• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AndyPants Gaming: The Pussification of Videogames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phase

Funny those in this thread calling him an incel or whatever else. Have you not seen all of the woke games bombing left and right? It's not just a small percentage, it's the majority that is done with this shit. He's just saying what the overwhelming majority is thinking.

TehDark

Banned
You mean how it went on to do gangbusters business selling millions of copies while even moderate people sat around and ridiculed IGN for demanding diversity in a Chinese made game about a Chinese made myth?

That must be what you mean right?
It's all gangbusters due to the Chinese because it's based on a story they all know and love and they don't care about this Western ideology getting pushed.

Sales overall going up doesn’t take away from the point of the video imo. Not only is population continually growing, more parts of the world are being increasingly affluent, and are able to afford these kinds of luxury items. That’s why sales are going up.

Sethbacca

It's all gangbusters due to the Chinese because it's based on a story they all know and love and they don't care about this Western ideology getting pushed.
Must be Schroedingers media : Both all powerful and able to prevent quality games from being made due to them being able to extort game makers, whilst simultaneously being so weak that they prevent said games from being railroaded into oblivion as the game goes on to sell millions of copies.

while even moderate people sat around and ridiculed IGN for demanding diversity in a Chinese made game about a Chinese made myth
So…you’re admitting that even “moderates” are tired of the woke uprising in entertainment?

I thought some of y’all were saying that it was only “fringe radical alt-right gamers on gaming forums” who were tired of this crap.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

So…you’re admitting that even “moderates” are tired of the woke uprising in entertainment?

I thought some of y’all were saying that it was only “fringe radical alt-right gamers on gaming forums” who were tired of this crap.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. I just happen to agree with you guys on the stupidity of this particular take.

Last edited:

i_mean

Banned
Well considering they control all the media outlets that push the agenda on us I highly doubt if I made a game it would even get any publicity, Because any game I make will not be adhering to their ideologies. We all saw what happened to black myth Wukong when they refused to be extorted.
nah it wouldn't get any attention because it would be trash..what happened to wukong?? it was good so it made money and nothing any one said could stop that

LRKD

If the market can tolerate a level of gayness as you put it and gay people themselves who would have otherwise not been interested in games or gaming due to a lack of representation are now interested because of said level of gayness....wouldn't that be the very definition of expanding your market?...as long as they stick to the some gay but not too gay protocol?
Kind of, but as you may have noted, several times I pepper in that I am specifically talking about western markets. It completely constricts other markets, Saudia Arabia, Iran, and United Arab Emirates have all banned certain games entirely for being gay. China has a history of forcing gayness out of films before being allowed there I imagine it'd be the same for games. This is just legality however, not to mention markets that could legally sell it, but won't because noone will buy it. And one might argue that most of these are small markets, but I imagine the same argument could be made for the 'gay' market. Not to mention in the future these markets could explode in size as more and more of the "third world" countries get more access allowing them to play and buy more games.

This also runs on the assumption that gays will buy games just because they are gay, or even just 'gay enough'. And that they won't buy games that aren't gay. Kinda deeming, Dragon Ball not having blacks or Mexicans being represented doesn't stop large amount of them being fans.

TehDark

Banned
Funny those in this thread calling him an incel or whatever else. Have you not seen all of the woke games bombing left and right? It's not just a small percentage, it's the majority that is done with this shit. He's just saying what the overwhelming majority is thinking.

Whenever someone calls somebody an "incel" you know not to take them seriously.

200w.gif

Madflavor

Gold Member

The issue with the video isn't the overall message, but that the guy is being so fucking cringe about it. To what degree is he saying what the overwhelming majority are thinking? Because I don't think the overwhelming majority are thinking you cannot ever have lighthearted or LGBT games in any capacity on any platform ever. Nor are people thinking "Dude that's so gay" at any game that isn't dark, brooding and masculine. For example at 11:14 of the video he bitches about a game called Tchia because it's a colorful lighthearted adventure game where you play as a little girl who can control animals. He's obviously not the target audience for this game. 15-20 years ago, the time he keeps harkening back to, would he have bitched about games like Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts, or Kirby? Games are supposed to be diverse in their presentation, gameplay and story, because the gaming audience has grown so much.

I think most people are on board with the idea that we're sick of the far left woke ideology being pushed and shoved into so many games, particularly AAA, which alters the presentation of the game's world, story and characters. So it's not like I don't disagree with all of his points. But the guy is being such a try hard about it. His videos feel like they were made in 2005.

Last edited:
The issue with the video isn't the overall message, but that the guy is being so fucking cringe about it. To what degree is he saying what the overwhelming majority are thinking? Because I don't think the overwhelming majority are thinking you cannot ever have lighthearted or LGBT games in any capacity on any platform ever. Nor do I think we're thinking "Dude that's so gay" at any game that isn't dark, brooding and masculine. For example at 11:14 of the video he bitches about a game called Tchia because it's a colorful lighthearted adventure game where you play as a little girl who can control animals. He's obviously not the target audience for this game. 15-20 years ago, the time he keeps harkening back to, would he have bitched about games like Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts, or Kirby? Games are supposed to be diverse in their presentation, gameplay and story, because the gaming audience has grown so much.

I think most people are on board with the idea that we're sick of the far left woke ideology being pushed and shoved into so many games, particularly AAA, which alters the presentation of the game's world, story and characters. So it's not like I don't disagree with all of his points. But the guy is being such a try hard about it. His videos feel like they were made in 2005.
The dude in the video is what I like to refer to as a douche canoe. He may have valid points here and there, but the way he presents them is awful, and he is massively projecting his insecurities. Tchia is adorable and I enjoy games like that, to be honest. Not every game has to be blood, gore, and violence. ABZU was really cool, too.

i_mean

Banned
Kind of, but as you may have noted, several times I pepper in that I am specifically talking about western markets. It completely constricts other markets, Saudia Arabia, Iran, and United Arab Emirates have all banned certain games entirely for being gay. China has a history of forcing gayness out of films before being allowed there I imagine it'd be the same for games. This is just legality however, not to mention markets that could legally sell it, but won't because noone will buy it. And one might argue that most of these are small markets, but I imagine the same argument could be made for the 'gay' market. Not to mention in the future these markets could explode in size as more and more of the "third world" countries get more access allowing them to play and buy more games.

This also runs on the assumption that gays will buy games just because they are gay, or even just 'gay enough'. And that they won't buy games that aren't gay. Kinda deeming, Dragon Ball not having blacks or Mexicans being represented doesn't stop large amount of them being fans.
Those markets will eventually expand and so too will their views as they become 1st world nations and demand better treatment ,access and human rights. Im sure if the Iran and Saudi arabia wanted no white foreigners in their games...you'd be quick to say fuck em i bet it wouldn't be let's take the white guys out.

those assumptions are only being made by you so i see where your mind is at already..., it's a well known fact that people will feel included/excluded and will buy/participate in or not participate in things based on said feelings of inclusion..so if someone who is gay see's someone like them being highlighted and praised they will feel welcome and thus more likely to engage.. obviously that doesn't apply to everyone but it doe apply to many! therefore those many will engage in a product because they feel welcome and you already know all this but just want to hear it for some odd reason...as for your dragonball analogy....Mr.Popo is blac and thre was a variety of different characters/ethnicities in Dragon ball frim jump...indian. american, black, etc...just look at the world fighting tournaments goku was in...check yourself before you wreck yourself.

LRKD

Those markets will eventually expand and so too will their views as they become 1st world nations and demand better treatment ,access and human rights. Im sure if the Iran and Saudi arabia wanted no white foreigners in their games...you'd be quick to say fuck em i bet it wouldn't be let's take the white guys out.
I think it is a bit premature to assume they will so quickly change their culture and values to reflect those of western countries, it is possible, but it's also possible in another 30 years homosexuality could become frowned on again in western countries. I also think it is wrong to force values on other countries, it's incredibly valid for them not to want white representation in their media. If they chose to block out western media, so they could create their own I think that would be great. I wish all cultures/countries had that option if they wanted it. Obviously if the wanted us to still make that media while bending to their demands I don't agree with that, but you know what investors may be more than happy to bend the knee to such demands. After all Hollywood literally already does that for Chinese markets.
those assumptions are only being made by you so i see where your mind is at already..., it's a well known fact that people will feel included/excluded and will buy/participate in or not participate in things based on said feelings of inclusion..so if someone who is gay see's someone like them being highlighted and praised they will feel welcome and thus more likely to engage.. obviously that doesn't apply to everyone but it doe apply to many! therefore those many will engage in a product because they feel welcome and you already know all this but just want to hear it for some odd reason...as for your dragonball analogy....Mr.Popo is blac and thre was a variety of different characters/ethnicities in Dragon ball frim jump...indian. american, black, etc...just look at the world fighting tournaments goku was in...check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Your typing has fallen apart here, and I am not going to even read this. I'd recommend you use spell check in the future and read your sentences out loud.

i_mean

Banned
I think it is a bit premature to assume they will so quickly change their culture and values to reflect those of western countries, it is possible, but it's also possible in another 30 years homosexuality could become frowned on again in western countries. I also think it is wrong to force values on other countries, it's incredibly valid for them not to want white representation in their media. If they chose to block out western media, so they could create their own I think that would be great. I wish all cultures/countries had that option if they wanted it. Obviously if the wanted us to still make that media while bending to their demands I don't agree with that, but you know what investors may be more than happy to bend the knee to such demands. After all Hollywood literally already does that for Chinese markets.

Your typing has fallen apart here, and I am not going to even read this. I'd recommend you use spell check in the future and read your sentences out loud.
You keep putting assumptions in...you need to relax with that...I simply posited that it could happen in the future...could be near or far future...who knows...however if their views and values takes shape is an unknown...I didn't say or allude to them taking on western values. They could still deem homosexuality wrong or it flips as more people speak out/come out in emerging nations and not want to be stoned to death because of who they choose to be with. Again who knows...that wasn't the point. Your points seem to be shifting a bit however..you're all for nations having those options...the options to exclude that is.. yet you seem to be against a nation that wants the option to include. Based on your stance, you should be all for it...if it sells cool, if it doesn't cool...it ain't your money anyways...so what's it to you?

Last edited:

lmimmfn

Moving forward I personally won't buy anything DEI infested.

On PC with backwards compatibility there are so many untouched gems.

I also don't watch any movies/TV shows post 2017 unless known to not be woke.

Fuck DEI!!!! Don't spend money watching or gaming infested with this crap.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dude in OP's video should have tried wording it in a different way. It's hard to send a message when outing yourself as an homophobic douche. Plus the game's he compared were cherrypicked to hell and back.

Still, it's true that tons of games seem hellbent on trying to push a certain agenda. I just try to ignore those and vote with my wallet, or as Lisa would have said...

Last edited:

Doom85

So you’re pro-censorship due to other countries blatantly supporting homophobia?

Geezus fucking Christ, dude. Actually listen to yourself. Imagine if the situation was reversed and someone was saying this about straight people. Would you actually support such a clear form of discrimination?

Your opening post is blatantly supporting homophobia.

So much of western media is gay, it's been pushed in tv and film for over 30 years, that most westerner audiences can "deal" with a little bit of gay. After all if you were too picky you couldn't enjoy any western media, because it is so prevalently pushed by Hollywood. But do keep in mind it is a tolerance, not an acceptance by the wider market.
You tolerate a scab; you don't enjoy it. You enjoy a good burger; you don't tolerate it.

Wow, I’m sure the LGBT community will be thrilled to know they’re “tolerated” and not accepted. And being compared to a scab, Geezus.

Seriously, switch out your use of “gay” with “black” or “women” or “white“ or “man” or “Asian”, so on and so forth, and think about how what you’re saying looks. Seriously, bruh, STOP. I won’t report you, but anyone could as what you are saying is blatant homophobia. Stop it, and be better.

Is it as weird for you to spend your life constantly thinking about other people’s genitals as it is for me to sit here reading you constantly mentioning about their genitals? Asking for a friend.
Wow. Your attempt to completely twist my genuine concern for the well-being of kids into some bizarre obsession with their genitals is not only absurd, but also deeply disturbing. The fact that you're more focused on making this conversation about some imagined perversion rather than the very real, irreversible harm being done to vulnerable kids shows where your priorities lie. Preserving childhood innocence and protecting kids from being manipulated into life-altering decisions is not just important ... it's our moral responsibility as human beings. The real problem here isn't that I'm talking about it ... it's that you aren't.

Hugare

I agree to some extent, tho I wouldnt put it in such a dramatic, cringy way

From the first 5 seconds to the one I could hold myself to watch, I felt so much cringe

Man, just vote with your wallet and stop being such a drama queen. You're a grown up man.

I agree to some extent, tho I wouldnt put it in such a dramatic, cringy way

From the first 5 seconds to the one I could hold myself to watch, I felt so much cringe

Man, just vote with your wallet and stop being such a drama queen. You're a grown up man.
In the YouTuber's defense, his obnoxiousness is how he makes a living.

Hugare

In the YouTuber's defense, his obnoxiousness is how he makes a living.
Which is even more depressing

This is "entertainment" for such a sad demographic.

Just like I despise beings like Jim Sterling that made a living out of misery and pointing fingers all the time, while doing nothing productive and meaningful for society.

Their "product" aims to enrage the viewer. Not to make you think or be critical, but only to make you as enraged as he is at something. So tiresome.

Not to mention that all his points are redundant and have been replicated at nauseum on the internet already.

Last edited:
Which is even more depressing

This is "entertainment" for such a sad demographic.

Just like I despise beings like Jim Sterling that made a living out of misery and pointing fingers all the time, while doing nothing productive and meaningful for society.

Their "product" aims to enrage the viewer. Not to make you think or be critical, but only to make you as enraged as he is at something. So tiresome.

Not to mention that all his points are redundant and have been replicated at nauseum on the internet already.
Yeah. What passes for entertainment these days is ridiculous.

Toons

So you’re pro-censorship due to other countries blatantly supporting homophobia?

Geezus fucking Christ, dude. Actually listen to yourself. Imagine if the situation was reversed and someone was saying this about straight people. Would you actually support such a clear form of discrimination?

Your opening post is blatantly supporting homophobia.

Wow, I’m sure the LGBT community will be thrilled to know they’re “tolerated” and not accepted. And being compared to a scab, Geezus.

Seriously, switch out your use of “gay” with “black” or “women” or “white“ or “man” or “Asian”, so on and so forth, and think about how what you’re saying looks. Seriously, bruh, STOP. I won’t report you, but anyone could as what you are saying is blatant homophobia. Stop it, and be better.

Yeah honestly that deserves a moderation. Completely uncouth.

Posts like that shouldn't be allowed to stand here. Patently offensive regardless of your lean. Comparing actual human beings to scabs is detestable.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Wow. Your attempt to completely twist my genuine concern for the well-being of kids into some bizarre obsession with their genitals is not only absurd, but also deeply disturbing. The fact that you're more focused on making this conversation about some imagined perversion rather than the very real, irreversible harm being done to vulnerable kids shows where your priorities lie. Preserving childhood innocence and protecting kids from being manipulated into life-altering decisions is not just important ... it's our moral responsibility as human beings. The real problem here isn't that I'm talking about it ... it's that you aren't.

That's not what he said tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom