• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

jts

...hate me...
1 million in your first week? Guess you found out about the island and how to make money quickly? :p

I'm 3 weeks in and no 1M yet (although I have mad assets in perfect peaches and turnips). Finally gonna be millionaire if I sell this week's turnips even at a moderate price.

Although I'm thinking, if you have good friends playing and if they're deep into the game by the time you start, they can drop you mad bank for free and fast track your progress. But that's no fun.

braves01

Banned
I'm 3 weeks in and no 1M yet (although I have mad assets in perfect peaches and turnips). Finally gonna be millionaire if I sell this week's turnips even at a moderate price.

Although I'm thinking, if you have good friends playing and if they're deep into the game by the time you start, they can drop you mad bank for free and fast track your progress. But that's no fun.

Beetle grinding was old the second day I had to do it. Trust me, once you get that turnip revenue stream going you are on easy street.

Linius

And still it's a long process to get to the 100 million, even with turnips. And I did a lot of beetle grinding in the first few weeks. Just keep on saving up. Had to pay Nook during that time too and was building PWPs at the same time. So most of the beetle money went straight in to that.

braves01

Banned
And still it's a long process to get to the 100 million, even with turnips. And I did a lot of beetle grinding in the first few weeks. Just keep on saving up. Had to pay Nook during that time too and was building PWPs at the same time. So most of the beetle money went straight in to that.

This, too. Buying and selling turnips takes way longer than you think once you're dealing in large quantities. Early on, storage space is a huge issue too.

1 million in your first week? Guess you found out about the island and how to make money quickly? :p

I did indeed. Friend of a friend urged me to get on that island at night and farm my ass off. Got about a mil in 2-3 days. Decided to see if I can get in on the turnip game lol.

Should update this profile with my 3ds FC too while I'm at it. For now though, I'm fairly AC'd out. Walking slowly to not scare off potential beetles is draining, after a couple hours.

Novocaine

Getting 612 bells for turnips in my town right now. I will only be up for another hour so if you want in hit me up.

1048-8883-5218

stolin

Getting 612 bells for turnips in my town right now. I will only be up for another hour so if you want in hit me up.

1048-8883-5218

I'll jump in on this for a quick sale. Added your FC.
My 3DS Friend Code: 0559-6762-1667

Edit: Tips + Metroid delivered ! Turnip-GAF is best GAF!

Novocaine

Afraid I can't stay up for any longer after these 2 guys, but I'll leave my gate open for anybody already on my list that wants to come in.

Phatcorns

Does anyone know what will happen if I visit a village that has a current date of today Tue Sep 3 while my game is still on Sat Aug 31 and bring turnips?

Will my turnips spoil because I have technically passed Sunday because the date in future town?

jts

...hate me...
Sorry bro. I had to leave for work.
No prob, I would have asked much earlier but when I looked at your post timestamp I thought you were long gone anyway haha :p

I have these ways of missing out on the great prices, it's my staple every week :D

Come through, GAF. Gimme me dat 500+ price.

Parallacs

Does anyone know what will happen if I visit a village that has a current date of today Tue Sep 3 while my game is still on Sat Aug 31 and bring turnips?

Will my turnips spoil because I have technically passed Sunday because the date in future town?

This shouldn't be an issue, only your 3DS's date determines whether the turnips can spoil.

I've actually been wondering if I take my game cartridge out of my XL and put it in my old 3DS. The dates aren't exactly alike so I wonder if the turnips would spoil instantly.

Any good prices this evening? Going to get home and check my game, will open up if I have a good one.

172 bells in my town. I'm gonna be busy this week and am considering selling :(

jts

...hate me...
Turnips are currently 629 bells in the town of Rockwell. FC is 4227-1217-9117

Let me know if you wanna sell. =)
It will be a couple of minutes to setup my stuff, but I want. I want soooo much.

3668-8319-1101 pls

jourdy

Hi, I just bought this game yesterday.
It's my first AC game ever, so I have no idea what to do.

I played 11pm, everything was closed.
I turned it off and tried playing 8am.. everything is closed/sleeping.

Can anyone give me a rundown on what I'm supposed to do?
Also, where can i find my friend code?

Thanks.

Linius

Hi, I just bought this game yesterday.
It's my first AC game ever, so I have no idea what to do.

I played 11pm, everything was closed.
I turned it off and tried playing 8am.. everything is closed/sleeping.

Can anyone give me a rundown on what I'm supposed to do?
Also, where can i find my friend code?

Thanks.

First things first, you walked into the wrong thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641491

Throw in your questions again in the right OT. This one is for turnip trading.

Mikhal

I'm interested! FC is 1607-1491-4749

I do have a villager planning to move in a few days though (Joey) so I don't know if that'll complicate things or not.

Rocwell

I'm interested! FC is 1607-1491-4749

I do have a villager planning to move in a few days though (Joey) so I don't know if that'll complicate things or not.
I'm not worried about it. I plan on hanging onto my villagers for awhile anyway.

and repost for new page:

Top Bottom