• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT 2| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!

MC Safety

I finished reading AJ Lee-Mendez-Brooks' book today.

She's a supremely talented writer, or at least a very good one with a great editor. Her book is all sorts of funny, sad, and poignant, and she handles all three with equal skill. She's also incredibly passionate and while it sometimes leads her to preach, she's at least entertaining about it.

The caveat for this forum is her book isn't so much a wrestling book as it is the story of a woman who also happened to be a wrestler. At first, it seems the WWE gets short shrift, but honestly, it's the least interesting and insightful part of the book.

I don't read wrestling biographies except for the one about Fred Blassie the WWE gave to journalists as a tchotchke some years back. And I'm glad Mendez-Brooks didn't write one.

It's an awesome read, and you'll breeze through it. More to the point, though, it will stick with you.

Slizz

Watched NXT for the second time and saw Aleistar Black for the first time. Was a squash-ish match but I assume most of his will be, dunno if I like the sitting thing and meditating. It looks sick if he can sit and assume the position at the exact moment the other wrestler hits the mat, but that'll be tough for a big dude. Spinning Kick finisher is a nice change up from the regular Super Kick. Needs another finisher though.

So now I'm blind! But I can still seeeeee you!

wYrSVEX.gif

During a recent interview on “Edge And Christian’s Pod Of Awesomeness”, The Young Bucks revealed that WWE’s Vince McMahon apparently had a message for them before The Hardys’ last match prior to returning to the WWE.

Prior to their match at ROH’ s Supercard Of Honor, Matt Jackson told Edge and Christian that Matt Hardy delivered a message to them from Vince McMahon, telling them to take care of his newly acquired stars before they return to the WWE

“We actually felt a lot of responsibility there too” Jackson told Edge and Christian. “We knew what they were doing the next night. We were two of the few guys in the world that actually knew about it.

Nobody else in Ring Of Honor that night knew about it except us. So we were like, ‘we can’t hurt these guys.’ What would that look like on us? […] That was defiantly weighing on our hearts. We were like ‘we gotta take care of these guys.’ They’ve got a big night tomorrow.”

“[Matt Hardy] comes up to the ring and he’s like, ‘Vince McMahon called me this morning and said, ‘hey I know these Young Buck kids are good, but could you please tell them to take care of you guys?””
Vince has lost his damn mind. The young bucks fucking suck.

Vince'll owe the young bucks one pal.

I finished reading AJ Lee-Mendez-Brooks' book today.

She's a supremely talented writer, or at least a very good one with a great editor. Her book is all sorts of funny, sad, and poignant, and she handles all three with equal skill. She's also incredibly passionate and while it sometimes leads her to preach, she's at least entertaining about it.

The caveat for this forum is her book isn't so much a wrestling book as it is the story of a woman who also happened to be a wrestler. At first, it seems the WWE gets short shrift, but honestly, it's the least interesting and insightful part of the book.

I don't read wrestling biographies except for the one about Fred Blassie the WWE gave to journalists as a tchotchke some years back. And I'm glad Mendez-Brooks didn't write one.

It's an awesome read, and you'll breeze through it. More to the point, though, it will stick with you.

Nice summary, I should get around to this at some point soon.

Vince has lost his damn mind. The young bucks fucking suck.

Yeah I figured very few people actually knew, like it was 100% a need to know thing

People in the Mania match
Mania Director
Vince
The Bucks (to keep them safe)

Shit I doubt ROH knew, we would've found out earlier if they did

Mahonay

Banned
KEEPING THE STREAK ALIVE BAYBAYYY

First two matches of GWF3 already pretty good.

EDIT:
The B+ belt is amazing

LOL I just noticed the Twitter scroll at the bottom. God damn it Seph.

Mahonay

Banned
LOL @ the ref in Korly vs Tall4Life slapping down a 3 count and it gets called as a 2

Hahaha the ref highfiving TAll4Life. COLLUSION

Reading the OT thread about the attack that happened in my city yesterday, apparently the mental health defense goes out the window if you're a republican. Good to know.

Zach

I wasn't able to fully watch GWF 3 last night, so I may rewatch it here in a bit since I'm at work on a Saturday. Pbbbt.

If so, there will be a full review and possibly an unsanctioned GWF 4 poster. >_>

(I may just watch Elimination Chamber 2010, though. >___>)

Zach

I propose that Kornflayx be the special guest referee in Beefy's GWF 4 title defense. That's the only way to see whose side he's really on.

Top Bottom