• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Fuck it, I want a brawl for all 2016.

Who would be in it? Brock can't join. Choose 16 guys from the back.

-Del Rio
-Nakamura
-Paul Wight
-Shane Macmahon
-Barret
-Rusev
-Henry
-StroMAN
-Bubba Ray
-Harper
-Swagger
-Shaemus
-Axel
-The Ryback
-JBL
-Lesnar

Let's SHOOT

They don't get paid for video games and Q &A's. There's an anti-trust lawsuit against the UFC going on right now and part of it involves not being paid royalties on anything featuring their likeness.

Punks getting paid for interviews we know that for sure. Some mark was complaining Punk was mean to him during an interview even though they paid him. If he's doing those Comic Con appearances we know that gets him at least 20,000 per appearance. AJ is doing those so she's supporting her deadbeat husband. Punk probably got a nice signing bonus and he won money from Vince a year or two ago.

Nekofrog

Banned
I got confused and thought people were asking for a 2016 Fall Brawl instead of Brawl for All.

I'd totally be down for a modern World War 3.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Remember when Rocky Maivia was booed and hated by everyone but WWE kept pushing him anyway and he main evented 2 Manias in a row without any character change even though the fans still hated him?

NastyBook

I'm sure this will be of big interest to the dwindling numbers of CM Punk nuthuggers that still hang on his every word. That last Punk topic really shaved off a big number of them. That shit was embarrassing.
Which was?
ks+14.jpg
Wow, a fucking GO-BOT? Berried.

Nekofrog

Banned
Wife and I watched raw live for the first time since probably 2003 for me and more for her. We both loved it but turned it off for the main event because we don't care about Roman.

Why doesn't the network stream at a high frame rate like that? Wrestlemania would've been even slightly better than crap if they did. It was glorious to not have the low frame rate judder, everything was so smooth and crisp. The product looks nine thousand times better at a high frame rate.

Have they been broadcasting in a high frame rate for a while?

FyreWulff

Did something change with signs?

I feel like there used to be 5x as many in the crowd.

WWE doesn't allow as many in anymore. There's always a huge pile of confiscated signs at events.

Back when Raw had a bunch of signs, it was because WCW was banning them, so WWE was like "BRING YOUR SIGNS WE'RE COOL".. and now they've done the same thing.

Fox318

WWE doesn't allow as many in anymore. There's always a huge pile of confiscated signs at events.

Back when Raw had a bunch of signs, it was because WCW was banning them, so WWE was like "BRING YOUR SIGNS WE'RE COOL".. and now they've done the same thing.

When I bring a bedsheet I'll have it taped to my chest.

Then I'll unfold it:

"Zach better rate Wrestlemania 2000 F- or there will be people shot on"

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Why does Vince hate freedom?

Kaladin

Cesaro.

So close yet so far.

Has a slick fucking look but still sports all the goofy faces from his last iteration. I know we love cesaro and that he exudes charisma, but for this new look of his to work, he has to drop the fucking smile. You're not here to have a good time, Tony. You should be there to kick some fucking ass and to look good doing it

They finally found what can make Miz entertaining, they will eventually get it with Cesaro.

-Del Rio
-Nakamura
-Paul Wight
-Shane Macmahon
-Barret
-Rusev
-Henry
-StroMAN
-Bubba Ray
-Harper
-Swagger
-Shaemus
-Axel
-The Ryback
-JBL
-Lesnar

Let's SHOOT

Punks getting paid for interviews we know that for sure. Some mark was complaining Punk was mean to him during an interview even though they paid him. If he's doing those Comic Con appearances we know that gets him at least 20,000 per appearance. AJ is doing those so she's supporting her deadbeat husband. Punk probably got a nice signing bonus and he won money from Vince a year or two ago.
I forgot all about ADR.

They should bring in Nunzio for it.

Zach

When I bring a bedsheet I'll have it taped to my chest.

Then I'll unfold it:

"Zach better rate Wrestlemania 2000 F- or there will be people shot on"

I expect your vehement hatred of WrestleMania 2000 to one day blossom into reserved appreciation, and then, into love.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You can literally just watch every single 1997 PPV. Even the worst show, NWO Souled Out, is historically bad while everything else is just plain good up until Starrcade, which is yet again another historical show.

Kaladin

Royal Rumble '97

Let's face it, this was always going to be a two match show with the title match and the Rumble being the focus. Undertaker / Vader got some time along with Goldust / Lord H, but neither were great.

I was kind of interested in the AAA showcase with Héctor Garza, Perro Aguayo, and Canek vs. Jerry Estrada, Heavy Metal, and Fuerza Guerrera. It was a cool side thing seeing these guys on a WWE PPV, and Hector Garza was awesome, but knowing these guys don't mean shit in WWE meant it was just kind of there.

The Royal Rumble this year was okay....so many jobbers and AAA stars though. They did have a small pool of guys that truly mattered and it showed. Stone Cold got a great series where he was tossing fools left and right. But then....

tumblr_mxyyffZW9K1rhly2xo1_r1_400.gif

Brett Hart happened. The Rumble was better from here on out, but not the best. Stone Cold took out Brett and secured his first Mania headline.

The main event was also great. Sid and HBK did some good work in this series. IMO, the Survivor Series match was better, but this comes close. HBK gets his belt back to set up a killer Austin vs Michaels main event at WM 13. Wink wink.

Top Bottom