• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

I'll still be around for the next four hours at least. If there's still people who want to sell then I'll time travel back to accommodate them, but at that point I'd stop accepting new FCs.

I'll add more people once the town's empty or when there's another error.

You should probably wait on adding people until everyone that's already added has already sold their stalk at your town. >.>

Mik2121

I'll still be around for the next four hours at least. If there's still people who want to sell then I'll time travel back to accommodate them, but at that point I'd stop accepting new FCs.

Gotcha. I assume you'll (hopefully?) add me at that time? I'll wait here for a bit then do this whole thing, then go to the gym (been waiting here for a bit lol)

DrkIDEC.jpg

No it hasn't! Stop trolling me and let me in to the town so I can sell my turnips, you horrid little monkey! D:<

Do you not think thats a little counter productive? Why not wait until your current stalkers have left, and then add three more people.

Ah but a lot of people have your fc already so this method isn't possible anymore. Oh well.

Cbajd5

You should probably wait on adding people until everyone that's already added has already sold their stalk at your town. >.>

Well that's how'd it work as long as there isn't a lull between people and the connection doesn't error out.

Do you not think thats a little counter productive? Why not wait until your current stalkers have left, and then add three more people.

Well I added a bunch of people yesterday, so it'd be difficult to do a strict FC rotation like that.

HEY LOOK AN ERROR

Mik2121

Well that's how'd it work as long as there isn't a lull between people and the connection doesn't error out.

Well I added a bunch of people yesterday, so it'd be difficult to do a strict FC rotation like that.

Is it going smooth now? I hope people are just joining, selling their stuff, leaving a tip and then leaving town, otherwise this could take forever lol :p

Yeah, I've been waiting for almost 2 hours to sell my stuff. I don't want to get behind people who have waited shorter than that.

Cbajd5

OH SHIT

Connection error. T_____T

Don't add more people now please, or this will be hell on earth.

Well I added all of two people, so it won't be that bad.

Re-opened. Probably already full by the time I hit Submit Reply though...

Yeah, I've been waiting for almost 2 hours to sell my stuff. I don't want to get behind people who have waited shorter than that.

I'm sorry. If it's any consolation I had to wait around six hours at least last week and I didn't even get to sell all of mine then.

Mik2121

Yeah, I have CBajd's town right in front of me ready to join, but I'll wait it out for a bit so other people can get through before.

Tenck

Any chance I can get a chance to go to your town? I'm going to be busy till the weekend, so I have to get really lucky myself or rely on someone today or I'm fucked.

Mik2121

This goes to show how clunky Nintendo's online system still is. Going to someone's town, selling some turnips and then going back to the train station shouldn't take more than 5 minutes even if you have to do a few trips, and yet here we are waiting a couple hours (some, I've been waiting only 30 mins thankfully).

I hope it works out fine.

Also, do people have to wait for someone else to finish doing the trade to start trading himself? I haven't done such thing yet so I'm not sure, but perhaps...

Mik2121

Only one person can sell stuff at a time, so you have to take turns.

Ah gotcha. Still shouldn't take more than 1 minute per trade...? Doing a few trips to the station to sell the rest shouldn't take so long either, so maybe 10 minutes for one person to finish?

Cbajd5

Fuck, full.

I shouldn't have give that tip so soon. >.>

I'll give it back if you don't get a chance to sell the rest of your Turnips.

Any chance I can get a chance to go to your town? I'm going to be busy till the weekend, so I have to get really lucky myself or rely on someone today or I'm fucked.

PM me your FC and I'll add you the next chance I can.

This goes to show how clunky Nintendo's online system still is. Going to someone's town, selling some turnips and then going back to the train station shouldn't take more than 5 minutes even if you have to do a few trips, and yet here we are waiting a couple hours (some, I've been waiting only 30 mins thankfully).

I hope it works out fine.

Also, do people have to wait for someone else to finish doing the trade to start trading himself? I haven't done such thing yet so I'm not sure, but perhaps...

Well some people have a lot of Turnips, and selling around a million Bells worth took me about half an hour before I even opened my gates. (On average that's around 100 sets of 100 (10 stacked groups of 10), which at 16 spaces per inventory trip would take 7 trips.)

I don't get the second question, but only one person can sell at a time. Only one person can access the train station lockers at a time too. I've got the museum shop though, and that has two more lockers to use too though. I don't know if more than one person can get into their storage at a time that way though.

Mik2121

Yeah, there was an error again.

I'm just going to re-open it this time, I'll add more people after an error/empty town after 8:30 AM Eastern.

Will you still be around in about an hour and a half?

I might go to the gym now and come back later when things are more calmed down :p

Wait, you can access your own storage from another person's town? lol, I left to get my second (and final) batch. Now I can't get back in. Where do I leave my tip?

UberTag

Rabbit Clock's wave idea sounds like the best way to do this.
It was a really sensible, slick and fair approach.
We need to trademark it as "the Rabbit Clock method" and have everyone adopt it.
Went smooth as silk.

And next week I'm definitely filling up an entire locker full of turnips instead of just half a locker.

The real challenge will come after that. Will one locker be enough? Or will I get my alternate characters in on the action?

A month from now I'll be rolling out 4 lockers full of turnips and will probably keep up that pace until I crack 100 million bells in the bank.

Cbajd5

Rabbit Clock's wave idea sounds like the best way to do this.

It really is, or at least the most fair. It might be slower if you've got three people in a wave, but two only selling a small amount of Turnips while one is selling millions of bells worth though.

Outside of something unexpected happening, there's no reason I won't be able to accommodate everyone who wants to sell at my town though, even if I have to time travel back to do so.

UberTag

What are you guys talking about?
Rabbit Clock slotted people into waves of 3 each.
Didn't add others to his friends list until after each wave was done.
And posted PMs in this thread to let each wave know when their turn was up.
He also adjusted wave brackets on the fly based on who was tracking as still online to improve efficiency.

Essentially meant people weren't trying to connect for 2+ hours and were free to do other things. Also ensured less crashes from simultaneous connection attempts.

Mik2121

Rabbit Clock slotted people into waves of 3 each.
Didn't add others to his friends list until after each wave was done.
And posted PMs in this thread to let each wave know when their turn was up.
He also adjusted wave brackets on the fly based on who was tracking as still online to improve efficiency.

Essentially meant people weren't trying to connect for 2+ hours and were free to do other things. Also ensured less crashes from simultaneous connection attempts.

Gotcha, makes sense.

Also, Cbajd, I already did all the stuff but didn't leave money on the ground afraid someone might take it or something. If you are available any other day and not busy, I'll gladly go and leave you a tip. I only had a few turnips as this was my first time doing it and didn't wanna risk it, so I only made 2mil bells out of the deal, but I'll still leave some bells in your place!

Cbajd5

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=66325036&postcount=545

We have been doing the same on GameFAQs.

This way you don't have people hammering your gates and bringing down the connection.

I don't think hammering the gates brings down the connection, just any major instability from anyone.

aaawwww yes

Knew I made the right decision waiting on you! haha

So, how are we doing this then?

A MAD DASH OF TRYING TO CONNECT UNTIL AROUND NOON EASTERN

Then I'll stop adding people and time travel back to let any stragglers finish. (Although there might be other towns with similar or better prices by then.)

I guess I'll add people an hour after the last addition for errors or when the town is empty.

UberTag

Rabbit Clock even handled tips in a very slick fashion.
He parked his character right at the train station so people could easily drop bags of bells and he could promptly collect them.
Figure he made a couple runs to the post office for deposits in between waves.

Cbajd5

Rabbit Clock even handled tips in a very slick fashion.
He parked his character right at the train station so people could easily drop bags of bells and he could promptly collect them.
Figure he made a couple runs to the post office for deposits in between waves.

Yeah, tips would be a lot smoother if my inventory was empty. And if I wasn't trying to do other things for some insane reason.

Also, people selling shouldn't deposit money while in other towns, just throw it in you locker in place of the turnips you'll be selling next. Or keep it in your pockets and go back to your own town to deposit if you've finished selling. That way there's less overall walking/running you'd need to do and you'll be able to save sooner.

Yeah, tips would be a lot smoother if my inventory was empty. And if I wasn't trying to do other things for some insane reason.

Also, people selling shouldn't deposit money while in other towns, just throw it in you locker in place of the turnips you'll be selling next. Or keep it in your pockets and go back to your own town to deposit if you've finished selling. That way there's less overall walking/running you'd need to do and you'll be able to save sooner.

I like to deposit so I can tip you correctly thats all.

Top Bottom