• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

It's a rumor, but it's a pretty big megaton if true.

RUMOR: HOW WILL “ANT-MAN” CONNECT TO “CAPTAIN AMERICA 3″?

Holy shit. This would definitely explain why Edgar Wright left the project. So many connections to past and future MCU films.

They're going though with the Registration Act?

giphy.gif

Holy shit. This would definitely explain why Edgar Wright left the project. So many connections to past and future MCU films.

William Hurt returning to the MCU. Sign me up. Loved his turn as Ross.

Would also be nice to find out what Betty has been up to. They addressed all the other heroes relationships in Avengers while never even acknowledging Betty/Bruce; especially since last we left her, she was in NYC.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
But everyone knows the Avengers already, what's the point? Plus, didn't Widow tell everyone about SHIELD?

Kevin Feige explains:

http://screencrush.com/marvel-civil-war-secret-identities-kevin-feige/

I don’t want to give too much away, but needless to say, the generalities of the act are the same. Something happens, perhaps it’s cumulative for things that have happened though all of the movies leading up to this point. It has made the governments of the world say “we need to have some oversight of these guys. They need to report to somebody. So it becomes more… it falls under that umbrella, rather than “you have to take off your mask.” It’s not about the secret identity thing, as much as it is about, overall, who reports to who, and who can agree to oversight committee. Because as of now, in Avengers 2, there is no more security council, there is no SHIELD, obviously. Stark is paying for it, Captain America is running it, and things occur that will make governments begin to question.

The events of Age of Ultron will lead governments to registering superheroes. Secret identities have nothing to do with it, unlike the comics.

Pachimari

Yeah, the registration have always been a thing, just not the "reveal your identity" stuff.

That plot for Ant-Man sounds amazing. But I have always been hyped on it. :)

Ithil

The Registration act isn't about secret identities in the MCU, it's about the superheroes all having to work for the government.

mreddie

Kevin Feige explains:

http://screencrush.com/marvel-civil-war-secret-identities-kevin-feige/

The events of Age of Ultron will lead governments to registering superheroes. Secret identities have nothing to do with it, unlike the comics.

Yeah, because being government heroes, Cap, likely still shook after Winter Soldier doesn't want another SHIELD ordering him around.

This still just leaves a bad taste out of my mouth but at least all this leads to the Infinity War, not Secret Invasion.

kunonabi

Is it strange that I'm more hyped about Ant-Man than anything else? I really can't wait to see how it fits in with everything else.

Popstar

It has made the governments of the world say “we need to have some oversight of these guys. They need to report to somebody.
This actually sounds like a mix of Civil War and the early Avengers stories with Henry Gyrich.

Dai101

Banned

William Hurt returning to the MCU. Sign me up. Loved his turn as Ross.

Would also be nice to find out what Betty has been up to. They addressed all the other heroes relationships in Avengers while never even acknowledging Betty/Bruce; especially since last we left her, she was in NYC.

OH

MY

GOD

YES!!!

THUNDERBOLT ROSS IS BACK BITCHES!!!!!

Hope he brings Blosky back too.

The Registration act isn't about secret identities in the MCU, it's about the superheroes all having to work for the government.

Yes, i can imagine world govments. dont want shit like what happened in NYC, or the whole S.H.I.E.L.D. debacle to repeat again.

Gartooth

Good idea on whoever guessed it will air with Agent Carter. Might not be the premiere though since AoU premiered on a random episode of AoS.

Also has Marvel said anything about Hope being Wasp in the MCU? If Ant-Man 2 happens, it won't be for a while so I'm wondering if that character will be put in place in Ant-Man.

Korten

Banned
But... As far as we know Ant-man takes place after AoU right? Couldn't a trailer provide spoilers for the post-AoU MCU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom