• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poster made of awesome.

CHOzNTLUIAAdqGH.jpg

J10

Banned
"You're like a bullet."

A bullet that doesn't go through anything. Such a poor choice of words and they keep going back to it.

That shot of Yellowjacket where he turns was used in the commercial, just for a different scene. I think that means that the whole "I'm Ant-Man. I know, wasn't my idea" scene is when he meets the Avengers.

Quick

Banned
Anybody planning on watching Jurassic World in IMAX? There's a two-minute clip attached for Ant-Man on it (2-minute scene + trailer).

It's basically an extended look at the prison scene in the trailers.

I'm more and more convinced that he's at the new Avengers facility in some of those scenes. Especially when he says "Sorry I'm late, I was saving the world..."

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Ant-Man suit on display at Disneyland California Adventure:

MjdG574.jpg

Q4lPnPp.jpg

e1TwOXY.jpg

TnvotZ6.jpg

Interesting look at the buttons on the gloves.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Christophe Beck describes the film's score:

http://www.wearemoviegeeks.com/2015/06/composer-christophe-beck/

For the ANT-MAN score, Christophe Beck combined action-oriented, grand-sounding superhero themes with fun and comical elements to evoke both anticipation and a sense of humor. Beck states: “For Ant-Man, I wanted to write a score in the grand symphonic tradition of my favorite superhero movies, with a sweeping scope and a big, catchy main theme. What makes this score stand out among other Marvel movies, though, is a sneaky sense of fun since it is, after all, not only a superhero movie, but also a heist comedy.” Beck’s score contributes to Ant-Man’s overall impact, emotionally engaging audience members and heightening all the thrills in this action-packed adventure.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Fan art of Evangeline Lily in a modified Yellowjacket suit:

wasp___no_mask_by_randomfilmsonline-d8wdmk9.jpg

It would make logical sense. In the footage, the suit shoots lasers, those could be her Wasp stings.
I haven't been able to un-see this ever since you posted it. Every time I look at Yellowjacket now, I'm just like, Pfft, why's he in Wasp's costume?

danielcw

And I just realised he was the composer on Buffy, including Once More With Feeling. So that should work pretty well.

His Buffy music was good, but don't forget that he did not compose most of Once More With Feeling.
Outside of Buffy & Angel I don't remember having heard any good music from him. If Ant-Man is indeed a comedy, maybe he gets to shine.
But it is not like his scores of other comedies, for example The Hangover, have been memorable.
I fear that this will be another typical MCU score, with the music being mostly tapestry.
And I would really like to be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom