• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Trumps Microsoft To Become World’s Most Valuable Company

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Donald Trump GIF by NowThis

Sorcerer

It would be funny if Apple became the most valuable company by a $1 dollar difference overall. Microsoft will gain $2 dollars Thursday and be numver one!!! (as the Iron Shiek would say).
These quick back and forth's seem to be a bit overstated, but it must mean everything in the business world.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Am assuming you haven’t tried good headphones then??

Best headphones generally use mains powered electronics to drive them.

That tiny, battery powered, all in one package that receives data via bluetooth (no less) would be an embarrassment.
I've tried lots of headphones over my years. Yes, The airpods gen3 are the BEST headphones I've ever used.
I'm sure maybe giant over ear connected to wires to a large electronic box in your living room in a sound quite environment will sound better, But I don't live like that.

Packaged ram delivers better performance and energy efficiency. You should know in 2024 how much you need ram for your use case.
Right... and I'm sure these prices have nothing to do with Apple's decision to continue with the unupgradable nature of their devices. These two images are from purchasing pages for the new MacBook Air and iPad Air respectively

FGpaf2E.png
z8uWCQm.png

If it was really about performance and energy efficiency, they wouldn't need to fleece their customers for what should be relatively inexpensive upgrades.

For comparison's sake, here's the cost for upgrades on Lenovo's new Snapdragon Elite Yoga Slim 7x.

0lHWDbq.png

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Wasn´t Nvidia the most valuable company like a week ago?

They were

Stocks market fluctuates every day so spamming the market leader on a daily basis doesn't do much, tomorrow it might already change.

They're all in the >$3T, that's the only thing to know. Those 3 monster companies totaling more than $9T together, is greater than the GDP of every nations except for China and USA.

Star Trek Reaction GIF

Damigos

They make the best phones, tablets, headphones, audio software, and PC's so it makes sense.
Phones yes, tablets yes, headphones maybe, audio software yes, PCs no. They are called Macs and you cant game on a mac. So they are irrelevant for me.
But i own an iphone and ipad and i am extremely satisfied

Topher

Gold Member
Phones yes, tablets yes, headphones maybe, audio software yes, PCs no. They are called Macs and you cant game on a mac. So they are irrelevant for me.
But i own an iphone and ipad and i am extremely satisfied

Which means it comes down to personal preference regardless of what category of product we are talking about.

AmuroChan

Are we going to create a thread every time NVDA, MSFT, or APPL retakes #1? These three companies are all around the same market cap. The order is going to get shuffled every other week.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
They were

Stocks market fluctuates every day so spamming the market leader on a daily basis doesn't do much, tomorrow it might already change.

They're all in the >$3T, that's the only thing to know. Those 3 monster companies totaling more than $9T together, is greater than the GDP of every nations except for China and USA.

Star Trek Reaction GIF
It’s absolutely insane when you think about these companies that have turned into full on countries in their GDP scale. It was super quick as well. From car manufacturers, to oil companies, to tech companies.

The future is 🤖.

Topher

Gold Member
Last edited:
It’s absolutely insane when you think about these companies that have turned into full on countries in their GDP scale. It was super quick as well. From car manufacturers, to oil companies, to tech companies.

The future is 🤖.
All within a hundred years, it took 100,000 years for humility to hit that point a century ago..

tommib

Gold Member
I still laugh at this....

When asked what he'd do with Apple if he were in Jobs' shoes, Dell said:

"What would I do? I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders."
-Michael Dell, 1997

"Today, Dell (the company) was forced to go private, taking a $2 billion loan from Microsoft and investments from Silver Lake and Michael Dell."

8we4l6.jpg
Fuck Dell and their shitty overpriced plastic business laptops that overheat at the click of a mouse.

Last edited:
Are we going to create a thread every time NVDA, MSFT, or APPL retakes #1? These three companies are all around the same market cap. The order is going to get shuffled every other week.
When the Nintendo Switch 2 with Nvidia's most advanced apu in the world was announced, it will be the leader again.

Eiknarf

Banned
I've tried lots of headphones over my years. Yes, The airpods gen3 are the BEST headphones I've ever used.
I'm sure maybe giant over ear connected to wires to a large electronic box in your living room in a sound quite environment will sound better, But I don't live like that.
Ya mean "earbuds", right?

"Headphones" generally go over your head and cover both ears... aka "cans"

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
the fact apple macbooks 16 inch last 21 hours on a single charge makes it a real laptop imo

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Ya mean "earbuds", right?

"Headphones" generally go over your head and cover both ears... aka "cans"
Yes earbuds,
Bluetooth audio quality has improved greatly over the years.
Not to sound like an apple commercial, but Sound Quality, Battery Life, portability, usability with iPhone and Ipad auto switching. Is incredible. And I can use them talk on the cell phone.
I'm talking about the Gen3.
The Gen 1 had some sorta flaw with the battery life. Sound quality wasn't much better than any other bluetooth device. kind of crap for how expensive they were.
The Gen 2 fixed the battery but didn't do enough for the sound quality. Had issues with device connecting and switching.
The Gen 3 they went ham on the audio quality. Has some neato features about positional audio relative to where an Iphone is. Kind of fun. I can switch seamlessly from ipad to iphone.

I don't know if it's possible to try them out at a Bestbuy but these little buds are really good.

Top Bottom