• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

0Sn9nTx.gif
What's Danny Devito doing?

It's almost like it takes time to update these models and they only have a year to pump out each game.
I get that, it's still jarring. Wasn't focused on the gif at first and it seemed like actual footage until it cut to the entrance way. Also Heyman's body looks better than his face

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So upon reflection I really like Enzo & Cass.

Am I right to feel like Enzo probably isn't that great on the mic but he has some great one liners?

Reminds me of the Road Dogg.

Syder

AJ vs. Roman is probably just a random match on Raw, really.
that would be wack. the dude was crying in the ring after the cameras were off and everything.

they should give him the match at their next ppv. which is only less than a month away anyways.
Payback is May 1st. Extreme Rules is May 22nd. I predict they'll feud for both PPVs with Roman winning both. Hopefully AJ wins Money in the Bank or something. Need to get used to the idea of Roman holding that belt 'til SummerSlam.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We've been over this. My friends and I went a lot one summer. In a bowling alley. We even got in the ring once with Petey Mac.

Maguire's a great guy but he is a promoter.

Payback is May 1st. Extreme Rules is May 22nd. I predict they'll feud for both PPVs with Roman winning both. Hopefully AJ wins Money in the Bank or something. Need to get used to the idea of Roman holding that belt 'til SummerSlam.

I got really good seats for Extreme Rules. Pumped to go even if I have to deal with Roman going over AJ

I could see Sami Zayn getting the MITB win, underdog guy who wouldn't necessarily be in the title picture (right now) getting a shot

Bubba T

Zach Ryder wins MITB just to get it jacked by Rollins that same night. Seth cashes in next night to screw Roman over again

Fox318

Main Event Spoilers

Main Event Taping

Rich Brennan and … Jerry Lawler were introduced for commentary (before the dark match). Greg Hamilton was ring announcer.

(1) New Day beat The Ascension at 8:45. Double-team combo finished off Viktor. Lots of dancing and celebrating of the remaining Booty O from WrestleMania.

Tonight: Paige vs. Emma.

(2) Baron Corbin beat Fandango at 2:19 with End of Days. Basic match. Apparently Corbin’s deal will be screaming at refs. Only thing that got a reaction during the match.

(3) Paige beat Emma at 11:41. This was announced as a “women’s division” match. And it was darn good. Really impressive, snug, physical match. Emma has really found herself as a wrestler again. Paige got a Standing O after she won with Ram-Paige.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

There's no reason to think Roman is even threatened until Rollins is back.

Kaladin

Huh, Extreme Rules is the first night of my week long honeymoon. Looks like it'll be the first WWE PPV in as long as I can remember that I won't watch live.

Worth it.

Zach

Finally watched Nakamura/Zayn! It was amazing. I'm shocked by the crummy camera angles from the time Nakamura came off the ropes to his finish, though. Even on the replays, it was crappy. The view from my seat was actually more enjoyable. Craziness.

Anyway, I'll watch it again soon. Awesome stuff.

Syder

Main Event Spoilers

(3) Paige beat Emma at 11:41. This was announced as a “women’s division” match. And it was darn good. Really impressive, snug, physical match. Emma has really found herself as a wrestler again. Paige got a Standing O after she won with Ram-Paige.
I actually want to see this. This could've been a decent SmackDown match... or hell, even RAW.

Son Of D

I'd watch Countdown if it was on the network.

Surprised they don't add the WWE films to the network after a while. Unless streaming deals with Netflix prevent it.

I actually want to see this. This could've been a decent SmackDown match... or hell, even RAW.
Same here. Hopefully we start seeing those two in the title picture. They'd be good opponents for Charlotte before Summerslam.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I just can't imagine even Vince being stupid enough to put AJ against Roman and expecting Roman to be over. Then again, maybe he's just a heel who thinks he's a face that's been his character all along.

Angry Grimace

Poor Sami doesn't even have any merch to shill the way Owens does

RBH

Smackdown spoilers so far:

* WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns kicked off SmackDown to a big reaction, mostly boos. Reigns cuts a promo similar to RAW, about how he’s “THE” guy, not good or bad. AJ Styles comes out to a big pop and they trade promos. Reigns talks down to AJ and leaves the ring with AJ looking on. Styles and Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho is announced

* The Vaudevillains vs. Sin Cara and WWE United States Champion Kalisto is first. Good pop for Aiden English and Simon Gotch in their debuts.Kalisto took the pin after a double team. The Vaudevillains celebrated after the match.

* Natalya beat Summer Rae via submission in a women’s division match. Charlotte and Ric Rlair joined commentary. More like Charlotte was on commentary and Flair just sat next to her. Natalya put Summer in the Sharpshooter right in front of Charlotte. Post-match stare down. They got out quick, but Flair was a little slow exiting. Charlotte had to come back and get him. “C’mon dad!”

Apparently Finn was one of Trips' minions for his entrance.

I like the idea that NXT is really just a talent farm for his Mania entrances.

Angry Grimace

Well he has medical gear now

As much as an Owens/Zayn feud is cool, I feel like its a feud they don't need to actually start Sami with. I really felt like Zayn/Wyatt would have been a better program to build both sides up putting on good matches.

Apparently Finn was one of Trips' minions for his entrance.

The entire NXT roster were apparently the minions

Honestly I was like 6 beers in and don't remember anything but Steph's outfit. I don't really remember the match, even, I was mostly playing Magic online and tuning out because the event was so goddamn long.

Fox318

* The Vaudevillains vs. Sin Cara and WWE United States Champion Kalisto is first. Good pop for Aiden English and Simon Gotch in their debuts.Kalisto took the pin after a double team. The Vaudevillains celebrated after the match.\

You hear that? That's all the champ cred going out the window.

Lol at people thinking Reigns heel turn.
"They boo who they normally cheer maggle! Bizarro world, crazy fans, got my head up Vince's ass!"

Syder

Poor Sami doesn't even have any merch to shill the way Owens does
WWE don't want to sell Harrington jackets.
I just can't imagine even Vince being stupid enough to put AJ against Roman and expecting Roman to be over. Then again, maybe he's just a heel who thinks he's a face that's been his character all along.
Seems like the decision to put AJ, probably the biggest face at the moment, against Reigns has already been made. I feel like in the future they're going to re-edit and unmute WrestleMania 32's boos to use in Reigns promos to make it seems like they deliberately made the biggest heel in the company.

You smart.

* WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns kicked off SmackDown to a big reaction, mostly boos. Reigns cuts a promo similar to RAW, about how he’s “THE” guy, not good or bad. AJ Styles comes out to a big pop and they trade promos. Reigns talks down to AJ and leaves the ring with AJ looking on. Styles and Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho is announced
Kinda funny thinking about those Mania comments about AJ being buried. He made his debut January 24th and he's No. 1 contender for WHC by April 4th. Also,
Styles & Cesaro
is a decent pairing.

Toki767

I'm just imagining Reigns doing Bo Dallas' NXT champion gimmick. It could be pretty amazing if Reigns goes all in on the cheese.

They'd never do it though.

Fuck this dude is primed for great heel status and these WWE fuckers are so against it

Look at that. Hes got the bad guy swagger, and that's the most genuine mic moment he's had since ever. Embrace the boos. Don't have the commentators try to fight it

Toki767

Fuck this dude is primed for great heel status and these WWE fuckers are so against it

Look at that. Hes got the bad guy swagger, and that's the most genuine mic moment he's had since ever. Embrace the boos. Don't have the commentators try to fight it
His mannerisms when everyone was fighting around him and he just stood back was legitimately great if he was a heel.

Top Bottom