• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Aiii

So not worth it
Yo man you need to chill. It's getting weird.

Posting a comment on how shitty Becky Lynch's persona is once or twice a month isn't more weird than constantly posting gifs of Becky Lynch. Lets be honest, now.

I mean, if people insist on posting Becky gifs as if she is the greatest on Earth, I am perfectly within my rights to comment on her fakeness and shitty gimmick, I refuse to be silenced.

Zach

Hardcore Championship just debuted as a gift to Mankind. Foley is still the most interesting and entertaining character in '98. :D

Posting a comment on how shitty Becky Lynch's persona is once or twice a month isn't more weird than constantly posting gifs of Becky Lynch. Lets be honest, now.

I mean, if people insist on posting Becky gifs as if she is the greatest on Earth, I am perfectly within my rights to comment on her fakeness and shitty gimmick, I refuse to be silenced.
People here are so fickle. You pay your fucking bills, you're allowed to say whatever you want. If you hate Becky and think she's boring then you're free to voice your opinion and I'll agree because she's overrated. Hell, I think most of the new divas are overrated anyway. We've been so used to watching shit, we'll take whatever is slightly better and call it the greatest thing ever. I can show you a 3 minutes Aja Kong match better than that WM match.

But as I was saying, you can say whatever you want. I'm sick of people thinking they're the boss around here and trying to silence us. Go run your own website if you want to enforce rules. But you wonder why no one wants to post in here.

belt2kjxt.gif

Zach

People here are so fickle. You pay your fucking bills, you're allowed to say whatever you want. If you hate Becky and think she's boring then you're free to voice your opinion and I'll agree because she's overrated. Hell, I think most of the new divas are overrated anyway. We've been so used to watching shit, we'll take whatever is slightly better and call it the greatest thing ever. I can show you a 3 minutes Aja Kong match better than that WM match.

But as I was saying, you can say whatever you want. I'm sick of people thinking they're the boss around here and trying to silence us. Go run your own website if you want to enforce rules. But you wonder why no one wants to post in here.
What's a "diva"?

>___>

Zach

Remember when Vince McMahon had balls? The Rock is extremely over as a face right now and I'm almost positive he's about to turn heel and join Vince at the next PPV.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The talk about shoots and being wary of what' being said made me think of Real Ass Nash, so I checked the dates.

November 20, 1995 is what that video says is the first instance of Stone Cold Diesel, but this lists Austin's breakthrough ECW promo at October 10, 1995 - more than a month before that.

And, also, Heat was released on December 15, 1995. Not that it matters.

Nash is good in 1993/1994 before he gets the belt, and good in 1995-1998 before he gets the belt. Coincidence?

Man cannot play a straight face without boring people to tears. He comes off as a bully against anyone smaller than him, and everyone his size can't fight. The tweener character in his late WWF run is him at his best, and his only good big man match is in this era against Taker.

Remember when Vince McMahon had balls? The Rock is extremely over as a face right now and I'm almost positive he's about to turn heel and join Vince at the next PPV.
Nah, The Rock is too over. I think they're going to make he an Austin a two man power trip.

Bjork, Woah Woah Woah. In this shoot Billy says that Vince was having an affair with Nancy Benoit. What dee fock?

He was on cruise control. When he left wwe, he was content on being finished. Then they called him up, gave him a big payday, and told him he wasn't travelling. The rest is history. He wasn't afraid to say if something was disappointing on air because the veterans could smell that wCw was in trouble before it was starting to show. That's sad.

He was one of the few that really took notice.

Menome

Good evening friends. I'm on my way back from a wedding where the groom snubbed my congratulatory handshake Triple H/Miz-style, and the bridesmaid I was chatting up for two hours went off with the Best Man in a swerve distraction ending.

RBH

Sting was motivated in 1999?? Why??

He had just come back from an injury and was starting to get clean after having some drug issues in '97-'98. He just seemed to have a little extra bounce in his step when he returned to the ring in early '99 as a result (despite everything else in WCW turning to shit).

“In August, 1998, I had a moment of truth with a confession I made to my wife,” he told Matt Tuthill of Muscle & Fitness. “There was drugs (he’s told church groups that he struggled with painkillers), alcohol, adultery, the whole package. And I wound up coming clean and confessing it all.”

The purging had a rejuvenating effect on both the marriage and the rest of Borden’s life. But few WCW staffers realized that there’d ever been anything wrong.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...more-reminisce-on-stings-career-as-a-wcw-icon

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He had just come back from an injury and was starting to get clean after having some drug issues in '97-'98. He just seemed to have a little extra bounce in his step when returned to the ring in early '99 as as result (despite everything else in WCW turning to shit).

This is correct. Then they do the aborted Sting heel turn and things go back to shit, and his next entertaining run is as the Joker in TNA, and most of that is due to the WTF appeal of it all.

Nash is good in 1993/1994 before he gets the belt, and good in 1995-1998 before he gets the belt. Coincidence?

Man cannot play a straight face without boring people to tears. He comes off as a bully against anyone smaller than him, and everyone his size can't fight. The tweener character in his late WWF run is him at his best, and his only good big man match is in this era against Taker.

Don't get me wrong, I like Nash. But I always found the notion that he paved the way for the Stone Cold character a little ridiculous, not completely false, just... ridiculous.

He had just come back from an injury and was starting to get clean after having some drug issues in '97-'98. He just seemed to have a little extra bounce in his step when returned to the ring in early '99 as a result (despite everything else in WCW turning to shit).

I guess that's where Bischoff's second guessing came from, not that it makes any more sense.

Zach

Good evening friends. I'm on my way back from a wedding where the groom snubbed my congratulatory handshake Triple H/Miz-style, and the bridesmaid I was chatting up for two hours went off with the Best Man in a swerve distraction ending.
Haha...
He had just come back from an injury and was starting to get clean after having some drug issues in '97-'98. He just seemed to have a little extra bounce in his step when returned to the ring in early '99 as a result (despite everything else in WCW turning to shit).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...more-reminisce-on-stings-career-as-a-wcw-icon
Cool. Looking forward to it. Really, though, I'm just looking forward to the Wolfpac going away forever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't get me wrong, I like Nash. But I always found the notion that he paved the way for the Stone Cold character a little ridiculous, not completely false, just... ridiculous.

Of course it is. He's still an early tweener of that era though, and its basically exactly what they should do with Roman Reigns right now. In fact the only times he's ever gotten over even briefly outside of the ring is when he acts like this.

Heel Bret Hart also starts this way before making it all about Canada where he still likes the fans that like him and doesn't give a shit about those that boo him, because well its a logical way for a heel to act.

Remember when Vince told us to Get The F Out

And instead we stayed, justifying the next 12 years of hate thrown our way
Vince was serious. He tried to warn us but we were stupid and stayed. What a shame.

Bjork is about to run through some bodies for this shit talking of Nash.

But Nash often overhyped himself. Nash was good at the beginning with Shawn and when he lost the title. He was good without the belt as, I felt like it hindered him. He could've been like Scott Hall and been one of the best without the best "fake gold" lol.

Gurrry

I finally watched ospreay vs sabre jr

I gotta say, I like zayn vs nakamura way more. im not a big fan on sabre jr's offense, but there were some cool spots in that match.

however, I think ospreay has mega star written all over him. any chance he gets the call for the global cruiser weight tournament?

somedevil

I finally watched ospreay vs sabre jr

I gotta say, I like zayn vs nakamura way more. im not a big fan on sabre jr's offense, but there were some cool spots in that match.

however, I think ospreay has mega star written all over him. any chance he gets the call for the global cruiser weight tournament?

Nope, he is under contract with New Japan. Don't expect anyone from Lucha, New Japan, AAA or ROH in the tournament.

Cuerno was offered a position wanted to go but Lucha said no.

Watching the life of Nick Mondo... I'm pretty sure that's enough hardcore wrestling for the rest of my life, thank you. He happens to be one of the most articulate wrestlers I've heard speak, surprisingly.

Top Bottom