• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Zach

Sorry if this has been covered. I just finished watching the Hall of Fame ceremony. Did Triple H leave during Warrior's speech? What's up with that?

Renee Young WrestleMania Countdown...

sI65cVi.jpg

If you're from a family that has a history with drug abuse that Jake the Snake acceptance speech is ROUGH to watch. Wow...

Definitely a product of his environment, the Apple not falling far from the three or the vicious cycle. I grew up without a dad. Without that pillar and a nurturing environment, I can see how Jake life turned out the way it did. I'm glad people like DDP were still there in his life.

Also the Razor induction was breaking kayfabe except for him going in as Scott Hall or his career out of the WWE. It's so contrived.

Carlos Colon was a major bladder. Ouch.

And Mr T.'s speech was great to motivate kids but not a Wrasslin HOF induction.

In suit Santino looks so normal in a suit it's amazing. Maybe I just notice that because guys like Cena always wear suits that fit terribly.

Yeah, I don't know why he doesn't get his suits tailored. He looks ridiculous. But then again his huge frame doesn't suit itself to rocking slim fitted suits.

On the Colon Induction. Can't believe it was due to a drug deal.

strobogo

Banned
Definitely a product of his environment, the Apple not falling far from the three or the vicious cycle. I grew up without a dad. Without that pillar and a nurturing environment, I can see how Jake life turned out the way it did. I'm glad people like DDP were still there in his life.

Also the Razor induction was breaking kayfabe except for him going in as Scott Hall or his career out of the WWE. It's so contrived.

Carlos Colon was a major bladder. Ouch.

And Mr T.'s speech was great to motivate kids but not a Wrasslin HOF induction.

And Jake's dad was not a good man.

Smith had a strained relationship with his son Aurelian, Jr. (Jake Roberts), which Roberts stated was partially the result of his father not informing his children of the scripted nature of professional wrestling.[16] In an interview on Jake "The Snake" Roberts: Pick Your Poison, a video released by World Wrestling Entertainment, Roberts stated that his father convinced the family that his injuries in the ring were real and wore a neck brace at home to sell a storyline. On the same video, Roberts also stated that he was conceived when his father, who was dating Roberts' grandmother, raped her 12 year-old daughter. He said that the two were forced to marry against their wishes and that the resulting emotional trauma is responsible for Roberts' substance abuse and his sister's mental health problems. At age 18, his sister married a man 35 years older than she was; the man's ex-wife later kidnapped and killed Roberts' sister.

I like how Ultimate Warrior and his mother have the same hair style now.

Lol. I'm up to that part.

I can't believe his name is Warrior. SMH.

His line about his kids was great. And he's definitely self deprecating.

I have the same problem.

Warrior is incredibly walking that line of comfortability for the WWF in this speech.

Amazing.

Yup. Ouch.

Carlito, Mr. T and Ultimate Warrior definitely are getting cut for the USA special.

How awkward was his confronting Ted Dibiase.

These fans are silly.

Warrior - "There are few legitimate tough guys in this business."

Fans - What!? GOD NO WHAT

You'll be clamoring for them tomorrow night on the biggest night of Raw.

They made Mr. T's speech tolerable.

I feel bad for Jim Warrior Helwig. WWE really did Fahrenheit 911/Bowling for Columbine's the Warrior with that DVD.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The spirit of Rick Rude knocked out Warrior after his speech.

Then the spirit dated Renee Young and dumped her an hour later
You'll be clamoring for them tomorrow night on the biggest night of Raw.

They made Mr. T's speech tolerable.

I feel bad for Jim Warrior Helwig. WWE really did Fahrenheit 911/Bowling for Columbine's the Warrior with that DVD.

I don't feel bad for Warrior. He got lucky as fuck. A gigolo should have been his career peak.

Mengetsu

Wow so DDP and HHH talked and knew Jake and Scott could go into the HOF a year prior if they kept up the rehab. Good on HHH pulling for them, talking to Vince and keeping his word.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Warrior still a delusional homophobe who picks fights with recovering addicts because he's so desperate for the attention?

Ultimate Warrior owes everything to Vince by simple virtue of what happened to him when Vince dropped him, i.e. obscurity.

Warrior is in his own little world and is a shithead to anyone who doesn't fit into it the way he wants them to. The speech last night reinforced that. He's not humble, he's just as self-centered as ever, trying to act like the reason all of those people said he was terrible to work with is because Vince wanted to work him.

Xater

Ultimate Warrior owes everything to Vince by simple virtue of what happened to him when Vince dropped him, i.e. obscurity.

Warrior is in his own little world and is a shithead to anyone who doesn't fit into it the way he wants them to. The speech last night reinforced that. He's not humble, he's just as self-centered as ever, trying to act like the reason all of those people said he was terrible to work with is because Vince wanted to work him.

Yeah I don't think he came off great during the speech.

Sanjuro

Pretty much everyone in this industry owes much of their success to Vince.

So...

I started thinking, Bryan beating HHH, then moving on to win the Triple Threat is too tidy. Wrestlemania needs more, nay deserves more than that.

Bryan should not should just beat all before him tonight.

Top Bottom