• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Zach

Here's what if:

A big reason the WWE still has a three hour show is because of the money coming. I don't know what those numbers are but...

If the WWE was to restructure their contracts so they could be a 1 1/2 hour or 2 hour show, but it means the network bumping up to $10-15/month would you be ok with it?

I will never pay more than $10 a month for the Network. And that's a shoot.

klonere

Banned
SNH is better than Raw and Nitro. Well, was.

IFEOoSB.gif

I will never pay more than $10 a month for the Network. And that's a shoot.

The $9.99 model isn't permanent. The fact they've already given up on only one free trial month ever in favor of the Netflix free trial model (any first time user can get one any month whenever) and are talking about hypothetical price raising in surveys should clue you into that. Enjoy the rewatches while you can, friend <3

Zach

Someone actually got my wrassle-related post in that weasel OT thread! :D

Earthbound Zero. You probably only have seven weeks or so until Mother 3.

Oh sh-!

I was day one on Sunset. Classic game.

Oh and whats the walking simulator on ps4 that just came out not too long ago where yu play a ranger or whatev. Any good?

Firewatch. Haven't played it. Would like to give it a go. Still have Yakuza 5 to finish. And Until Dawn. And I've barely touched Killer7. Probably some other crap, too. God!

Zach

The $9.99 model isn't permanent. The fact they've already given up on only one free trial month ever in favor of the Netflix free trial model (any first time user can get one any month whenever) and are talking about hypothetical price raising in surveys should clue you into that. Enjoy the rewatches while you can, friend <3

I will! But they should just continue to offer the $9.99 rate if you commit to six months or whatever. Hike the monthly rate. But whatevz. I can live without it. Try me, Vince!

When you have a theme song that good, all I can do is prsise.

I can't help that SNH gave you the best bang for your buck especially with the old school one hout run time. Now, come fight me.

Nah, you're too frail.

Sunset Overdrive is free right now through Xbox Live Games for Gold.

I know! I gave it a second chance because of that and am happy I did. Great game.

I will! But they should just continue to offer the $9.99 rate if you commit to six months or whatever. Hike the monthly rate. But whatevz. I can live without it. Try me, Vince!

Nah, you're too frail.

I know! I gave it a second chance because of that and am happy I did. Great game.
I'll break you over my bad leg.

And Luger looks like the sasquach in that picture.

Kaladin

I have like zero expectation for it tbqh but am always happy to be proven wrong. I will be paying attention to it as it creeps closer and am in a spot to where i probably could enjoy it for what it is as i havent bought into any hype.

It's just the appeal of the infinite universe and the variety of the sandbox that you'll be exploring in.

I also hope they're right about the size of the space they have and you go most of your play time without meeting a player.

I somehow feel they could have underestimated the appeal and overstated that aspect of the game.

It's just the appeal of the infinite universe and the variety of the sandbox that you'll be exploring in.

I also hope they're right about the size of the space they have and you go most of your play time without meeting a player.

I somehow feel they could have underestimated the appeal and overstated that aspect of the game.

I'm interested in it, I just don't know if it's $60-interested

bjork

Grabbed some games off the JP app store with some anime ladies, and my ipod is charged, so it's time to turn in for the day. Bed by 10:30 am is nice.

Kaladin

Paul Heyman is getting a new reality series, unrelated to the WWE

WWE promoter Paul Heyman is set to bring fans into his other ring &#8212; the offices of New York City-based advertising and marketing firm Looking4Larry Agency.

Left/Right Productions is tag teaming with the legendary squared-circle personality for an unscripted series, TheWrap has learned exclusively. The show will feature what one person at the company called Heyman&#8217;s &#8220;ingeniously dysfunctional&#8221; approach to advertising and marketing. The series comes about after a Yahoo Sports documentary on Heyman and his band of &#8220;Advocates&#8221; went viral during &#8220;WrestleMania 32&#8221; week.

&#8220;It&#8217;s a day in the life of the Looking4Larry agency and all of the many problems that we are forced to solve,&#8221; Heyman described the show for us. &#8220;It&#8217;s the juggling act.&#8221;

The 15-employee Looking4Larry agency stays busy feeding its content deal with Yahoo, which last month was also exclusively reported by TheWrap, creating viral videos for distribution by Disney&#8217;s Maker Studios, running the popular Heyman Hustle website, and promoting clients across social media and other platforms.

https://www.thewrap.com/wwe-paul-he...ry-ad-agency-new-york-left-right-productions/

The Yahoo Sports Documentary : http://sports.yahoo.com/video/inside-paul-heymans-world-advocates-071606071.html

Fox318

Interesting timing. Perhaps The Lapsed Fan has been under your noses all along...
lol.
I still don't get it, what are these podcasts about? What do they do, review the show? Fill me in.

Its a podcast by 2 people who recognize that wrestling used to be better. It features one of the top MMA/Fight sports journlists with his actor/impresionis friend.

To compare here is one segment featuring Dave Meltzer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ktfG6lrjdE

and another showcasing the humor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osCI_WNAl1Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xxFCZeSfRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb8Ih_p2q8A

Zach

I still don't get it, what are these podcasts about? What do they do, review the show? Fill me in.

Well, The Lapsed Fan is a couple of dudes talking about everything that happens in and around a show. The inner workers, what's going on elsewhere, etc. It's just two friends having a good time recapping a show and talking about the wrasslin' business as a whole. It's fun. Try it out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Part 1 is over five hours long.

Considering how much they love to talk about Nash I guess this isn't surprising. Plus this is definitely the point of no return for WCW.

Part 1 of any TLF episode is only the OVERVIEW of the event+emails from fans about their recollection of the event.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
(HOWL)

Wolfpack is back causin' mass destruction
Guess who's here? The Bad Boys of wreslin'
Testin' competition when the war does their mission
Got no mercy
See them race like a streak
If you don't know, you better find out the Wolfpac
Here to prove a point
Number 1, just believe that you don't want to mess with them
I'll be your forward gun
Come in the ring, and then you're never walkin' out again

(Chorus)
Don't turn your back on the Wolfpac
You might wind up in a body bag

You took your chances
Now it's time to show you were wrong
In the ring this is poor,
Are you such that strong?
Day in, Day Out
The Wolfpack for life
Tell the boys with guts to come in the ring tonight
Don't care about the record because you make your own rules
You don't have to takes to fill they shoes
See, it's just a crowd pleaser,
On the ground I leave ya
You're the first to get punked' emenies with these soldiers

(Chorus)
You might wind up in a body bag

Wolfpack is back causin' mass destruction
Guess who's here? The Bad Boys of wreslin'
Testin' competition when the war does their mission (?)
Got no mercy
See them race like a streak
If you don't know, you better find out the Wolfpack
Here to prove a point
Number 1, just believe that you don't want to test it with them
I'll be your forward gun
Come in the ring, and then you're never walkin' out again

(Chorus)