• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Sephzilla

I will say this as a positive for the NX launching in March. If it actually has a library of games to accompany it at launch, that's going to help it a lot

Gurrry

or did he blade?

Don't be so hard on the dude you guys. None of us understand what its like, (high profile athletes do) When you are at the top of the mountain, for so long, and it defines who you are, and believe me Ric is defined by his career; its hard to deal with life after that.

See Jake documentary. Life is hard when the camera flashes are over, and you are older. Its hard to deal with. Plus he has been through a lot in his life, some of it self inflicted, but man hes been through a lot.

I think we all know its hard for him, but none of us actually know what its like.

However, the more that everyone in his circle continually ignores this stuff, the more likely it is that theyll be burying him earlier than intended.

Before I started watching wrestling again, I stumbled upon that twitch stream promoting WWE 2k13 as it was happening live (yes, the one where JR got fired), and me and my friends could not stop laughing at how obviously wasted Ric was. This was before I knew how bad it was for him.

That was 3 years ago.

Hes still doing the same shit.

I will say this as a positive for the NX launching in March. If it actually has a library of games to accompany it at launch, that's going to help it a lot

Im fine with that, but I am super duper duper duper salty about Zelda being delayed again.

Anth0ny

Twitter says ric flair was so drunk he wasnt allowed to board his plane this morning. He fell and busted his face open.

AqDZ7rr.jpg

wait

he got color in the airport? after drinking a rum and coke?

Have Ryback do a bench press challenge with some jobber or a mark from the stands
Would be a great way to possibly introduce a new guy. Someone who isn't huge but still has amazing strength like Cesaro. Hell, I'd take another Ryborg v Henry feud if they did stuff like that lol.

or did he blade?

Don't be so hard on the dude you guys. None of us understand what its like, (high profile athletes do) When you are at the top of the mountain, for so long, and it defines who you are, and believe me Ric is defined by his career; its hard to deal with life after that.

See Jake documentary. Life is hard when the camera flashes are over, and you are older. Its hard to deal with. Plus he has been through a lot in his life, some of it self inflicted, but man hes been through a lot.
Nah man, he has to get it together. That drinking is not a joke. I'd hate to wake up one day to see the headlines of, "NC wrestling legend Ric Flair, has passed away."

Anth0ny

the nature boy will never die from drinking too much

i'm sure he just juiced for the business to prove he could still work

i'm also sure it sucks to lose a son

Sephzilla

Flair legitimately needs to get his shit together a little bit. I honestly think it's a minor miracle he's managed to live as long as he has. Someone should get Flair on the DDP Yoga treatment.

klonere

Banned
Flair legitimately needs to get his shit together a little bit. I honestly think it's a minor miracle he's managed to live as long as he has. Someone should get Flair on the DDP Yoga treatment.

I do feel sympy for him, he's had it tough but gahdamn if it isn't time to at least try and get off the sauce.

or did he blade?

This just further proves his support network needs to do more to help him. No doubt Flair has the "I'm Ric Flair I do whatever I want attitude", but someone needs to check him and help realize what is going on with his life.

Zach

I agree with everything. But I don't see him changing, especially with the people he hangs with (based off of listening to a few of his podcast episodes).

Conrad Thompson ‏@HeyHeyItsConrad 25m25 minutes ago
Ric is okay. I've spoken to him this morning. Don't believe the hype.
See? Look at this downplaying enabler.

Gurrry

I honestly hope that Payback is the last we see of Flair for awhile.

Not only because I think hes making Charlotte look weak, but also so that he can get his shit together.

However, Im not sure him being alone with a bunch of time on his hands is necessarily the best idea either.

Atleast when hes on RAW he isnt wasted.... right?

MC Safety

Flair managed to don the crimson mask while falling over drunk in an airport? this is incredibly believable, I just wonder if he went through the effort of blading himself or if his forehead is that ruinous that a gust of wind ruptures it.

It's all scar tissue and no tissue up there. Forget about a stiff breeze, furrowing his brow will likely bust him open.

Wednesday night war

ROH (taped from the tour in Japan)
Tetsuya Naito and Jay Lethal vs. Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI
KUSHIDA vs. Frankie Kazarian
Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs. ReDragon & Katsuyori Shibata

I'll give you one guess who takes the fall in Naito/Lethal vs. Okada/YOSHI-HASHI.
The Elite vs.reDRagon and Shibata should be pretty good too.

NXT (no clue, since they seem to be mixing up the taping results a bit, but if this preview is correct, it should be a really good one)
NXT Women’s Championship Match: Asuka (c) vs. Eva Marie
Shinsuke Nakamra vs. "The Drifter" Elias Sampson
NXT Championship Match: Finn Balor (c) vs. Samoa Joe (from last week’s live Lowell house show, so it's not clear if it's the whole match or clips from the match)

Lucha Underground
Cage match for an Aztec Medallion: Brian Cage vs. Johnny Mundo
Trios Championship match: Ivelisse, Angelico, and Son of Havoc vs. Prince Puma, Rey Mysterio Jr and Dragon Azteca Jr vs. Joey Ryan and the Crew vs. Fenix, Jack Evans and PJ Black

It should be another good episode of Lucha Underground tonight too.

Sephzilla

To a certain degree I think keeping Ric with Charlotte is probably better for Ric because then he'll at least be around some people who will (hopefully) keep him in line a little bit. Flair off TV with a bunch of free-time on his hands and no limelight to have could be a bad thing.

Hex

Banned
Apparently that does not constitute a wellness policy violation to the powers that be.
Well...not if you are Ric Flair

somedevil

Lol that's someone desperately trying to downplay the situation. This is how you enable someone. That's a load of shit.

Well according to TMZ he got a cut on his hand and the cops deemed him not drunk and he got on his plane:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/27/ric-flair-airport-drunk-cops-cut-hand/

But we spoke with Airport Police Sgt. Donlon who tells us Flair was NOT intoxicated.
Sgt. Donlon says airport officials got a call for a "man with a cut on his hand" -- and police and medical personnel responded. Flair was treated -- deemed not drunk -- and was allowed to get on his flight.

There was reports of odd behavior but was not drunk according to the cops.

Mahonay

Banned
Well according to TMZ he got a cut on his hand and the cops deemed him not drunk and he got on his plane:

He's Ric Flair. Famous person smoothing things over with the cops even though they're guilty? No that's never happened in the history of anything.

He looks fucked in that picture.

And are we going to pretend this mother fucker isn't drunk every time he's on RAW?

Zach

I apologize to Ric Flair for assuming he was drunk this one time he was not drunk. Hope he's doing okay. Woooooo!

WrassleMania 2000 gets worse with every additional watch.

Why do you keep watching it?!

notworksafe

Wednesday night war

ROH (taped from the tour in Japan)
Tetsuya Naito and Jay Lethal vs. Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI
KUSHIDA vs. Frankie Kazarian
Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs. ReDragon & Katsuyori Shibata

I'll give you one guess who takes the fall in Naito/Lethal vs. Okada/YOSHI-HASHI.
The Elite vs.reDRagon and Shibata should be pretty good too.

NXT (no clue, since they seem to be mixing up the taping results a bit, but if this preview is correct, it should be a really good one)
NXT Women’s Championship Match: Asuka (c) vs. Eva Marie
Shinsuke Nakamra vs. "The Drifter" Elias Sampson
NXT Championship Match: Finn Balor (c) vs. Samoa Joe (from last week’s live Lowell house show, so it's not clear if it's the whole match or clips from the match)

Lucha Underground
Cage match for an Aztec Medallion: Brian Cage vs. Johnny Mundo
Trios Championship match: Ivelisse, Angelico, and Son of Havoc vs. Prince Puma, Rey Mysterio Jr and Dragon Azteca Jr vs. Joey Ryan and the Crew vs. Fenix, Jack Evans and PJ Black

It should be another good episode of Lucha Underground tonight too.
Quite the wrassle night tonight. Not gonna have time to watch all this tonight so I'll have to pick and choose and check out the rest this weekend. That Trios match is gonna be off the hook, damn.

Rewatched NXT Brooklyn and NXT Respect women's wrestling at it's finest. On a related note glad the horrible Divas (dumb name) belt is gone.

Bayley should get a massive push, maybe renew the Bayley vs Sasha Banks feud.

krae_man

WWE sent me a "we want you back" email to get me to resubscribe to the WWE Network promoting the Roman Reigns match at Payback.

Yes, you can win someone back who cancelled their Network subscription after Mania with ROMAN REIGNS.

WWE sent me a "we want you back" email to get me to resubscribe to the WWE Network promoting the Roman Reigns match at Payback.

Yes, you can win someone back who cancelled their Network subscription after Mania with ROMAN REIGNS.

You cancelled because clearly Roman winning was the pinnacle of WWE programming, and you didn't want to see him lose the belt. You can't hide your true feelings from me, friend.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think you guys are a bit confused at the quality of a random Shinsuke Nakamura vs. jobber match vs. a big special against Sami Zayn.

No he's totally fine because the cops let him off this one time. Let's just keep ignoring his massive problem with alcohol. Everything is fine. Something, something, Wooooooooooo

Not quite that glorious.

I know his angle with Charolette works and make sense, but I really wish he was removed from the picture. I feel like at times he's over shadowing what is going on in the ring and in a way holding her back.

Top Bottom