• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shield

Slightly bigger image in case anyone wants.
10577187_975950025765471_7567220387786959832_n.jpg

I love how if you showed this image to someone with no knowledge of this film, they'd probably never guess that it was for a superhero film.

Not that being a superhero film is a bad thing, but that giving each MCU film a different genre flavour is a great idea

I love how if you showed this image to someone with no knowledge of this film, they'd probably never guess that it was for a superhero film.

Not that being a superhero film is a bad thing, but that giving each MCU film a different genre flavour is a great idea

Isn't it a heist movie?

Neoxon

I want this to succeed.

Peyton Reed's film resume may not be the best, but Edgar Wright already set the groundwork, and Marvel's guidance will hopefully steer things the right way.
I'm hopeful that this will at least turn out decent. Maybe it'll make my "Pretty Damn Good Tier" or better.

The nice thing is it seems Reed's been wanting to do a superhero flick for ages, so hopefully he's hungry to prove himself.

And Rudd will look baller in the suit.

MRfVfBK.jpg

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The nice thing is it seems Reed's been wanting to do a superhero flick for ages, so hopefully he's hungry to prove himself.

And Rudd will look baller in the suit.

MRfVfBK.jpg
I like this poster. Something about the pose and the color scheme. It looks a lot different than many of the other MCU posters. Maybe it's just the lack of orange and the blue hue.

Does anyone here think that this film may not be as financially successful as Marvels other franchises due to peoples fear of insects?

I mean...a giant ant on the Ant Man poster may not resonate with a wide audience.

Does anyone here think that this film may not be as financially successful as Marvels other franchises due to peoples fear of insects?

I mean...a giant ant on the Ant Man poster may not resonate with a wide audience.

Well, they managed to sell a sentient tree and a raccoon... maybe they can sell insects.

Just gotta make them look badass instead of scary.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yooo, that jacket. I need it.

... I'm not lying I HAVE THAT JACKET (and yeah, I bought it here in SF though I doubt that part matters)

It's Boss Orange. has TONS Of pockets and shit. I love it. Was like $300.

As for the hoodie? Well, if they are trying to be authentic SF it might be from American Giant, but the zipper looks a little different, not sure.

Anyways, I got pretty close to the shoot today but couldn't get pics as good as the ones posted here. Either they snuck in good or they have much better zoom than what I'm carrying (a nice camera is definitely something I need to invest in, especially living here)

... I'm not lying I HAVE THAT JACKET (and yeah, I bought it here in SF though I doubt that part matters)

It's Boss Orange. has TONS Of pockets and shit. I love it. Was like $300.

As for the hoodie? Well, if they are trying to be authentic SF it might be from American Giant, but the zipper looks a little different, not sure.

If you wanna be like Ant-Man, you gotta steal that shit.

IceCold

One thing I never understood about Ant-man is how so many different people used the title. Is Hank Pym the main one? Then you have yellow jacket, giant-man, wasp (not sure) etc. which are also supposed to be the same dude.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
One thing I never understood about Ant-man is how so many different people used the title. Is Hank Pym the main one? Then you have yellow jacket, giant-man, wasp (not sure) etc. which are also supposed to be the same dude.

hank pym is the first, but hes mostly known by other aliases, or mainly just hank pym

scott lang is second, and used the name most

eric o'grady is third, and was a less heroic member of the legacy

Anyways, I got pretty close to the shoot today but couldn't get pics as good as the ones posted here. Either they snuck in good or they have much better zoom than what I'm carrying (a nice camera is definitely something I need to invest in, especially living here)

I was about to be on my way out there earlier today, but then something came up that delayed me from leaving at a decent hour, and I couldn't stay all day, but didn't want to get stuck in traffic... so I ended up not going at all. :(

So what was it like out there? crazy traffic? anyone get pulled in as background extras? autographs? shout-outs? anything of interest?

Rootbeer

Banned
I was about to be on my way out there earlier today, but then something came up that delayed me from leaving at a decent hour, and I couldn't stay all day, but didn't want to get stuck in traffic... so I ended up not going at all. :(

So what was it like out there? crazy traffic? anyone get pulled in as background extras? autographs? shout-outs? anything of interest?
Here is what I saw. Came across several people corralling towards the tenderloin as I was scouting around, so I eventually came across this set on Ellis street (at Jones). They were doing fake rain, and not a bad day for it since it was foggy, overcast with very light mist that morning so the sky looked believably rainy which was to their advantage.

I just want to stress what a huge undertaking something like this is to do in the heart of the city, all of these buildings around are full with residents, there are businesses, usually lots of traffic, tons of stuff. To shut all that down and get everyone to cooperate is probably no small task. I'm sure it's all just a day's work for them, but to see this location that I've walked through hundreds of times become a movie set is just surreal!

And yeah they have people on just about every corner flanking the set trying to keep anyone who doesn't work or live directly in the area to go around so I had to do some fibbing.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/08/first-ant-man-set-photos-scene-description.html

I'm hoping I'll see that car I spotted the other day show up in another set of spy photos, or in a future trailer/preview to vindicate my believe that I stumbled upon another shoot they were doing on Monday :p

So awesome that they are filming here! Finally a Marvel film in San Francisco, whoohoo!

Oh and if they are going with Rudd's character as being a thief... I think it's hilarious that he literally lives in the Tenderloin. Talk about stereotypes!

Google Maps link to the building Paul Rudd went into (rather it actually is where his character lives, I guess we'll find out)
https://www.google.com/maps/@37.785...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sEGc-VctRFBxFBWrHj7ipBw!2e0

Also, compare the google maps photos to the set photos and you can see some of the dressing they did to the set.

Riley also mentioned that she didn’t notice any of the leads on set, but did spot someone wearing an Avengers: Age of Ultron crew jacket. So, could this be a post credits scene for next year’s Avengers sequel?

I figured that there would obviously be an Ant-Man teaser at the end of Age of Ultron, but to know that they could have been filming it these last 2 days and I missed it....

Too bad she didn't get the shot of the jacket.

I also wonder what exactly it was they were filming if none of the leads were on set.
Was anything happening?

I see they were doing rain, but what was actually going on?

Rootbeer

Banned
I figured that there would obviously be an Ant-Man teaser at the end of Age of Ultron, but to know that they could have been filming it these last 2 days and I missed it....

Too bad she didn't get the shot of the jacket.

I also wonder what exactly it was they were filming if none of the leads were on set.
Was anything happening?

I see they were doing rain, but what was actually going on?

Paul Rudd was there at that very set actually. Just not in the photos at that last link.

"what was actually going on"? Who can say :p it's just a few shots from a scene it can be hard to piece together exactly what is supposedly taking place out of context. It looks like Paul going home (maybe after a theft?) and some other scenic stuff to give viewers a sense of the location.

http://instagram.com/p/r6VgPpofir/
http://instagram.com/p/r6Rlnnohzf/

If you were expecting much more, well... that's just how movies are made. one shot at a time, so it doesn't look like much if you're only seeing them do these little 5 or 10 second shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom