• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

I wouldn't want to use the GHWT drums on RB2. There are some songs that chart highhat to red and snare to yellow, though most songs are high hat on yellow and snare on red.

it would be weird to me to play highhat on the tom drum on the GHWT set, then play the SNARE on the left cymbal on the GHWT set.

In other words, the game isn't designed for 3 toms and 2 cymbals so it's not going to workout too well.

DuckRacer

BigBlackGamer said:
yea we need silver star for hard players at least. :)
Eh, I kinda agree with the Rock Band guy to be honest. If you're good enough to attempt and achieve silver stars on hard, you really should just move up to expert.

StrikerObi said:
Also, half-confirmation of NOFX at the end of the article. YES!
It really wasn't. And given their long-standing and vocal stance on MTV, I'd be amazed if it happened. Is that GH4 list with Soul Doubt on it thought to be credible now? Because that seemed highly unlikely, althought not as unlikely as them licensing stuff to MTV.

Duck said:
Eh, I kinda agree with the Rock Band guy to be honest. If you're good enough to attempt and achieve silver stars on hard, you really should just move up to expert.

at the end of the day rock band is a game and I see no problem awarding players at different difficulty levels. not that I really care. I hop back and forth from hard/expert but when playing with friends I like to stick with hard. Online I'll go expert because most of my friends play on expert. It would be nice for me and my real life friends to get a "silver" star because we broke the score barrier on hard. Not to mention I know people who can kill any song on hard but have problems on expert and don't wanna be bothered with the added difficulty.

Javaman

BigDug13 said:
I wouldn't want to use the GHWT drums on RB2. There are some songs that chart highhat to red and snare to yellow, though most songs are high hat on yellow and snare on red.

it would be weird to me to play highhat on the tom drum on the GHWT set, then play the SNARE on the left cymbal on the GHWT set.

In other words, the game isn't designed for 3 toms and 2 cymbals so it's not going to workout too well.

Fortunately there aren't too many of them. The ones I can think of are Orange Crush, Outside, RTTH, and one or two more.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
TheGreatDave said:
Harmonix should cater for the GHWT drums like Neversoft with Rock Band, cos my Rock Band ones ain't getting used come October.

No need to. Red, Yellow (cymbal pad), blue, and Green all around exactly where they need to be. Make the orange into an extra green and it will be complete.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
That would force everybody to redownload all their tracks over to be compatible with each other. I hardly see anybody with the free tracks so I don't think that would work that well :lol

Mo the Hawk said:

So awesome.

Battle of the Bands sounds good in theory, my concern is just that, as somebody that's only good at guitar and only plays on expert, how often the daily challenge is going to be of value to me.

Steely Dan's "Bodhisattva" is one hell of a tough song for guitar on expert. So much so that Harmonix turned off the crowd meter so you can't fail the song. Whoever scores the most points, playing guitar on expert, gets the glory.

Fuck that, man.

Uncle AJ

All PS3 instruments are compatible across all games

PS Blog said:
Hi everybody, Michael Shorrock, here. I’m the Director of Publisher Relations here at SCEA. I work closely with all of the publishers and developers who create games for all PlayStation platforms. While SCEA had a ton of great announcements at E3, I’m excited to say, we have one more for today, one that I know a lot of you have been asking about:

For the past several months, we have been working closely with Neversoft and Activision, Harmonix and Konami to ensure that PlayStation 3 guitars and drum sets will all feature a basic level of gameplay compatibility.

For the most part, this means that the titles with musical peripherals will work with the other’s software. A few specific examples include: Guitar Hero: World Tour’s guitars and drums will work with Rock Band 2 and Konami’s Rock Revolution software.

And yes, you guessed it, Rock Band 2’s guitar and drum set will work with Guitar Hero: World Tour and with Rock Revolution.

Conversely, Rock Revolution’s drum set will work with both Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band 2.

In addition, Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band 2 will both support the SingStar microphones.

We’re still working hard to ensure compatibility between the Guitar Hero and Rock Band titles currently on the market, and we hope to have an announcement on that shortly.

Of course each of these great games have their own specific cool features that may not be compatible with the other controllers, but this is our first big step in bringing a level of compatibility to music games that is sure to benefit PlayStation 3 consumers.

Keep an eye out here for more information in the future.

M3wthr33, you can put down the gun!

IGN: Not to harp on it, but why the Bosstones? Was there ever a consideration for a 2 Tone ska song like The Specials' "Gangsters" or English Beat's "Mirror in the Bathroom"?

Brosious: Oh. Yeah, and we'll get to them.

YES PLEASE.

The BotB stuff sounds like fun. I'm glad they're including a lot of variety across difficulty levels and time commitment for the battles. :)

Cornballer said:
The BotB stuff sounds like fun. I'm glad they're including a lot of variety across difficulty levels and time commitment for the battles. :)

TOTALLY. People like you and me can actually have fun in a band together and not feel like scrubs!

Belgand

M3wThr33 said:
I'm putting it down, but keeping it loaded.

Sounds annoying. You should really switch to some sort of laser or plasma-based weapon. Of course, then you have to worry about the power pack running low, but with modern fusion-based cells that's getting to be less and less of a problem. Frankly I can't believe how I ever got along without a phased plasma rifle in the 40W range.

alright well I just cancelled my ION drum kit order from there website. Amazon Junkies they have the ION drumkit listed on the site.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E2OW1Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

No Tax + Free Shipping. Prime Members we only play 3.99 for overnight shipping. compare that to the 299$ + 45$ shipping if you order from ION direct.

Even though amazon is notorious for not shipping videogame related items on time I will take my chances.

More News

Rock Band 1 Export Feature Details Announced.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/08/20/how-rock-band-2-connects-to-rb1/

“Rock Band 2” developers at Harmonix have been promising that all the songs on the first game’s disc will be playable for owners of this fall’s sequel. Until yesterday, the only theory I had heard about how this would work was ******* honcho Chris Grant’s (hopefully joking) suggestion that owners of the first game send their game discs to Harmonix and get a new combo disc. How else, he wondered, would Harmonix and publisher MTV Games get around the licensing issues involved in moving songs from one game to the next?

Well, it’s going to cost any gamer who wants to transport their “RB” 1 songs to “RB2″ a little money and it will require two discs — just once. Harmonix PR man John Drake broke it down for me on Tuesday:
Drake said that on the day “Rock Band 2″ is released — September 14 for the Xbox 360 version — a patch will be issued for the original game. That title update will add an Export feature to the original “Rock Band” game’s menu. Gamers who select that feature will be prompted to input a password, which will be included with copies of “Rock Band 2.” Then you have to pay.

Harmonix/MTV can’t simply move the songs from one game to the next without having to pay the
rightsholders of those songs something. So when the export begins, the player will have to pay a fee. Drake said the fee will not exceed $5. I asked if MTV Games is losing money to make this feature available, but Drake said he didn’t know. (I neglected to ask if all “RB” disc songs will be transferable, since previous comments from people at Harmonix have indicated that a small number may not. I’ll try to get that answered in a follow-up.)

Once the gamer has paid their fee and the transfer is complete, the “RB” songs will be on the player’s hard-drive and accessible when a gamer plays “Rock Band 2.” Note that Drake was only talking about the 360 version of “Rock Band 2″ yesterday. I’m speculating without any insider info, but it seems that this same system could work on the PS3, but not necessarily on the hard-drive-free Wii.

Another reporter attending the demo asked if “RB2″ owners who rented a copy of the game would be able to perform this transfer. As long as they pay the fee, Drake noted, they probably could.
Drake sounded confident and proud of the song-transfer idea, but he also noted that it’s something that hasn’t been attempted by makers of previous music games. It’s an experiment that seems like it should work. XBox 360 owners will see for themselves on September 14.

Also confirmation of a official release? Sep. 14th is looking like the confirmed date. (Amazon, Gamestop etc. have it correct)

Struct09

It's cool that we're hearing about how the process will work, but...

Stephen Totilo said:
I neglected to ask if all “RB” disc songs will be transferable, since previous comments from people at Harmonix have indicated that a small number may not. I’ll try to get that answered in a follow-up.

That's what I want to know most :( I'm hoping it's just the Aerosmith song.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
BigBlackGamer said:
alright well I just cancelled my ION drum kit order from there website. Amazon Junkies they have the ION drumkit listed on the site.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E2OW1Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

No Tax + Free Shipping. Prime Members we only play 3.99 for overnight shipping. compare that to the 299$ + 45$ shipping if you order from ION direct.

Even though amazon is notorious for not shipping videogame related items on time I will take my chances.

Ordered and finally made use of the free Amazon Prime trial to get the 3.99 overnight shipping. Thanks for the heads up sir!

Now to call and cancel my order from the drumrocker website.

Edit: The customer service department is down the street from my current location. :lol

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I like how they are doing this. Now all I need is them saying that the 20 free songs are on Sept 14th too.

there saying the whole install will be around 6GB for the RB1 songs in that preview. Also in the preview it seems like HMX told them it will be 5$ (400 points) for the transfer. Less then 5$ seems like it is 5$.

Official release date and pricing revealed

Rock Band 2 is set for release on September 14th on the Xbox 360 for $59.99. Standalone drums costs $89.99, standalone guitar costs $69.99, and the Special Edition Bundle is set for release on October 19th for $189.99.

Mr Jared

Seeing the Kotaku comments, I can not believe there are people crying over the $5 bucks it costs to transfer your RB1 content to RB2. This is something that rhythm gamers have wanted since the original Beatmania's hit the PSOne: a way to keep all your songs across games together. If I could do this with Pop'n Music, I'd probably never play anything else.

What babies.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
TheGreatDave said:
Hope they aren't in the 20.

I don't have 6gb...

yeah damn 20. rb is going to force me to clean out the fridge and i don't feel as if i have that much on there to begin with, but 20 is so limiting.

XShagrath

AstroLad said:
yeah damn 20. rb is going to force me to clean out the fridge and i don't feel as if i have that much on there to begin with, but 20 is so limiting.
Especially when the 20 is more like 13! Makes me glad I got the 120GB for XMas last year.

6GB seems a little high to save all the songs. Even if each song was 50 megs, that would only total up to about 3GB. 6GB seems more like the size of the whole RB1 disc.

Also, 59 venues is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom