• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

Sagitario

So, I am an Animal Crossing newbie and I've been playing it for a couple of weeks. I bought 990 turnips for the first time yesterday, price was 91 bells (that's all I could afford). How can I make a profit? Making money in this game is really slow and there is so much to do (public works, house expansions, etc.).

braves01

Banned
So, I am an Animal Crossing newbie and I've been playing it for a couple of weeks. I bought 990 turnips for the first time yesterday, price was 91 bells (that's all I could afford). How can I make a profit? Making money in this game is really slow and there is so much to do (public works, house expansions, etc.).

Go to the island and catch beetles after 8 pm. Do this a few times and you should be able to make about 500k to 1 million bells. Invest all of that into turnips on Sunday and pay close attention to the thread here throughout the week for a good price to sell at. Repeat this the next few weeks with more money until you're a bellionaire.

Imo, turnips are the only viable way to make lots of money in this game while minimizing tedium.

Figured I could try here too. I have Tutu all ready to go in boxes.

95px-Tutu.png

(She's Peppy by the way)

She happened to be an unfortunate Streetpass move in and made my town go back up to 10...to my annoyance.
Yesterday was her birthday and I didn't even visit her, yet during the week she never mentioned she wanted to move out so idunnolol.

I have streetpassed around 7-8 people today though, but she's still in my town so I don't believe she's gone yet. If you want, you can come over and convince her to move into your town.

Rather than post my FC here, I figured it'd be better to just send me a PM and then I don't have to stalk the thread waiting for someone to ask to come get her lol

So morning was 97, afternoon price is 122...

Calculator says I have a random pattern... Hopefully I can get above 200 on my own, or hopefully someone else has an even higher price this week.

jmoe316

Conrad - Will you be adding more after the group finishes?

My FC is in my profile. I would love to come and will leave a tip.

Thanks!

Turnips are at 450 even. I'll be on tonight around 7 PM EST or later if anyone is interested. Please post here with your FC or PM me if interested.

nin1000

Banned
Turnips are at 450 even. I'll be on tonight around 7 PM EST or later if anyone is interested. Please post here with your FC or PM me if interested.
bought Turnips for 1.5 Million Bells , will give away 1/5 of the earnings

Would love to come by later on :)
FC : 0318 - 7275 - 4996

Linius

No problem. I need to keep my eye on this thread. Buying turnips this week was a huge mistake with GTA V around the corner.

Friends in Turnip-GAF, a friend of mine outside of the forum has 595 bells per turnip tonight. Since I have a GAF account I will probably act as the middleman for this, but we will start taking FCs and opening the town about 5-6 hours from the time of this post. That's a conservative estimate though, I might be home from work and stuff sooner than that.

Friends in Turnip-GAF, a friend of mine outside of the forum has 595 bells per turnip tonight. Since I have a GAF account I will probably act as the middleman for this, but we will start taking FCs and opening the town about 5-6 hours from the time of this post. That's a conservative estimate though, I might be home from work and stuff sooner than that.
Count me in! My friend code is 2105-8689-5478.

tetsuoFI

Me! FC is 3737-9649-6583.

Oh crap, that's 6am for me. Bummer :p

Is that a problem? We'll be up for a couple hours, and maybe I could convince her to leave her town open for you with your FC already entered.

Otherwise you could set an alarm clock. It is for the sake of turnips, after all. =D

nin1000

Banned
Oh crap, that's 6am for me. Bummer :p

Same goes for me :( but i think i will set the clock as i want to sell them :p

Count me in !
FC : 0318 - 7275 - 4996

Nopren

Uhh, me me. FC is 0130-2967-0604.

I'd like to join. 4270-1022-0210

I'm down with that!

1590-4796-0038
Sam from Atheneum.

popyea

I'd like to sell too.

3411-1249-3300

Still doing it? If so, my FC is 3780-9028-2018

Sorry I'm late friends, I'll collect FCs and distribute them into waves.

Wave 1:

Joe Prodigy
TetsuoFl
nin1000

Wave 2:

Saften
ChoklitReign
RPG Wizard

Wave 3:

Popyea
Smedwicks
ExigentContact

Wave 4:

Linius
Me, probably lol

Wave 2 in progress...

Please add 2036-7223-7516 and start seeing if you can get in.

I'd like to come in if possible. 0516-7269-7320.

Sorry I'm late friends, I'll collect FCs and distribute them into waves.

Wave 1:

Joe Prodigy
TetsuoFl
nin1000

Wave 2:

Saften
ChoklitReign
RPG Wizard

Wave 3:

Popyea
Smedwicks
ExigentContact

Wave 1 in progress now.

Please add 2036-7223-7516 and start seeing if you can get in.

Sorry if I'm a bit late DX Any chance you can update when it's good for me to come in?

Linius

Is that a problem? We'll be up for a couple hours, and maybe I could convince her to leave her town open for you with your FC already entered.

Otherwise you could set an alarm clock. It is for the sake of turnips, after all. =D

I'll add the FC you provided a few posts down. Mine is in my profile. How many hours will your friend be open? I have no idea what time it is for you :p

Wave 1 is finished. If you didn't get in please post here and we'll take care of you after. Wave 2 can unleash their turnip attack.

I'll add the FC you provided a few posts down. Mine is in my profile. How many hours will your friend be open? I have no idea what time it is for you :p

We will stay long enough to make sure you're taken care of. (I think)

Sorry if I'm a bit late DX Any chance you can update when it's good for me to come in?

I will do that for sure.

Wave 1 is finished. If you didn't get in please post here and we'll take care of you after. Wave 2 can unleash their turnip attack.

We will stay long enough to make sure you're taken care of. (I think)

I will do that for sure.

Great, I may not be able to come if it gets too late (probably within a half hour, I'd say), so if I'm not around/offline the 3DS and Wave 3 starts, by that point I figure you can skip over me.

Linius

Added that FC and put myself in front of the monkey. My locker is completely filled. That's a 1 million bells tip for sure.

Great, I may not be able to come if it gets too late (probably within a half hour, I'd say), so if I'm not around/offline the 3DS and Wave 3 starts, by that point I figure you can skip over me.

I don't want you to be without turnip money, so try to get in after about 5-10 minutes. If a spot is open, then go and sell your turnips. Your code's been added.

Top Bottom