• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

He's a CHUMP

TCNyYK.gif

https://giant.gfycat.com/ArcticDelayedDassierat.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Breh, that's a 128MB gif.

[quote="Toki767, post: 200273534"]His mannerisms when everyone was fighting around him and he just stood back was legitimately great if he was a heel.[/QUOTE]
[quote="Discotheque, post: 200274380"]Forreal. He looked at aj and sami like they were ants[/QUOTE]

He has no time for those indie fools.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jaDIg08.gif

ntU8uNf.gif

Zach

Impact Wrestling is weird.

- Who is this commentator? Jesus Christ, he's terrible.
- The crowd. Oh, the crowd.
- Jeff Hardy looks healthy. Too bad his schtick makes me long for Roman Reigns.
- I'm kind of enjoying weirdo Matt Hardy, along with his entourage that includes his small child (I think you guys would consider this extremely carny).

Anyway, kinda fun to watch once. Like, in a Battle Dome sort of way.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
EDIT: On second thought, yeah, this is the slow burn towards heel. That way you have Rollins go face against him when he returns, and set up for Summerslam vs Reigns.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Impact Wrestling is weird.

- Who is this commentator? Jesus Christ, he's terrible.
- The crowd. Oh, the crowd.
- Jeff Hardy looks healthy. Too bad his schtick makes me long for Roman Reigns.
- I'm kind of enjoying weirdo Matt Hardy, along with his entourage that includes his small child (I think you guys would consider this extremely carny).

Anyway, kinda fun to watch once. Like, in a Battle Dome sort of way.

I just can't do it anymore, not without Review an Impact. Matt Hardy is fun though.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
So now we're working ourselves into a shoot that he'll get over once he goes heel?

I think he has long-term Cena "heel" potential; in that the segment of the audience that wanted Cena to turn heel wanted Cena to do so because that way they could cheer Cena. Which makes said audience more or less sort of dumb.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Does the commentator grow on you? Because I almost had to turn it off immediately. And I've been wincing ever since.

Is it still Josh Mathews and The Pope? They suck. Better than Mathews and Tazz though. Why they don't use Iron Mike Tenay is anyone's guess, maybe he has a per appearance contract?

Zach

Yeah, I think it's Josh Matthews. The Pope is wrestling Lashley right now. So he's not the other guy. The color guy is "J.B."?

that would be wack. the dude was crying in the ring after the cameras were off and everything.

they should give him the match at their next ppv. which is only less than a month away anyways.
Which dude was crying, roman or aj?

I'm wondering if we should expect an angle where roman turns heel and aligns with Vince who is feuding with Shane who is trying to find the man to take down reigns.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SD spoiler

Dean's next feud teased with a look exchange on the ramp

It's with Jericho lmao
Well Jericho can make him look strong.

Dunno why they didn't call up Samoa Joe if they need heels. There really aren't that many angles going I guess. I suppose this is the PPV where Corbin gets a match before being dumped on Main Event.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mongo is over. Mongo is nowhere near the worst wrestler. Hell considering when that match takes place its arguable he's the better wrestler of the two at that time.

UberTag

Feuds that Dean Ambrose has won... ummm... c'mon, I'll think of one eventually if I try hard enough... does Kevin Owens count?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Feuds that Dean Ambrose has won... ummm... c'mon, I'll think of one eventually if I try hard enough... does Kevin Owens count?
Yes? Owens is like the top heel at this point. Seriously who else is even vaguely credible?

Angry Grimace

The more I think about it the more BS it is that Samoa Joe isn't called up. Dude can work a goddamn mic and can fucking work and that's not something you can say about any of the heels other than Owens who is instantly locked up with Zayn until goddamn SummerSlam.

KingBroly

Banned
I still can't figure out why they're doing Charlotte and Natalya...AGAIN

It just highlights how dumb of a decision it was to keep Charlotte as Champion.

Angry Grimace

Because they had a great match at Roadblock and it's dumb to have nobody be relevant other than the Four Horsewomen?

Fox318

They want to keep the belt on her till Summerslam or HHH convinces Vince to have the Women main event a ppv.

Fox318

This Hogan-Sting match should serve as proof that you don't need crazy workrate to have a main event.

These guys are working slow and the match has stakes. The win matters to the crowd.

Reason why somebody like Roman has a hard time getting over today is that the wins don't matter so fans want to see either excellence in workrate or promo ability.

Carnby

If you don't know the story, a little boy was giving a presentation on him and she interrupted him and helpfully informed him that adults don't like John Cena because John Cena sucks, and the teacher did not like that at all.

Yet he's in match of the night on every PPV he wrestles on... Yeahokay.gif.

UberTag

This time it's for the Women's Championship instead of the Divas Championship.
See... it's entirely different. Charlotte's accessory is different. Just think of it as a new purse.

Angry Grimace

I think they'll go towards Sasha vs Bayley as their main roster main event on an off-brand PPV, tbh. Those two have consistently delivered.
Nah they run so many PPVs they can run whatever Sasha finally gets over with as this. Just random curiosity and publicity alone makes it worth it now that they employ women who are just as good as the men.

The rumor is that Vince has a typical Vince wrestler-boner for Sasha Banks.

Zach

This Hogan-Sting match should serve as proof that you don't need crazy workrate to have a main event.

These guys are working slow and the match has stakes. The win matters to the crowd.

Reason why somebody like Roman has a hard time getting over today is that the wins don't matter so fans want to see either excellence in workrate or promo ability.

Interesting...

Top Bottom