• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want Joe Manganiello as Frank and anyone who disagree's is a poop head.

All I've seen of him is Alcide, so... a big meh from me. I'd rather see Karl Urban.

215639-tumblr.jpg

Which is preplexing to me, how long did GOTG had between filming wrapping up and the first trailer?

From Wikipedia:

Filming began around July 6, 2013 in London, England

On October 12, 2013, Gunn announced on social media that filming had completed.

The first trailer for the film debuted on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on February 18, 2014

And as we know, the film opened August 1.

So 13 months from start of filming to release.

For Ant-Man:

Principal photography began on August 18, 2014 in San Francisco

Release date is set for July 17, 2015

That's 11 months, so 2 months less than Guardians of the Galaxy.

However, given the setting and cosmic nature of GOTG, I imagine Ant-Man should need substantially less post-production since it will presumably have more sets and real filming locations, being set on Earth and everything. Most of the work will probably involve Ant-Man's size shifting.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
11 months is a tad bit tight, but it's no cause at all for concern. For reference, X-Men First Class didn't find its director, let alone start casting until 11 months before release.

inky

11 months is a tad bit tight, but it's no cause at all for concern. For reference, X-Men First Class didn't find its director, let alone start casting until 11 months before release.

And a lot of the effects look terrible as a consequence.

BLACKLAC

And a lot of the effects look terrible as a consequence.

That's kind of the mo for X-Men films at Fox (and FF). The effects in both Wolverine solo movies are trash. The original trilogy isn't much better. Hell Beast still looks like he's on strings in DoFP.

The art/effects team is terrible at Fox, at least for their comic films.

ayy these suits look dope af. i keep getting this feeling that this movie will be too cool. im diggin the art direction in this so far tho.

Yeah, I'm really digging this. It has a great retro-futuristic punk feel crossed with a bit of Tron.

Indeed. Though I think MK deserves a film over a TV series.

I think a TV show would work better for Moon Knight then a film. Watch his sanity degrade further and further as he has to cope with the voices and the insane crimes he has to deal with.

Hindle

Banned
So, do any of the characters in Ant Man have super powers? I'm assuming it's based around weaponised suits ala Iron Man, but I am not sure.

J10

Banned
So, do any of the characters in Ant Man have super powers? I'm assuming it's based around weaponised suits ala Iron Man, but I am not sure.

Ant-Man can shrink and grow himself and other things without the suit. So can Wasp. The suit is weaponized in addition to their natural abilities.

Looks like weaponized suits, but the suits are really just capable of shrinking and growing. But it looks Yellow Jacket's suit is actually legit weaponized since it's a battle suit. Ant-Man's suit looks more like a prototype experiment.

Edit: But seems like I'm mistaken. J10 above probably knows more than I ^

I'm a bit confused by this picture. Is this a baby's head photoshop with dredd's helmet or something

The kid is wearing a Judge Dredd costume and being a total baller.

Hindle

Banned
Ant-Man can shrink and grow without the suit. So can Wasp. The suit is weaponized in addition to his natural abilities.

Ah i see. How does he get his powers, and also YellowJacket will be the main villian in this, how does he relate to Ant Man?

J10

Banned
Ah i see. How does he get his powers, and also YellowJacket will be the main villian in this, how does he relate to Ant Man?

Hank Pym discovers a certain kind of particle that can move any mass in and out of another dimension. That dimension is where the mass goes and comes from when shrinking and growing. He infuses the particles with a gas or pills. Eventually he doesn't need the gas anymore and just does it at will.

Yellowjacket is traditionally just Ant-Man's alter ego, not a separate guy.

His powers come from something called 'Pym particles' but someone else can probably elaborate better than I.

Yellow Jacket is actually one of Hank Pym's superhero aliases (he's got a bunch), but in the movie, the main villain (who is a different character altogether) will be known as Yellow Jacket.

Edit: See, I'm super hyped for a movie that I actually know nothing about what it's based on. Thanks J!

Pym as Yellow Jacket:

Hank Pym is actually bipolar and winds up with a bunch of different superhero aliases.

You know, it might an interesting way to tackle Ant-Man's villains: Pym creates all of them.

Yellow Jacket/Cross in this film is Pym's protege. Maybe the next solo film, the villain is someone named 'Goliath' that is also tied intimately to Pym. Then maybe we get a 'Giant Man' or something. So all of aliases in 616 are actually villains he's partially responsible for in the MCU.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You know, it might an interesting way to tackle Ant-Man's villains: Pym creates all of them.

Yellow Jacket/Cross in this film is Pym's protege. Maybe the next solo film, the villain is someone named 'Goliath' that is also tied intimately to Pym. Then maybe we get a 'Giant Man' or something. So all of aliases in 616 are actually villains he's partially responsible for in the MCU.

and in the last personas appearance, at the end of the film, we find out that all these movies were pym fighting his inner demons, and that none of the films actually happened on some dallas shit

Im confused, I thought Yellowjacket was Pym and Antman was Scott?

That is what it was in EMH no?

Yellow Jacket is one of Pym's superhero identities in the comics. In the movie, they decided to make Yellow Jacket a completely different character. Pym has taken on a bunch of identities in the comics, while Scott was only ever the second Ant-Man.

Yellow Jacket is one of Pym's superhero identities in the comics. In the movie, they decided to make Yellow Jacket a completely different character. Pym has taken on a bunch of identities in the comics, while Scott was only ever the second Ant-Man.

YellowJacket is just the name of the suit I think, I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the movie the suit is recovered and will worn by someone else, maybe by Pym if Marvel didn't kill him in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom