• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

Zach

Real talk, is/was Fire Pro as good as everyone is making it sound? God-tier wrestling game for me is of course Revenge, how does Fire Pro compare to that?

I reeeeeally wanna get hyped for this game when it comes to ps4.

Yes it is.

At least the one I played Super Firepro X Premium for the SNES was.

Caderfix

Zach's going to have so much heat if he wins the belt

Zach is basically Jinder Mahal. Was a total jobber, won one match and was given an opportunity at the tittle after the well known #FantaGate incident.

EDIT: "He Who Must Not Be Named" is more appropriate.

EDIT 2: What did I just say, Zach?

Real talk, is/was Fire Pro as good as everyone is making it sound? God-tier wrestling game for me is of course Revenge, how does Fire Pro compare to that?

There are some Youtube matches that are like 30 min long of the most crazy shit.

korly

So there's a (for lack of a better term) visceral feeling that you get from controlling the Aki games and Giant Gram 2000 that is NOT present in Firepro. Like, in the Aki games you're holding down that strike button for that extra second for the big strike, and it feels awesome when it connects and if you are the one reversing those strikes it feels awesome.

Firepro works by walking up to your opponent and a grapple animation starts. At the point in the animation where the wrestlers hands touch you press an attack button (light, medium, heavy, special, or Irish whip) and if you press your button before your opponent does (and NOT earlier than the hand touch) then you will execute your move UNLESS you're trying for a heavier move than your opponent is properly worn down for.

It's a timing based thing with zero button mashing. The one thing that's always felt hard to control in Firepro (and I honestly have no idea how you'd fix it) is running strikes. Due to the isometric perspective it's sometimes unpredictable exactly where your character is going to go once you hit a direction + the run button. A big part of the strategy in something like an Aki game is knowing the right time to throw a quick lariat.

Firepro is very awesome, and very unique in its awesomeness. Be hyped.

Jamie OD

If you like making wrestlers then Fire Pro is a goldmine for that stuff.

Dang that sucks. My condolences at being at cruiserweight height.

But I'll still going to Hercules powerslam you 😜😜😉
Look damnit, quit bullying me and shit. That's my job.

Probably. This place is better without him and the likes of Neogaf Vince McMahon and others.

It has since been deleted.

I think it was on one of those "we're Reddit but we're not going to censor like Reddit" communities who all pretty much found out why Reddit censors.
Exactly 👏👏

Zach

- korly, I promise I'll try to get into this next Fire Pro.
- Drew McIntyre's (2009) theme is bad and you guys should feel bad for lying to me.
- I'm curious to know what happens with Matt Striker. He seems to be lockstep with the WWE Brand and everything he says is a sound bite attempt or a plug or an approved buzzword or a cunty quip. Is this not exactly what WWE wants??

Top Bottom