• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What's the consensus best pick for iPhone 6 cases? (I would put durability/strength over looks here...)

If you care mostly about durability and strength, I think those Otterbox bricks will do the job.

Vyer

Still waiting for some of these app updates to come out. I'm surprised it's taking so long. I guess devs weren't completely sure about the resolutions so they didn't want to waste resources which is understandable. Instagram is probably the one that I feel needs to be updated the most though.

Yeah. Starting to see more though. Afterlight, GarageBand, Hyperlapse all hit for me today.

Patriots7

Store only has silver 128GB in stock.

I just want a 64GB Space Grey

:(

Anyone think 128GB is worth it? I'm rocking a 16GB 5C and am almost out of space, but feel like 128GB is just insane.

What's the consensus best pick for iPhone 6 cases? (I would put durability/strength over looks here...)

i got the insignia Black from Best Buy, its only $14 and its amazingly thin, light and strong. its a TPU case so its not soft but its hard either, its an in between material

Jomjom

Banned
Store only has silver 128GB in stock.

I just want a 64GB Space Grey

:(

Anyone think 128GB is worth it? I'm rocking a 16GB 5C and am almost out of space, but feel like 128GB is just insane.

128gb is AWESOME. I'd go for that. 64 is just way too small. Think of it this way, it's only $100 more, that's like 3 dinners. You're not going to miss that money in the long run, but you won't have to worry about storage issues for a good long time. I think it's worth it.

For instance, I'm heading to Japan, HK, and Taiwan next month and I'm going to take a billion photos with my new 6+. Not having to worry about storage or having to transfer each night (can't do it anyway since I'm not taking my laptop) is great!

Also I'm going to watch all 3 BTTF movies on the plane as well as a bunch of new digital copies of movies I haven't had a chance to watch yet.

knicks

I heard the OtterBox Defenders make it difficult to press the volume and power buttons. That's what I read on Amazon I think. Hopefully they release a revamped version. They could have made that case with a prototype hence the poor reviews it has been getting to prior OtterBox cases.

f@luS

More than a member.
I have a Fucking bug am i alone ? If i have too many text message i just cant search a récipient name to find out conversation. I need to make a new SMS then write the name. Anyone ?

Bacon

128gb is AWESOME. I'd go for that. 64 is just way too small. Think of it this way, it's only $100 more, that's like 3 dinners. You're not going to miss that money in the long run, but you won't have to worry about storage issues for a good long time. I think it's worth it.

For instance, I'm heading to Japan, HK, and Taiwan next month and I'm going to take a billion photos with my new 6+. Not having to worry about storage or having to transfer each night (can't do it anyway since I'm not taking my laptop) is great!

3 Dinners??

I get your point but it's a lot more than 3 dinners.

Edit: unless you're talking about an entire families dinner.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I have a Fucking bug am i alone ? If i have too many text message i just cant search a récipient name to find out conversation. I need to make a new SMS then write the name. Anyone ?

When you go into Messages, you should be able to pull the list down and reveal a search box.

Are you saying that search box isn't there or doesn't work or something?

Pastry

Banned
If you care mostly about durability and strength, I think those Otterbox bricks will do the job.

I don't have mine yet but I'm debating between Otterbpx or Lifeproof for my case (Lifeproof for 6+ isn't out yet). My girlfriend has a Lifeproof for her 4 and I really like it. I've heard Lifeproof cases are slimmer than Otterbox, does anyone know if that's true?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Does anyone have some time on their hands and would be willing to explain the correlation between the 6 Plus' rendering resolution versus display resolution?

The whys, the context, the effects, the issues with this decision? I'm struggling to fully understand.

What's the deal with the home button sometimes making whatever is on the screen just kinda 'drop' half way down the viewing area? It almost looks like I could snap two windows or something.

I don't have mine yet but I'm debating between Otterbpx or Lifeproof for my case (Lifeproof for 6+ isn't out yet). My girlfriend has a Lifeproof for her 4 and I really like it. I've heard Lifeproof cases are slimmer than Otterbox, does anyone know if that's true?

I have a lifeproof case on my 4 as well. I love it, but it's definitely not slim. It makes my 4 look big and bulky. The built in screen protector is fabulous, sits perfectly flat on the iphone screen. After about a year, the rubber edges have started to peel off now, but I ain't buying a new case now that I've preordered a 6 plus.

EDIT: This one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WF9OHI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
What's the deal with the home button sometimes making whatever is on the screen just kinda 'drop' half way down the viewing area? It almost looks like I could snap two windows or something.

"Reachability" is the feature you're talking about.

If you double tap (not click) the home button, it drops the screen down so you can reach the top of the screen without having to stretch.

I heard the OtterBox Defenders make it difficult to press the volume and power buttons. That's what I read on Amazon I think. Hopefully they release a revamped version. They could have made that case with a prototype hence the poor reviews it has been getting to prior OtterBox cases.

My friend got the OtterBox and I can confirm after using that it sucks. The fitting is atrocious

So my iPhone 6 isn't receiving calls. Don't know what happened but it just stopped receiving them altogether (even though I can dial out). Didn't update the phone either. Probably will have to take it back.

Mii

Banned
3 Dinners??

I get your point but it's a lot more than 3 dinners.

Edit: unless you're talking about an entire families dinner.

In my prior line of work, when I traveled for clients or worked past midnight in the office, I typically billed for a $30-35 meal.

Also, if I'm going to an average restaurant and get a drink or two, the meal easily gets to $33 per person.

On a side note, if families typically get by on $33 for a family of 4, they must be eating at McDonalds or something.

this is going to quickly derail, huh

Day 6 with my iPhone 6. Camera was screwing up earlier. Gyro didn't seem to be working and the camera couldn't tell how it was being held. After a restart of the phone, everything was working again though.

The Apple silicone case is holding up decently and helps a lot with grip now that the phone is too large for me to grip tightly while still reaching all parts of the screen. I can hold the phone more loosely and reach all the screen real estate while not worrying about the phone falling out of my hand. I still think I would prefer a 4.5" phone though.

Bacon

In my prior line of work, when I traveled for clients or worked past midnight in the office, I typically billed for a $30-35 meal.

Also, if I'm going to an average restaurant and get a drink or two, the meal easily gets to $33 per person.

On a side note, if families typically get by on $33 for a family of 4, they must be eating at McDonalds or something.

this is going to quickly derail, huh

Day 6 with my iPhone 6. Camera was screwing up earlier. Gyro didn't seem to be working and the camera couldn't tell how it was being held. After a restart of the phone, everything was working again though.

The Apple silicone case is holding up decently and helps a lot with grip now that the phone is too large for me to grip tightly while still reaching all parts of the screen. I can hold the phone more loosely and reach all the screen real estate while not worrying about the phone falling out of my hand. I still think I would prefer a 4.5" phone though.

Sure if you're going out to eat at a sit down restaurant I could see dinner costing 33 bucks but if you're grocery shopping a dinner will come nowhere near $33.

Rambaldi

My order changed to Preparing for Shipment this morning!

(Apple.com/AT&T/6+ 16gb/Oct 13-20)

So excited. Though I'm probably going to exchange for a 64gb. I think.

hitsugi

My order also changed to preparing for shipment today :D although I'm not sure if that's any indicator of how close it is to actually being shipped.

Ordered 2x 64 gb regular 6's. ETA is still Oct 13-16.. really hoping it makes it prior to the 13th as we're heading out of town for that week

I'm still super impressed with my 6's battery life.
It's amazing going from my 4S (would rarely last a full day at min brightness - definitely not on trips) to my 6, which is now on 1d 9h standby, 6h 30min usage at normal brightness - and still on 10%.

So if apple says only 9 people have complained to them we are just supposed to take their press release as gospel?

Sad population we have

If 10 percent of bent iphone owners contacted apple that is still 0.0009 percent of overall phones

If 1 percent if bent iphone owners contacted apple that is still 0.009 percent of overall phones

Let's wait a month till there is plenty of useage

LCfiner

From a PR spinzone standpoint, the line from Apple’s PR is smart. there’s no contradiction between 9 people complaining to Apple and the bending occurring on many more phones out in the wild.

If those people haven’t reported to Apple, then it’s consistent.

I do want to see how many more cases we hear of this 30 days from now. Maybe it will end up being bigger than I expect. And I mean total number of cases, not just media attention.

Jomjom

Banned
Sure if you're going out to eat at a sit down restaurant I could see dinner costing 33 bucks but if you're grocery shopping a dinner will come nowhere near $33.

Yes I meant dinner out, not dinner cooked at home or McD. Dinner out at a non-fast food restaurant is at least $30 for me and my wife each time, so I was going off of that. For me it's probably more like 1.75 dinners.

My point is $100 gets used up real quick. For a phone that hopefully people will be keeping at least 2 years I don't see it as a big expense, especially when the phone is going to be over or near $1000 not on contract and even more over time on contract. The convenience of being able to have all your media with you is worth it. Especially if you travel or are out a lot and use your phone more than you use your laptop.

Yes I meant dinner out, not dinner cooked at home or McD. Dinner out at a non-fast food restaurant is at least $30 for me and my wife each time, so I was going off of that. For me it's probably more like 1.75 dinners.

My point is $100 gets used up real quick. For a phone that hopefully people will be keeping at least 2 years I don't see it as a big expense, especially when the phone is going to be over or near $1000 not on contract and even more over time on contract. The convenience of being able to have all your media with you is worth it. Especially if you travel or are out a lot and use your phone more than you use your laptop.

Jesus ya'll still discussing the price of dinner? LMAO.

At any rate, an extra 100$ shouldn't break the bank for a phone you get every year/every other year. I get a new iPhone every two years. From my perspective given as much time I spend on my phone for work and play I'd rather get what I really want and pay extra for it. I'm tired of running out of space on my phone cause I want a few movies and games on it.

I'll take double the amount of storage for 100, Alex!

Toki767

I spent about $100 a week on food. Sure as hell not going to spend $100 on 3 meals.

Definitely go for the 128GB if possible though.

ZeroX03

Banned
According to my carrier there are no 6 Plus units in the entire country and won't be for weeks.

They neglect to tell anyone this until halfway through release day.

Facebook really needs to update their app for the iPhone 6/6 Plus.

I'm still using a version of the app from before Messenger was made mandatory, not sure whether to make the switch or go blurry. They hid Most Recent view in the menu too, it's really awful.

Man

Store has been down for the last 48 minutes which is when it was supposed to start selling here... maybe Apple don't do online midnight orders?

Top Bottom