• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Nekofrog

Banned
The only redeeming factor of 2000 HHH, I'd that even when he was pushed as a monster over everybody, once in a while he would look like a total rube against random guys like Taka Michinoku

Sephzilla

what has authority hhh done that was ever memorable? do the job for bryan?

2000-2002 triple h was prime triple h

The entire HHH/Bryan feud was fantastic (aside from Steph). I honestly really liked the Sting/HHH feud aside from the stupid finish at WrestleMania. HHH is what made the HHH/Roman feud mildly interesting. Plus his character simply works a lot better in this current role.

mhs004

He runs talent recruitment, is in charge of the performance center (Google it, if you're unfamiliar) and is indeed in charge of the creative team, the writers, the on-road producers, etc.

He's the head booker for NXT and also picks out who they sign. He has a role in creative on the main roster, although the head booker is still Vince. He's also a character on the show.

Vince still has final say on anything that happens on the main roster (he has no involvement with NXT beyond calling up performers to the main roster).

Stephanie is the Chief Brand Officer, which is basically a Public Relations position for executives who own a lot of stock (despite the fact that Steph also has a PR rep for herself, she is the PR rep for WWE). She's also a character on the show.

Shane is literally just a character who happens to own a few million dollars in shares.

Triple H is essentially being groomed to takeover the company when Vince is gone.

Oh okay. Good for him haha. With nxt being so good i wonder how wwe goes when he takes over.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's a hard sell for the board of directors, which is why he's running NXT. So experience can trump his lack of education.

I don't think it's that hard of a sell because Vince, Steph and HHH are on the board themselves and have a controlling majority of the company.

Oh okay. Good for him haha. With nxt being so good i wonder how wwe goes when he takes over.

Vince uses the Billionaire Steroids that don't cause you to randomly die, so he'll be around for a long time.

Sephzilla

Not as well as NXT, probably. Main show stuff will have more mouths to feed than NXT in terms of appealing to networks and shareholders. If HHH can boot out most of the current regime in favor of some fresh people, its a start. HHH at least manages to keep NXT feeling consistent most of the time, which is one thing WWE does need.

The only worry I have about if/when HHH takes over is that HHH seems to hold a grudge way more than Vince does.

Anth0ny

what did 2000-2002 triple h do other than not do the job for anyone?

the godlike matches with foley

the return in 2002

those alone shit on authority hhh

but to be more specific, it would be 2000 heel hhh (where he did actually do the job when necessary. backlash was the real mania that year!), 2001 before the quad injury, right until mania x8... then it was all downhill from there.

The entire HHH/Bryan feud was fantastic (aside from Steph). I honestly really liked the Sting/HHH feud aside from the stupid finish at WrestleMania. HHH is what made the HHH/Roman feud mildly interesting. Plus his character simply works a lot better in this current role.

fantastic is a strong word to describe any wwe angle in the last 10 years

and you're wrong about sting/hhh and hhh/roman. they were both the absolute shits, seph. the shits.

authority hhh also feuded with punk, remember?

best hhh my booty

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not as well as NXT, probably. Main show stuff will have more mouths to feed than NXT in terms of appealing to networks and shareholders. If HHH can boot out most of the current regime in favor of some fresh people, its a start. HHH at least manages to keep NXT feeling consistent most of the time, which is one thing WWE does need.

The only worry I have about if/when HHH takes over is that HHH seems to hold a grudge way more than Vince does.

I think the problem is that NXT is a lot easier to book and market than the main roster is. The biggest mouth to feed is the USA network, which HHH isn't dealing with in NXT. There's also the problem that NXT's production, talent and marketing budget has gone way up, but that doesn't mean its profitable.

I actually don't understand why NXT isn't marketed to USA as a television program. It has commercial breaks during matches already and it has perfectly competent production values.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it's that hard of a sell because Vince, Steph and HHH are on the board themselves and have a controlling majority of the company.

It will though when Vince dies - so rule Vince out of that.

Angry Grimace

mhs004

I think the problem is that NXT is a lot easier to book and market than the main roster is. The biggest mouth to feed is the USA network, which HHH isn't dealing with in NXT. There's also the problem that NXT's production, talent and marketing budget has gone way up, but that doesn't mean its profitable.

I actually don't understand why NXT isn't marketed to USA as a television program. It has commercial breaks during matches already and it has perfectly competent production values.
Maybe the wwe doesn't want USA to have nxt. The only reasons I sub to the network is for nxt and pay per views. If nxt goes to TV the network may lose a lot of subs.

Angry Grimace

Maybe the wwe doesn't want USA to have nxt. The only reasons I sub to the network is for nxt and pay per views. If nxt goes to TV the network may lose a lot of subs.

But NXT isn't exclusive to the network to begin with. It's been on Hulu for way longer than the network existed and Hulu's already a better value than the WWE network since it also has the edited raw and smackdowns.

mhs004

But NXT isn't exclusive to the network to begin with. It's been on Hulu for way longer than the network existed and Hulu's already a better value than the WWE network since it also has the edited raw and smackdowns.
That's true. Maybe it's just a hard sell for the wwe. It is a development league after all. USA may not care all that much about it.

Angry Grimace

I see Bret Hart is busy putting over himself, his family and his countrymen (roughly in that order) again.

May WrassleGaf |OT| It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread

Yeah, this one wins.

Angry Grimace

Hopefully the NXT taping sets up Joe/Nakamura because they have absolutely nothing going and random Nakamura/jobber matches ain't cutting it.

doooooooooooooooooooooooope
ChJlc-UWIAINpu6.jpg

Baw gawd Vince McMahon is the new wwf champion
..... Wtf? You would've been better off giving it to Ben Stiller. He would've pushed ratings

mhs004

WWE needs moire characters like dude love. More specifically WWE needs dude love to come back and be an announcer or something.

But for real, I want Mick Foley to be an announcer for some reason.

Caderfix

WWE needs moire characters like dude love. More specifically WWE needs dude love to come back and be an announcer or something.

But for real, I want Mick Foley to be an announcer for some reason.

It didn't work... He couldn't work with Vince yelling at him all the time...

Angry Grimace

Why is Corbin/Ziggler on the PPV; Becky Lynch/Emma would legit get more heat than a freakin' Corbin match.

I have a feeling that Corbin is dead on the main roster and Ziggler will again have killed an NXT call-up just like he did with Breeze.

Top Bottom