• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

Yellow Jacket is one of Pym's superhero identities in the comics. In the movie, they decided to make Yellow Jacket a completely different character. Pym has taken on a bunch of identities in the comics, while Scott was only ever the second Ant-Man.

Oh alright, confised the hell out of me, don't know if Im ok with that but I hope it turns out great in the end.

Slayven

Ant-Man gotta have dat pymp swagger.

g9sSi7p.jpg

mreddie

“Finished my last days on Ant-Man this weekend. Had a great time, a new experience with all these blue screens!. These are some photos of myself and Mike Runyard, my stuntman and golfing buddy for the for the last 26 years, including films like Black Rain and The Game.”

1506884_747897155305103_4342195463411945901_n.jpg

He gone already?
Yep, Pym gonna be dead.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Another piece of concept art for Yellowjacket:
52S5wgk.jpg

And the man behind the suit, Corey Stoll, on set in Atlanta:
FPCJjOm.png

Is this for real? If so, that's some strange stuff lol..smaller waist line?

Yeah some dude from Disney came in to give a demo and recruit during my nuke class. He showed us all the little shit that goes into film that people never see.

Pretty much every thing you see in movies is touched up. It's why actors look so different in real life.

Yeah some dude from Disney came in to give a demo and recruit during my nuke class. He showed us all the little shit that goes into film that people never see.

Pretty much every thing you see in movies is touched up. It's why actors look so different in real life.

It's probably their bodies and such. The three Chrises looked the same when I saw them.

It's probably their bodies and such. The three Chrises looked the same when I saw them.

They smooth Evans face during the hospital scene in Cap 2 during his close up. It's really subtle but it's there. CG work that you don't notice is all over movies. It's little things like smoothing skin to weird shit like replacing hands because the director doesn't like what the actor is doing with them.

They smooth Evans face during the hospital scene in Cap 2 during his close up. It's really subtle but it's there. CG work that you don't notice is all over movies. It's little things like smoothing skin to weird shit like replacing hands because the director doesn't like what the actor is doing with them.

...huh. That's actually really interesting, I didn't know directors go to that extent.

My girlfriend's office is hosting the wrap party for the film crew soon, so it sounds like production is almost completed.

I asked if she could sneak me in, but she's not even allowed to attend. :<

richiek

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-evangeline-lilly-talks-about-her-squicke/1100-150433/

Evangeline Lily talks about Ant-Man:

CV: Can you tell us anything about your experience filming Ant-Man?

EL: Honestly, it’s easy for me to talk about it. I’ve had such a wonderful experience. Marvel Studios has shocked the pants off me. I really expected to be walking into a great big machine that would be so well oiled and anybody new with new ideas or new contributions would just be a pain in the butt. Marvel could not have been more opposite to those expectations. They’ve been collaborative in a way that makes me feel like—and I know you’re going to say this is bullcrap but it’s totally true—in a way that makes me feel like I was working on a little indie project. I mean, it was that intimate and that collaborative. I just had a wonderful experience.

CV: Well we’re all waiting. Everything is about Age of Ultron right now and we’re waiting to hear anything about Ant-Man.

EL: [laughs] I know. It was incredible and I’ve never experienced this before. I just wrapped on the film. They’re still shooting. They’ll be shooting into December. Then they’re going to turn the film around and have it in theaters by July. That’s unheard of, that’s an incredibly quick turnaround. You won’t have to wait very long. You’re going to get some news about it very soon.

richiek

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-announces-new-ant-man-749911

Marvel to release an Ant-Man prose novel.

With Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man less than a year from release, it’s time to start building up the stature of the company’s premier miniature hero. In addition to a new comic series launching next year, Marvel announced plans Tuesday for Ant-Man: Natural Enemy, a prose novel centering on the character.

Written by crime novelist Jason Starr, Marvel describes the novel's Scott Lang as “an ex-con, single parent and part-time superhero … settling in to a new city with his teenage daughter, Cassie.” While this fits with the comic book mythology of the character, more or less — Cassie was traditionally portrayed as a preteen for much of Scott Lang’s initial superhero career before his temporary death in 2004, and has herself been dead since he returned to life — this description might, more importantly, point toward the status quo for the Paul Rudd version of the character in Peyton Reed’s 2015 movie.

richiek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSNg4Y_EoF0

Evangeline Lily talking about Edgar Wright's departure and Peyton Reed:

"I was [bummed out] when Edgar and Marvel decided to part ways," the actress admitted to InnerSpace. "I was nervous, and I kind of held off from signing my contract because I actually wanted to wait and see what would happen. I met Peyton [Reed] and we spoke, and I was convinced that I was going to do the project." Now that she's already wrapped filming, Lilly has nothing but praise for Peyton Reed. "He has such impeccable taste, he's so collaborative, so much fun, and so deep into the comic book world," she explained. "[He] always has been [in that world], all his life, and really knows the genre. I just have no doubt the film is going to be incredible. I think it's gonna be one of Marvel's best."

This definitely is reassuring to hear.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I've warmed up a lot to this. Looking forward to the first trailer whenever it drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom