mastered audio can be accurately reproduced on the Axon 7, using it's virtual surround settings and ATMOS virtualization. If it does work, I'd expand my ATMOS physical library and rip my discs for (personal) use with the Axon.

The only downside is that we are talking about 25-30GBs MKV files, if encoded in h264.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
nexus2cee_drawer_loop_closeup1_thumb.gif

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...cher-that-may-debut-on-the-2016-nexus-phones/

tons more info/gifs at link

Top Bottom