• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Goddamn I'm so excited. Just ordered the Spigen slim armor case off of Amazon... Having the phone for a few days without a case is gonna make me so nervous lol

Corgi

Banned
was an idiot and ordered a spigen case off amazon like the hours span where it wasn't prime. now its coming this week... or next.

luckily AT&T has no 6+'s around right right?

Koyuga

Man I'm starting to get really excited now. Pretty soon on Thursday I'm gonna be lining up for another Apple product launch! Last time for me was for the iPhone 5 in 2012. Since then the Apple store has moved from inside the mall to across the street, into a full-blown Apple retail store with glass walls and everything. Though I'm gonna miss having easy access to bathrooms Friday morning ...also nobody sitting with me this time to watch my spot. :(

chidrock

Well, all watching the review videos did was make me realize I want the Silver instead of Space Grey. (I only had black ones in the past but was considering making the switch this time around) I'm supposed to pick up a 128 gb Space Grey 6 in store on Friday; any guesses as to whether or not I'll be able to switch it over to the Silver version?

I tried calling Apple and they just told me about the 14 day return policy. Won't help much if it's not in stock. I know they hold a few back for exchanges, but I don't know if this would count.

It's not a plus, right? lol...

As a 5s owner I'm still kind of disappointed by Apple's 6 and 6+ devices. Hardware wise I expected more than this. It feels just like the iPad 3 to me. Here is hope that the iPhone 6s will be what the 6/6+ should've been.

Damn it I just watched iPhone 6+ video review on the verge and the size looked reasonable. I guess I'm going to the Apple store sometime soon and seeing if I want to switch my 6 for a 6+

As a 5s owner I'm still kind of disappointed by Apple's 6 and 6+ devices. Hardware wise I expected more than this. It feels just like the iPad 3 to me. Here is hope that the iPhone 6s will be what the 6/6+ should've been.

This just made me think that iPhone 6S Plus is a weird sounding name.

JABEE

Are these dates on Apple.com going to be bumped up more for the second wave people? I called up and got my order expedited for free. They also gave me a free leather case for my trouble which was pretty cool.

It now says 9/29-10/2

I know some people said that this has happened in the past for people who were 3-4 weeks out. Anyone else have any experience with this? When I ordered the iPhone 5 i was able to get right in to order both of the phones I needed. This time I got one Silver 6+ in, but the second Space Grey phone didn't go through, because it wouldn't let me add it to my cart. I didn't get my order in until around 12:40PST.

Where is everyone else at?

Koyuga

This kinda seems to be how it goes with iPhones. Buy a device, skip next year's and buy the one after that. As a 5 owner, 5s didn't seem like a big enough jump for me to upgrade. But looks like it will be more than worth it.

LOCK

So are there any good iPhone 6 Plus size reviews from a guy's perspective? (mainly video)

The only ones I'm finding are from women.

Girls are small.

bodine1231

Likelihood of going into a T-Mobile store Friday afternoon and picking up a iPhone 6 64GB without a pre-order? Are these phones looking like they'll be sold out for awhile? I can definitely wait if so, just curious on my chances.

That's what I'm gonna do. I managed to stroll in to a T Mobile store and nab a Note 3 last year when they were sold out everywhere online.

Vyer

Are these dates on Apple.com going to be bumped up more for the second wave people? I called up and got my order expedited for free. They also gave me a free leather case for my trouble which was pretty cool.

It now says 9/29-10/2

I know some people said that this has happened in the past for people who were 3-4 weeks out. Anyone else have any experience with this? When I ordered the iPhone 5 i was able to get right in to order both of the phones I needed. This time I got one Silver 6+ in, but the second Space Grey phone didn't go through, because it wouldn't let me add it to my cart. I didn't get my order in until around 12:40PST.

Where is everyone else at?

wait, why did you have to call?

btrboyev

This kinda seems to be how it goes with iPhones. Buy a device, skip next year's and buy the one after that. As a 5 owner, 5s didn't seem like a big enough jump for me to upgrade. But looks like it will be more than worth it.

You are on the wrong cycle. Stick with the S models. Hold on to your 5 one more year. You aren't really missing much.

S MODELS have brought more innovation and hardware jumps each version compared to the first year models.

Xcellere

Just put this together:

6:

ibbXDNNg8a6m9G.jpg

6+:

ibthH2XqnW3P7S.jpg

gimmmick

You are on the wrong cycle. Stick with the S models. Hold on to your 5 one more year. You aren't really missing much.

S MODELS have brought more innovation and hardware jumps each version compared to the first year models.

Truth. Why people like myself prefer the S cycle when upgrading.

Man the suspense is killing me, lol.

Preordered a 6+ via ATT at about 3:15am EST when preorders started. My shipping date was originally 10/31-11/15. Then it changed to 10/15-10/21.

Now it's 10/02-10/13.

I am so confused...

To anyone that previously preordered iPhones does this sometimes happen?
I called today to ask what that meant. My dates were 11/9 - 11/27 with preparing to ship. I was also billed but the charges disappeared from my bank account. I called to ask wtf and was told the preparing to ship means my order has cleared and will ship as soon as a phone is available. I asked if there was any chance my phone would go out for 9/19 delivery and was told no. The lady said the the 11/9 - 11/27 is the last dates possible prior to getting put on back order status.... I cancelled my AT&T 6+ preorder and will just pick up my 6 preorder from bestbuy.

My Golden 128gb Iphone 6+ pre order from ATT.com is still showing Shipping Date: 11/09/14 - 11/27/14* while having a preparing to ship status...

Honestly though if they don't ship it by launch then I will have to line up to get one... really defeats the point of pre ordering in advance imo.
I called today to ask what the preparing to ship message meant. My dates were 11/9 - 11/27 with preparing to ship. I was also billed but the charges disappeared from my bank account. I called to ask wtf and was told the preparing to ship means my order has cleared and will ship as soon as a phone is available. I asked if there was any chance my phone would go out for 9/19 delivery and was told no. The lady said the the 11/9 - 11/27 is the last dates possible prior to getting put on back order status.... I cancelled my AT&T 6+ preorder and will just pick up my 6 preorder from bestbuy.

olympia

Where are the 6+ reviews by women? I'm still deciding whether to get a Plus or not. I really like the way it looks with the leather case. Also, did you guys ever find out how much RAM the Plus has?

If the 6+ is as good as these reviews say it is, maybe I'll keep it an extra year (since I am paying $200 extra it better last 3 years ffs) and get a 7S but there is no chance in hell I'd ever consider keeping my 5 for another year to get the 6S Plus.

I've had more issues with the *THREE* iPhone 5s I've gone through than I have with all my other iPhones (since the 4GB iPhone 1) combined. This thing has been on its last legs for the past 6 months at least.

ZeroX03

Banned
Where are the 6+ reviews by women? I'm still deciding whether to get a Plus or not. I really like the way it looks with the leather case. Also, did you guys ever find out how much RAM the Plus has?

This review was written by a woman, there's video of her using it in action if you want an idea of the size.

1GB of RAM.

T.O.P

Banned
Give me that pre-order page Apple ughhhhh

And still not a single carrier is showing a contract to get with this phone, the hell :/

Likelihood of going into a T-Mobile store Friday afternoon and picking up a iPhone 6 64GB without a pre-order? Are these phones looking like they'll be sold out for awhile? I can definitely wait if so, just curious on my chances.

I can officially confirm only higher volume stores will carry the 64gb-128gb. Check with the store managers for those locations.

Terrell

I've always seen it another way: S models introduce features before they're ready for primetime along with ho-hum spec bumps and the main models are the hallmark release, with the exception of the 3GS.

4 - Retina Display, Verizon support, 64-bit processor
4S - Siri... in beta (and it showed for a while), and a spec bump

5 - 802.11n support, LTE service, noise cancellation, bigger screen
5S - Touch ID (which had extremely limited use and had implementation issues) and a spec bump

The "S" might as well stand for "spec bump". Unless I'm obviously missing these innovations and features that vastly outpace the 1st-year models.

Addnan

Not yet but my pal has had his Credit Card charged now. Apple have taken the money. His delivery is Friday 19th.

Mine is still on "Processing Order". 29 Sep to 2 Oct delivery.

In the same boat as your friend, Apple charged my credit card few days ago now, delivery 19th. Just waiting for that email...

Blackhead

Redarse
A couple reviews mentioned performance problems/bugs with the 6+. Re/code, TheVerge, TechRadar...
Re/code said:
Oddly, there were a couple instances where core apps on the iPhone 6 Plus froze up, and the graphics in Messages appeared mixed up once while I was switching from upright to horizontal mode. Apple says this is a bug, and the company is working to fix it.
TheVerge said:
effort into how this iPad mini-mini should actually work, and it shows in various ways. For example, starting an email in landscape involves a new-document sheet sliding up along with the busy landscape keyboard, leaving the screen a busy mess of inactive interface elements. Safari is pretty crashy in landscape, especially on responsive sites like The Verge, and some apps like Weather don’t take advantage of the extra space at all. The 6 Plus could be the start of an entirely new platform for Apple, but it’s going to take a little more work to get there.
TechRadar said:
During day to day usage I found the 6 Plus ran pretty smoothly, but it's not quite as quick as some of the top Android handsets on the market. Every now and then the iPhone would pause for thought ever so briefly.

It wasn't long enough to cause any issues, but it was long enough for me to notice from time to time.
Edit: it's still the one to get imo

Welp, I got my tracking number from Verizon. I guess now I wait about 50 hours and the Plus will be mine.

Thanks for not killing me in here during my panic attacks about if I'm getting my phone or not.

BowieZ

Banned
Does anyone know if there's a way on the 6+ to organise your apps so that they appear on the screen where you want them -- i.e., closer to the bottom of the screen where the thumb can reach?

Have people started getting their shipping notifications from Apple yet? Mines been "preparing for shipping" since Sunday night and I haven't been charged for it yet. Getting a little bit nervous...

Varion

Have people started getting their shipping notifications from Apple yet? Mines been "preparing for shipping" since Sunday night and I haven't been charged for it yet. Getting a little bit nervous...
Not here at least, mine's been on preparing for dispatch since Friday. Still showing that it should be here on the 19th, so I shouldn't have anything to worry about, but I'll definitely feel better when I've got a tracking number.

Not here at least, mine's been on preparing for dispatch since Friday. Still showing that it should be here on the 19th, so I shouldn't have anything to worry about, but I'll definitely feel better when I've got a tracking number.

100% Agree. Apple always gets me stressed about their launch day shipping. It feels like they unnecessarily do 1-day shipping at the last minute and I honestly don't trust the shipping companies enough for that. haha

Top Bottom