• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Drink when Ric Flair interrupts
Drink when Ric Flair talks about HHH
Drink when JBL brings up the Von Erichs or Texas
Drink when Mick Foley talks about HIAC or Wrestlemania Moment
Drink when Cole says "As Legends of Wrestling rolls on"
Drink when JBL says Maggle
Drink when JBL throws a pretend hissy fit at Cole

I doubt either of these will happen because it's a "Wrestlemania memories" themed show and it's titled "Legends of Wrestlemania" not the usual "Legends of Wrestling".

somedevil

Well the interest in ROH is high with this line for the show:

BkavDCICIAEIC8E.jpg

PInk Tape

Banned
So I finally got to watch Raw and I just finished watching the death of the yes movement segment.... The first few moments were pretty good; the flavor of the week thing was alright. But then they got to Fandango and things started to get bumpy. Then the mother of all burials came and I was taken aback by it. I know that H is playing the burying role but that was a bit much...

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Come on man. I know you are a TNA mark, but of ALL the things you can say may be decent about TNA, you choose storylines? Really?

I'm not commenting on the quality of the stories as a whole, some are good, some are bad and some are dumb but they are stories. There are so many segments in WWE with nothing matches and segments that lead to nothing. Every segment on Impact moves along the stories for the characters involved. That's all I was saying.

kiguel182

Man, I wish JR was still commentating. Or at least someone that followed the same style. It elevates this match so much.

The way he gets pissed when Flair intervenes is amazing. If this was today JBL would be laughing and Cole would give his dead delivery while King would just say some random thing.

We really need be better commentary.

Also, what an anti-climatic finisher.

strobogo

Banned
Man, I wish JR was still commentating. Or at least someone that followed the same style. It elevates this match so much.

The way he gets pissed when Flair intervenes is amazing. If this was today JBL would be laughing and Cole would give his dead delivery while King would just say some random thing.

We really need be better commentary.

Also, what an anti-climatic finisher.

That match up to the finish is one of my favorite matches from either guy, but there was no reason to leave such a long gap between hitting the pedigree and making a pin. Made Booker look so bad.

kiguel182

That match up to the finish is one of my favorite matches from either guy, but there was no reason to leave such a long gap between hitting the pedigree and making a pin. Made Booker look so bad.

I really enjoyed the match. Booker T is agile as fuck and HHH is at the top of his game. Flair is also a great manager, just a sleazy bastard.

Yeah, that gap didn't made sense and it was also one of those "outta nowhere" moments where the crowd took their time to react. Doesn't feel quite right in a big matchup.

On a side note, does anybody know if the WWE Network will allow for choosing specific matches instead of going with the full PPV?

I'm not commenting on the quality of the stories as a whole, some are good, some are bad and some are dumb but they are stories. There are so many segments in WWE with nothing matches and segments that lead to nothing. Every segment on Impact moves along the stories for the characters involved. That's all I was saying.

I'll give you that. TNA actually has a story for most guys on the roster, even if the stories aren't very good.

He really is a more boring version of Orton in the ring.

I agree somewhat, but definitely not in this case. The headlocks actually made sense within the story of the match. Orton just does headlocks to do headlocks.

Jack Taylor new episode takes precedent over Legends of Wrestlemania, especially since it's clearly gonna be filtered

When is it on though

His girlfriend (fiance?) has a "match" at the biggest show of the year. If he did go, why couldn't it be just to support her?

I meant if he was flying in to be on the show. I feel like he would attract to much attention being there for AJ, and attention seems like something he is actively avoiding at the moment.

Showaddy

I agree somewhat, but definitely not in this case. The headlocks actually made sense within the story of the match. Orton just does headlocks to do headlocks.

Problem is thought when he's not wrestling an amazing seller like Zayn his matches are really, really boring. He's got so few dynamic moves in his arsenal that he really struggles to carry an interesting match.

Problem is thought when he's not wrestling an amazing seller like Zayn his matches are really, really boring. He's got so few dynamic moves in his arsenal that he really struggles to carry an interesting match.

I think his look and the way he carries himself is what could get him over. I don't think he is amazing in the ring or on the mic, but I think he is good enough to carve out a nice midcard, at most upper midcard, spot for himself.

jred2k

Oh boo this is pretty much what expected

Safe talking points
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't shift into WM30 hype mode so abruptly. As it is it feels really jarring when they talk behind the scenes stuff and then all of a sudden switch to "...but can Brock beat the streak?"

Good god, Rourke and Flair hanging out together must have been quite the liver-destroying event.

strobogo

Banned
Oh no bros, I'm almost out of booze and Indiana doesn't sell alcohol on Sundays. But I've had some to drink already. I'll be a son of a bitch.

So should I continue watching this? Started late and 10 minutes in and Mick said some cheesy joke and Ric looks pissed and they're not really saying anything new.

Top Bottom