• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Zach

I don't hate Orton. In fact, I find his blandness endearing. But not so endearig that I'd root for him.

He's just the archetypal modern day pro-wrestler. He's managed to hone being middle-of-the-road into an art form. He's got a pose, he's had championships but isn't seen as THE guy, he's got a catchphrased finisher that's just a less exciting Stone Cold Stunner.

Orton just is...Orton.
Yes.

RBH

--There’s been talk of doing some form of The Shield vs. some form of The Bullet Club. It was noted by a source that they likely won’t call it War Games but that type of match is the working idea.

--On a related note, WWE officials have discussed bringing back a War Games type of match for SummerSlam or Survivor Series, depending on how the storylines work out and when certain stars return from injury.
http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/preview-gallows-anderson-rollins-payback/

Barrage

Cena's absence from the show is noticably felt. Orton's best work is behind him.

That being said, there's still a handful of big matches the WWE should get out of them before they hang it up (Orton/Lesnar, Cena/Taker). And having either of them job to Zayn or Joe or Balor-and not geting their win back-could really establish them as players.

Sephzilla

It just occurred to me that The Shield and The Bullet Club are perfectly opposite names for warring wrestling stables

Cena's absence from the show is noticably felt. Orton's best work is behind him.

That being said, there's still a handful of big matches the WWE should get out of them before they hang it up (Orton/Lesnar, Cena/Taker). And having either of them job to Zayn or Joe or Balor-and not geting their win back-could really establish them as players.

I want Orton/Lesnar purely for the F5-into-RKO spot.

ReversalDiamondCutter.gif~c200

Sephzilla

The reason I'm excited for Cena's return is because the Owens/Cena feud showed me that Cena has a lot left in the tank performance wise and could still put on a few really good feuds assuming he stays healthy. Orton by comparison doesn't feel like he has as much left in the tank and his match quality has never been on the same level as Cena.

Cena's overrated
Shield's overrated
Orton's... rated.

Edit: Arn on the Nitro after Halloween Havoc is laying down Steiner math.

Edit 2: Then Ric saying Sting is like all the women they fuck. Lmao, all he needs to do is tell him to kill himself.

Kaladin

The John Cena US Title Open Invitational Tour showed us that all Cena needs is fresh competition. He needs to be challenged to make any angle with him in it worth a damn. We got a long period of fresh challenges for Cena and it was very good mostly every week....sometimes even the best parts of Raw.

klonere

Banned
How is it that Marty Scrull's PROGRESS entrance feels more modern and better produced than most WWE entrances right now. Getting embarrassed by some Britbongs playing to 800 lovable drunkards.

kevin-dunn-wwe.jpg

The John Cena US Title Open Challenge was easily the best part of most Raws

Killed his finisher though. Like, Stardust could kick out of that shit now and I wouldn't be surprised. They let Owens kick out of the super second rope AA as well.

Protect your finishers for fuck sake.

Sephzilla

Killed his finisher though. Like, Stardust could kick out of that shit now and I wouldn't be surprised. They let Owens kick out of the super second rope AA as well.

People were kicking out of Cena's finisher well before the US title run

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People were kicking out of Cena's finisher well before the US title run

Like...a decade before.

The Accolade is the only decently protected finisher right now.

That and Tyler Breezes finisher
because he always loses way before he gets his finish in.

JTripper

So I cancelled my Network this month but it said I can still watch it up to May 1st. Does this mean I'll be able to watch until 11:59pm May 1st after Payback or 12:00am Saturday night?

I wasn't really a Terri Runnels fan. A lady smoking a cigar is a major turnoff for me
Cigar? I never really noticed the cigar 😃.

Bulldog and Holly are becoming my favourites. They definitely need the strap on them. BulldBulldog is long overdue. And if got can turn your career around from sparky, you definitely need to be compensated.
So I cancelled my Network this month but it said I can still watch it up to May 1st. Does this mean I'll be able to watch until 11:59pm May 1st after Payback or 12:00am Saturday night?
After the first, it's gone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

May 1st you do not have access.

How is it that Marty Scrull's PROGRESS entrance feels more modern and better produced than most WWE entrances right now. Getting embarrassed by some Britbongs playing to 800 lovable drunkards.

kevin-dunn-wwe.jpg

Which is why he had to deliver 4-5 every pay per view to get a pin fall.

Zach

What if wise old man Cena has realized his finisher is ineffective on today's advanced athletes and he debuts a new finisher upon his return?

:O

Maybe even a new look?

No more goofy shorts?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The way these dudes flip around in modern wrestling its only a matter of time until someone gets paralyzed or worse in the ring. I mean, they've got Sami Zayn doing a backflip over the top ropes 4 days a week.

you are aware Droz is a quadreplegic because of that right
Yes, that's the shit that fucked up D'Lo too. D'Lo blames himself but Droz continously tells him that it wasn't his fault. It's something like he was wearing baggy clothes and D'Lo lost grip. I'd be like, fuck it. But the move, that running powerbomb is kinda dangerous. If you watch SummerSlam 98, you'll see him almost mess up Val with it. He's strong but that's a tricky move.

Mainly, I just knew it as a broken neck.

TheFuzz

Disco was the first wrestler that 12yr old me thought "this guy is FnP."

Always liked him, dude was an 80s character in a 90s world and made it work.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just wait till Jeff Jarrett shows up.
I'm all for Jeff Jarrett so long as he has barely shows up and when he does it's some kind of El Kabong based gimmick and he goes around concussing(in kayfabe son) wrestlers with failing gimmicks with a guitar only for them to return next week with a different gimmick. You all now secretly want this.

fl5kmQo.png

KABONG FOREVER *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*

Top Bottom