• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

jmdajr

I'm not about to respect people for enjoying muscled up dudes running around in tight clothing saving the day from cartoonish bad guys but sometimes it's "darker" and "edgier" versions of the same shit.

Comics are trash, always have been and always will be.

Is it about respecting the people, or the hobby itself?

I randomly checked WWEshop after Monday's Raw, and they had a BOGO going on, so I bought 4 t shirts - KO, Asuka, Balor club, and Sasha banks. Sasha and Asuka tees are too on the nose, but KO and Balor don't scream wrestling.

The important question - would you wear wrasslin t shirts in your day to day life? I don't get laid so that's not a concern, but I don't want to come off as a huge nerd or something.

The only wrestling shirt I own is the NJPW USA-Tour one. I have some wrestling track jackets from my student/crew days that I'll never wear, too.

Anth0ny

Have more people in their lives' watched wrestling, vs. say....pokemon/dbz?

Dollar for dollar how do they match up?

well wrestling has been around for way longer than anime, especially in the west.

but I know Pokemon makes way more than WWE (and probably the entire wrestling industry combined). that shit is like Star Wars tier, bringing in billions every year.

To be fair $50 is a pretty good deal if you're in the market for a new vest
Plus, it's bulletproof so you don't lose.

What's sad is when you get put through a table that doesn't break. I wonder how do these wrestlers feel when they get put through the hard table and not the flimsy one.

jmdajr

well wrestling has been around for way longer than anime, especially in the west.

but I know Pokemon makes way more than WWE (and probably the entire wrestling industry combined). that shit is like Star Wars tier, bringing in billions every year.

Wrestling us more popular than dbz but not Pokemon

So liking some anime is not like having to wear the scarlet otaku letter. Pokémon, DBZ....um what else? I guess just like WWE. Rock tier fans can still be consider normal.

Pepe is the MVP of Nitro, possibly WCW as a whole.

Holy shit exclusive footage of the Taskmaster attacking Savage on the set of Baywatch.

Kaladin

A wrestler has sent TNA a cease and desist order for gimmick infringement:

pwinsider said:
TNA was sent a cease and desist letter in March regarding TNA performer Crazzy Steve and stable The Decay, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

The cease and desist came from Ohio independent wrestler Justin Carnes, who wrestled for years under the ring name Krimson and claims that TNA is "responsible for infringement of certain copyrights that are owned or controlled by Carnes." Carnes has been wrestling since 2000 under several different names beyond Krimson, including Conrad Kennedy III.

The Krimson character (not to be confused with former TNA wrestler Crimson) is an evil clown.

Carnes is specifically claiming that elements of Crazzy Steve's performance in TNA have been directly lifted from Carnes' work as Krimson, including the usage of red mist, as well as Crazzy Steve's mannerisms, costuming and face paint.

Carnes' letter also stated that in 2010, he created a faction known as the "Dead Wrestler's Society" and that Steve, as a member of TNA factor Decay, "replicated the Dead Wrestling Society model and teamed with certain other wrestlers who were similar in style to him, which is also a blatant use of Carnes’s works."

The cease and desist letter requests that TNA cease all usage of the copyrights Carnes is claiming to own and that the company acknowledge in writing that they will comply with these demands by 4/6. The letter noted that should TNA not comply with Carnes' requests, he could follow through with additional legal actions.

TNA sources acknowledged the company did receive the letter and that it has been referred to their legal team.

Crazzy Steve has been a TNA contracted talent since 2014 and is currently in the midst of his biggest storyline to date with The Decay, a story that will play out over the next several episodes of Impact Wrestling. He has been portraying the same character for the entire run of his TNA career, although it has taken a much darker turn over the course of the formation of Decay.

It should be noted that Carnes has worked as an enhancement talent for TNA in the past, dating back as early as 2004. He has previously claimed that TNA used aspects of his character in the past for the "Joker" version of Sting during his run with the company.

Crazzy Steve:

crazzy.jpg

Krimson:

latest

Edit: Found a new image of Steve with the Decay....I can kind of see it now.

TraBuch

Banned
And I'm done watching through Ultimo Dragon matches. What other WCW cruiserweights should I be watching? Eddie and Mysterio are the obvious ones, but who else? How's this Psychosis dude? I saw a Super Calo match against Rey and he seemed alright but I fucking hate his look. Juventud Guerrera?

And I'm done watching through Ultimo Dragon matches. What other WCW cruiserweights should I be watching? Eddie and Mysterio are the obvious ones, but who else? How's this Psychosis dude? I saw a Super Calo match against Rey and he seemed alright but I fucking hate his look. Juventud Guerrera?
Psycosis and The Juice(Juventud) rule. Also Chavo Guerrero.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Juvi and Malenko make up the rest of the top tier. But honestly almost all of them are good besides Prince Iaukea.

Barrage

Shinsuke's theme is finally up on Tidal. Felt like I was waiting for a game to be ported to the Wii U.

Kidman has a period in late 98-early 99 when hes pretty watchable in the cruiserweight divison.

KingBroly

Banned
I'll say this about NXT. They are REALLY good at near falls. Last night, they had everyone at a near fall thinking it was the finish but it wasn't.

BFIB

Everything anyone likes is complete trash. You should all be ashamed for having hobbies, you bloody cretins.

They say your profession should be your hobby. So does that mean that TL Hopper's hobby was cleaning out shitty toilets? What about Duke The Dumpster Droese? Was his enjoyment being a hoarder going through dumpsters?

They say your profession should be your hobby. So does that mean that TL Hopper's hobby was cleaning out shitty toilets? What about Duke The Dumpster Droese? Was his enjoyment being a hoarder going through dumpsters?

Disco Inferno was originally casted for Saturday Night Fever, but turned it down for WCW

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Japan, WWE, and indie wrestling have completely killed near falls to me.

They're so frequent that they mean nothing now. WWE and indies being the worst because at least Japan falls back on having matches won with non-finishers after kickout fests.

BFIB

I just realized over the years how much Taker got nasty man taint smell up his nose doing his finisher.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Psicosis is my favorite luchador. Love him. Also enjoy Juvina lot.

I also highly recommend Disco Inferno's matches with luchadors. He could hang with them!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Lapsed Fan Starrcade 1997 should be up pretty soon. The real turning point for WCW's final demise is here though many people will put the blame on the 1998 show instead.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's all Nick Patrick's fault.

It goes far beyond that. I've watched all of Hollywood Hogan's matches in 1996 and 1997 before that and he's playing cowardly heel the entire time, winning only by cheating (and losing a fair few matches as well) and suddenly he's fighting Sting, the face of WCW and the avenging angel of the brand like the Megapowers had just exploded.

Top Bottom