• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Trumps Microsoft To Become World’s Most Valuable Company

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
not Pros?

Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
Yes the Gen 3 airpods beat the airpods pro in sound quality.
I'm thinking the Gen3 pro's will be the end all be all of earbud tech. :)

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
For me, nothing beats IOS/iPhone. Android phones can do cool stuff, but i see it more as some OS you play with, and use daily. I just never can get used with it. The quality of IOS and the apps/software are just miles ahead of the Android versions. Most of the features on Android are also halfbaked implemented.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
When Steve Jobs died I had my doubts that the dramatic upward trend would continue. But they seem to be doing a pretty amazing job!

Congrats to Apple and everybody that works there!!

Eiknarf

Banned
Yes earbuds,
Bluetooth audio quality has improved greatly over the years.
Not to sound like an apple commercial, but Sound Quality, Battery Life, portability, usability with iPhone and Ipad auto switching. Is incredible. And I can use them talk on the cell phone.
I'm talking about the Gen3.
The Gen 1 had some sorta flaw with the battery life. Sound quality wasn't much better than any other bluetooth device. kind of crap for how expensive they were.
The Gen 2 fixed the battery but didn't do enough for the sound quality. Had issues with device connecting and switching.
The Gen 3 they went ham on the audio quality. Has some neato features about positional audio relative to where an Iphone is. Kind of fun. I can switch seamlessly from ipad to iphone.

I don't know if it's possible to try them out at a Bestbuy but these little buds are really good.
How do I know which GEN I have? I have a pair and have no idea

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
Are we going to create a thread every time NVDA, MSFT, or APPL retakes #1? These three companies are all around the same market cap. The order is going to get shuffled every other week.
Every so often Saudi Aramco becomes #1 we can make a thread about that

RickMasters

They make the best phones, tablets, headphones, audio software, and PC's so it makes sense.

Logic pro is cool. But ableton, cubase,FL studio, reason and others are better audio software.

There are far better headphones out there. Seinheiser or Bose for example. In my recording studios I only use ADAM, And KRK headphones though. And they sound better than beats headphones or iPod by a long margin. Especially if we are talking clarity, frequency response and just over all sound and build quality.

Computers…. I’m kind of in the middle. I love my Mac Pro,but I also love my custom X299 and Z390 builds that I built myself.

Phones and tablets they have on lock. I couldn’t imagine owning anything other than an iPhone and the same goes for my iPad. I would not choose anything else besides an apple.

RickMasters

And their ridiculous gaming PCs.

shopping

If I was gonna go with a pre build it would have to be one of them Corsair ones or an ASUS, or gigabyte eqyivalent.

Dell have always been terrible. I think their computers are best suited to people who just do light stuff on a computer. And don’t ge me started on all that bloatwaee they install. People are better building their own or going with a PC that’s built by a company that has gaming in mind. Dell will never be that kind of PC builder.

Topher

Gold Member
If I was gonna go with a pre build it would have to be one of them Corsair ones or an ASUS, or gigabyte eqyivalent.

Dell have always been terrible. I think their computers are best suited to people who just do light stuff on a computer. And don’t ge me started on all that bloatwaee they install. People are better building their own or going with a PC that’s built by a company that has gaming in mind. Dell will never be that kind of PC builder.

Alienware was a good brand before Dell bought them. If I am going to buy a prebuilt then I'm going to want a parts list to know exactly what it is comprised of. 9 times out of 10 you'll probably get some shoddy power supply from some no name company but no one ever cares because it is tucked away where no one can see it.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
I found it
My model number is A2084, which means I have the Pro
The Pro's go into your ear canal and have sound canceling. Something even the Gen 3 airpods don't have. :(
I have a hard time with in ear canal as it gets irritating after a while.
I may try them out again if Apple ever releases a gen 3 Pro line of buds, maybe in 2025.

Last edited:
Top Bottom