• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

ghostmind

6Q2Iaxc.jpg

Nak is spent.

Great PPV overall!

Nak vs. Tanahashi and Ishii vs. Naito being the stand out matches by far.

Not hyped about more Gracies, but that too shall pass.

Meltzer said a few months back that there was talk of splitting New Japan into two touring groups and, while that doesn't seem to be panning out, it does seem like we're getting one show headlined by the IC title, one show headlined by the HW title. So, Gracies vs Saku/Nak and Okada vs AJ at Dontaku, I'd guess.

Also, the 2014 NJPW theme sounds entirely like Dynasty Warriors level music.

Naito/Ishii was probably match of the night for me, but Tana/Nakamura was great as well. Good show overall, although the 1st half wasn't great outside of the jr's tag match opener.

I'm thinking that NJPW might be attempting a serious attempt at getting a US market.

I mean people may hate Styles, but it's a recognizable name for US fans I guess.

I won't be surprised to see Styles hold a title before the ROH events.

Xater

Watching Alex Navarro play Wrestlemania 2000 I can't help but think about the alternate timeline in which Aki went on to make all wrestling games.

D0SrEA6.jpg

Huh, wonder why that wasn't done in the ring?

Probably because there's not been any interaction between the two, that I can remember, and KUSHIDA's not had any build as a potential singles competitor. It's a really random title defence, but I'd guess Ishii's going to go through a lot of those sort of random defences to get him over as a fighting champion. The fact that the NEVER belt's openweight makes things interesting, as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So Serenewarfare had a great time? GOOD.

Looking forward to watching Invasion Attack on...I guess Tuesday. I can't watch this much wrasslin at once.

Poster for Best of the Super Jr's, confirming the New Japan talent for the tournament;

cK6i7UR.jpg

Not sure how many spots are left open - the past 4 years have had 18 participants, but the number of dates on the tour is down to 8 from 10 last year and 12 the year before, so I'd guess at there being 16 spots in total this year.

Any ideas? There'll probably be one or two from CMLL, maybe someone from NOAH. I'd pick;

. Ricochet
. Zack Sabre Jr.
. Titan or Volador Jr.
. TAKA Michinoku, or someone from K-Dojo

chunk3rvd

So I'm guessing the BOSJ lineup confirms Devitt will be gone by then? What do people think is going on with him? Looks like we may get a few more bonus NJPW matches out of him - Summer of Punk style - so he can tie up storyline loose ends then he heads to WWE? Thinking I need to hurry up and book tickets to PCW later this month so I can catch one of his final live pre-WWE performances

So I'm guessing the BOSJ lineup confirms Devitt will be gone by then? What do people think is going on with him? Looks like we may get a few more bonus NJPW matches out of him - Summer of Punk style - so he can tie up storyline loose ends then he heads to WWE? Thinking I need to hurry up and book tickets to PCW later this month so I can catch one of his final live pre-WWE performances

He's likely waiting for a work visa to be sorted out and to be given his start date at the performance center - in the meantime, he's got a few commitments to a few UK promotions, PCW, Southside, RPW and ICW, which he should be done with by May 4th, but it's unclear how many more dates he'll work for New Japan. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the Wrestling Dontaku card on May 3rd, but I'd hazard a guess at that being his final booking in Japan.

Xater

He's likely waiting for a work visa to be sorted out and to be given his start date at the performance center - in the meantime, he's got a few commitments to a few UK promotions, PCW, Southside, RPW and ICW, which he should be done with by May 4th, but it's unclear how many more dates he'll work for New Japan. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the Wrestling Dontaku card on May 3rd, but I'd hazard a guess at that being his final booking in Japan.

I wonder how quickly we will see Devitt on TV. Be it NXT or the main roster.

chunk3rvd

Revolution Pro have announced Devitt vs Josh Bodom for their May 10th show in Birmingham. I'm guessing he'll drop the Cruiserweight title there and that could be his last indy date?

Ithil

Poster for Best of the Super Jr's, confirming the New Japan talent for the tournament;

cK6i7UR.jpg

Not sure how many spots are left open - the past 4 years have had 18 participants, but the number of dates on the tour is down to 8 from 10 last year and 12 the year before, so I'd guess at there being 16 spots in total this year.

Any ideas? There'll probably be one or two from CMLL, maybe someone from NOAH. I'd pick;

. Ricochet
. Zack Sabre Jr.
. Titan or Volador Jr.
. TAKA Michinoku, or someone from K-Dojo

Noticeably absent is one Mr Devitt. He's going to be WWE by the summer, I assume.

Revolution Pro have announced Devitt vs Josh Bodom for their May 10th show in Birmingham. I'm guessing he'll drop the Cruiserweight title there and that could be his last indy date?

Ah, I hadn't noticed that May 10th date - yeah, that's the last indy date he has booked as far as I can tell. Would be a big win for Bodom, but it makes sense as he's on a bit of a roll in RPW, with two big victories over Jay Lethal and El Ligero already this year.

Xater said:
I wonder how quickly we will see Devitt on TV. Be it NXT or the main roster.

Meltzer reckons Devitt will have a short stay in NXT to get used to working in WWE, but he will then be on the main roster fairly soon.

strobogo

Banned
The precedent is there: ADR spent about 3 months in FCW and then started out as a main event heel on Smackdown. I think he was almost immediately put on the touring group for house shows and dark matches as well.

Ithil

The precedent is there: ADR spent about 3 months in FCW and then started out as a main event heel on Smackdown. I think he was almost immediately put on the touring group for house shows and dark matches as well.

Don't forget he was to be a "big deal, pretty quickly." They planned when they signed him for him to eventually be built into the number two babyface behind Cena, and the number one face for the Mexican market.
We can only hope they have similarly high hopes for Devitt. He is more talented than ADR overall.

KissVibes

Banned
I kinda-sorta think Prince Devitt shows up tomorrow and takes somebody out. They don't have him wrestle on TV and instead save his debut for Extreme Rules, where he wrestles someone experienced enough to not have the style differences look weird as shit. A guy like Cesaro or Christian, maybe.

He's probably Paul Heyman's new guy.

http://i.imgur.com/cK6i7UR.jpg[IMG]

. Ricochet
. Zack Sabre Jr.
. Titan or Volador Jr.
. TAKA Michinoku, or someone from K-Dojo[/QUOTE]

God, the young bucks look so fucking stupid. The one on the left especially.

"Lita wasn't a woman. She was a chick!" If Michael Hayes isn't an equal opportunity/HR nightmare.

And WWE could easily replicate the excitement of Lita/Trish today with several of the Divas. The division is pretty deep with Nattie, Emma, A.J., Naomi (to an extent), Summer Rae (to an extent), Brie (to an extent).

strobogo

Banned
It pains me because I'm defending Michael Hayes, but I know what he's trying to say. Lita wasn't Miss Elizabit. She was a bad ass who fought and would drink you under the table. Chick is a weird way to put it, though, even in a PG sense.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stole a picture of mechashiva's where a photo was taken seconds before he was instructed to throw Low Ki out of the building:
isgJZIK.jpg

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
This girl that I am kind of seeing wants to start watching wrestling so I said that I would send her some links to a few different kinds of wrestling to see if anything caught her attention. Anybody have any match suggestions to get people's interest? I don't even know where to start haha

Also, no Naito heel turn :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

He could've just said she was one of the guys, a tom boy, she transcended gender, etc. No need for calling her a chick, female dog, butch, etc.

The company will be much better once McMahon, Hayes, Taylor, etc are gone. None of this hypocritical be a star non sense, stereotypes, etc.

Getting mad over the 'chick' comment is James Franco levels of overreacting

And I'm watching the Ceremony so it just stuck out to me. It's not a huge deal or let's sign a petition or march on Washington.

Hahaha! Low Ki's return was interesting. He didn't miss a beat but he was having fun this time. When I was talking to him I mentioned it was good to see him fight again and he said "yeah, but I'm not getting any younger"
He wasn't all super cereal like normal. It was cool.

strobogo

Banned
This girl that I am kind of seeing wants to start watching wrestling so I said that I would send her some links to a few different kinds of wrestling to see if anything caught her attention. Anybody have any match suggestions to get people's interest? I don't even know where to start haha

Also, no Naito heel turn :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Start her off with Rick Rude. Give her some Steamboat/Rude at Beach Blast 92. She'll be distracted by the beauty of those men and then get hooked on the match. If she likes the match, she's a keeper.

He could've just said she was one of the guys, a tom boy, she transcended gender, etc. No need for calling her a chick, female dog, butch, etc.

The company will be much better once McMahon, Hayes, Taylor, etc are gone. None of this hypocritical be a star non sense, stereotypes, etc.

And I'm watching the Ceremony so it just stuck out to me. It's not a huge deal or let's sign a petition or march on Washington.

What has Terry Taylor said to put him in the same category as Hayes? Besides being a stooge for whoever he's working for, I haven't really heard bad things about him.

Top Bottom