• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

So, that Frank the Clown fuck is doing an AMA and says he's going to be in that Foley reality show.

Why is this a thing that exists?
That goes for Frank, Reddit and Foley's reality show

Syder

I haven't seen many people taking much notice of this 'No DQ' stip in the Triple H/Reigns match that's been turning up on Axxess merch. I don't think I'll be satisfied with Trips retaining through nefarious means, I want them to make me happy with a Reigns win.

Luschient

EVOLVE 58 in 45 minutes, who's watching?

j1TfY2y.jpg

Hmm, place where this show is looks shady af.

cbk

I haven't seen many people taking much notice of this 'No DQ' stip in the Triple H/Reigns match that's been turning up on Axxess merch. I don't think I'll be satisfied with Trips retaining through nefarious means, I want them to make me happy with a Reigns win.

It's far more likely they just have Reigns overcome a bunch of interference and weapons

We need a Strong Style champ, and Nakamura's NXT-only for now

j1TfY2y.jpg

EVOLVE 58, 2016/04/01
Dallas, TX

1. Special Challenge Match: Marty Scurll vs Fred Yehi
2. Special Challenge Match: Sami Callihan vs Ethan Page
3. Special Challenge Match: Ricochet vs TJ Perkins
4. Heroes. Eventually. Die. (Chris Hero & Tommy End) vs Catch Point (Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams)
5. Best in the World Challenge Series: Zack Sabre Jr. vs Will Ospreay
6. EVOLVE Tag Titles: Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway (c) vs The Premier Athlete Brand (Tony Nese & Caleb Konley)
7. EVOLVE Championship Match: Timothy Thatcher (c) vs Matt Riddle

45 minutes?

mother fucker

no I won't be watching

fuck you evolve

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Or, BJW's roster is more readily available to work for other independent promotions, what with them not touring as far afield as Dragon Gate or NJPW.

Dragon Gate dudes can't work a 'not Dragon Gate' style match. Booking them for an indie show is always a bad idea.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, that Frank the Clown fuck is doing an AMA and says he's going to be in that Foley reality show.

Why is this a thing that exists?
That goes for Frank, Reddit and Foley's reality show

people want to beat off to the littlest Foley, Noelle

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's far more likely they just have Reigns overcome a bunch of interference and weapons

We need a Strong Style champ, and Nakamura's NXT-only for now

They add in "no-DQ" stips so that when shenanigans occur nobody can complain that the ref should have called for a DQ.

FWIW it makes me laugh that they did in fact once end a main event of WrestleMania with a DQ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Another reason why ICP's promotion is great - pissed off Juggalos throwing beer and whatever else comes to hand. I'll never forget when Tracy Smothers was damn near trying to incite (another) riot, some dude in the front row took off his jeans, belt and all, and just hurled that at Smothers. Of course, Tracy put them on and danced about, refusing the give the jeans back as the crowd laughed at the now half-nekkid dude. Smothers even wrestled the whole match wearing them. What a treasure he is.

lmao. getting brained when you've got someone else up for a move is dangerous as shit, though. Freak accident can leave forever consequences, so...I'm ok without it. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I understand so I'll let it go.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
people want to beat off to the littlest Foley, Noelle

Much like Hogan Knows Best was a vehicle for Brooke Hogan's failed singing career, the Foley reality show is a vehicle for Noelle Foley to do something in wrestling. As far as I know, she can't wrestle, and apparently Vince thinks she's too tall to be an interviewer, so I don't even know what this is leading to.

Dragon Gate dudes can't work a 'not Dragon Gate' style match. Booking them for an indie show is always a bad idea.

Oh, I dunno - the Dragon Gate/DDT crossover shows are always fun. Also, guys like Mochizuki who started before the Toryumon days are more than capable of working different styles. Fujii as well. And Arai is king of the micro indies.

I like BJW as much as the next guy, but of course Kobashi of all people is going to book the likes of Sekimoto & Hino over the likes of Naito or CIMA. Kobashi likes 'em stronk.

Adree

Pumped for Takeover tonight. I wish Heenan from the 90's would time travel to the PPV and proclaim it "the real world's Wrestlemania." Corbin's awesome promo from yesterday actually somewhat sold me on his match so it's only the Drifter/Crews dud that will drag the show down.

So I'm finally listening to the infamous Punk shoot in which he has to make Roman look strong. Wow is all I can say, that story was hilarious. Then the piss test, aha.

Cross-posting this from the Takeover thread. According to Alvarez on his radio show today, the plan as of a while ago (probably a few months back) was for Bayley to not debut on the main roster until Summerslam. Now of course Vince changes shit by the day, but take from that info what you will.

MoosiferX

I've seen a good handful of Evolve matches, but this'll be my first time watching an entire show. Really looking forward to Sabre and Ospreay. I only recognize about 3/4 of the names on the card though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cross-posting this from the Takeover thread. According to Alvarez on his radio show today, the plan as of a while ago (probably a few months back) was for Bayley to not debut on the main roster until Summerslam. Now of course Vince changes shit by the day, but take from that info what you will.

That's fine. Timing is everything.

If they really want Bayley to be the next Cena, have her go over Asuka tonight. Then every comparison will have been made ☺. Jk but what's there left for her to do down in Florida?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Revival keep cracking me up. They look like two little kids playing at being adults.

If they really want Bayley to be the next Cena, have her go over Asuka tonight. Then every comparison will have been made ☺. Jk but what's there left for her to do down in Florida?

Well the next Takeover isn't until June, so maybe they build to a rematch between her and Asuka for that show, then she moves up in late June/early July.

klonere

Banned

j1TfY2y.jpg

EVOLVE 58, 2016/04/01
Dallas, TX

1. Special Challenge Match: Marty Scurll vs Fred Yehi
2. Special Challenge Match: Sami Callihan vs Ethan Page
3. Special Challenge Match: Ricochet vs TJ Perkins
4. Heroes. Eventually. Die. (Chris Hero & Tommy End) vs Catch Point (Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams)
5. Best in the World Challenge Series: Zack Sabre Jr. vs Will Ospreay
6. EVOLVE Tag Titles: Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway (c) vs The Premier Athlete Brand (Tony Nese & Caleb Konley)
7. EVOLVE Championship Match: Timothy Thatcher (c) vs Matt Riddle

Yeah I'll be watching to bridge to NXT. My friends are going to be watching it with me so that will be interesting I suppose, it may be some of the first time ever watching non WWE wrestling for them. Actually it 100% will be.

Wonder what happens in the main event. I think Riddle winning would be a pretty cool story - wunderkid who is a total asshole but nobody can touch. Maybe Thatcher will go heel. Or Catch Point will interfere. Something's gonna happen!

So I'm finally listening to the infamous Punk shoot in which he has to make Roman look strong. Wow is all I can say, that story was hilarious. Then the piss test, aha.

Vince owes him 4 favors. Also the impressions are so on point where you know most of what he said was true. I love that HHH put a Post-It note on his face on the poster in his office. One of the best non-shoot SHOOT interviews.

He's never gonna comeback if HHH is in charge. Thanks for saving Mania Punk.

Well the next Takeover isn't until June, so maybe they build to a rematch between her and Asuka for that show, then she moves up in late June/early July.
Keep Asuka face only to have her ultimately turn heel in the middle of the build up? If so, that works great. From what I understand she's still face and everyone is expecting her to turn tonight, right?

MG310

Bayley gets done Brock/Cena style by Asuka tonight, then loses a more competitive rematch at Takeover Brooklyn 2 before getting called up.

Sasha is the final boss at next year's Wrestlemania.

Angry Grimace

Bayley gets done Brock/Cena style by Asuka tonight, then loses a more competitive rematch at Takeover Brooklyn 2 before getting called up.

Sasha is the final boss at next year's Wrestlemania.

There will probalby be at least one TakeOver special between now and Brooklyn. SummerSlam is like 4 1/2 months off. Bayley's getting got tonight.

Vince owes him 4 favors. Also the impressions are so on point where you know most of what he said was true. I love that HHH put a Post-It note on his face on the poster in his office. One of the best non-shoot SHOOT interviews.

Yeah that part caught me off guard, you already owe me 3,now another one.

I wonder was he possibly trying to push for he and Bryan to be in the main event together or possibly another triple threat between he, Bryan, and Orton. I'm sure they came up with Batista main eventing Mania as soon as he agreed to come back. So idk. Even I'm confused.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Joe and Nakamura and most the indie guys are supposed to be NXTclusive I thought

Asuka will likely be main roster

Menome

The Revival keep cracking me up. They look like two little kids playing at being adults.

I like the idea of The Revival but they don't seem to have done very much with it. American Alpha got that great vignette and it's something they could do with too. Just have cameras following them around backstage being heel-dicks to everyone.

Adree

I'll take NXT over Punk any day.

Top Bottom