• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

LOL, that second gif...how the fuck? Amazing.

love the ragdoll physics in this one:

i46pCf6JSAjjT.gif

Homie is going to catch a beat down after the match and overcome the odds

Sounds bad IMO - going off air with a 80,000+ yes chant is a nice visual - and that should happen if Bryan wins as a face.

Bryan going "Corporate Heel" to win is a crazy one that could work - although that kills their new top face, which is bad

Punk coming back as "Corporate Heel" seem ideal - and is probably the only acceptable way for Bryan to lose tonight.

somedevil

Looking at the betting odds the two most interesting winners are
AJ and Bray Wyatt
. It makes sense when you look at it but you know the WWE when it comes to making sense sometimes.

So
Sting
is in the area, Meltzer says he and the E have officially signed a deal, and he said at his Wrestlecon speech yesterday that his new favorite number is 31

Showaddy

So
Sting
is in the area, Meltzer says he and the E have officially signed a deal, and he said at his Wrestlecon speech yesterday that his new favorite number is 31

Seeing as 32 is looking to be Taker's last Mania now, if they're ever going to wrestle it's going to be at Mania 31.

I finished watching the HOF. Next year, they need to keep it down to 2 hours. Video package, inductee brown nosing then acceptance speech. No more kids antics, people rambling on or pulling a Michael Jordan like the Warrior.

Vylash

I finished watching the HOF. Next year, they need to keep it down to 2 hours. Video package, inductee brown nosing then acceptance speech. No more kids antics, people rambling on or pulling a Michael Jordan like the Warrior.

I agree about the stupid antics part, but why should they limit the time? There's no need for a time limit since it'll just be on the network, let it go on for as long as it needs to

Aiii

So not worth it
Looking at the betting odds the two most interesting winners are
AJ and Bray Wyatt
. It makes sense when you look at it but you know the WWE when it comes to making sense sometimes.
I predicted both those, so not really.

Also, it's better on paper than the last 3 years.

It is the best card in the last four years. The only negative mark was in the build for Brock/Taker.

And I hope Sting can get in great shape. Taker Mania matches have set high standards after HBK/Taker 1.

Also Victoria is fine. She looked great. If her and Mickie came back and the company focused on like four strong Diva story lines as well as Total Divas and side stuff, I think they could really draw money and get in more magazines, appearances, etc.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I'm pretty high on wrestling right now after the Shimmer and New Japan shows. Nothing can bring me down! Although, 7 matches in 4 hours, with the Divas match and the Jobber match probably going no more than 20 minutes combined seems a little confusing on how they will fill that time.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm pretty high on wrestling right now after the Shimmer and New Japan shows. Nothing can bring me down! Although, 7 matches in 4 hours, with the Divas match and the Jobber match probably going no more than 20 minutes combined seems a little confusing on how they will fill that time.

Rock will have a segment.

Plus the return of Punk during the Austin segment.

geomon

And I hope Sting can get in great shape. Taker Mania matches have set high standards after HBK/Taker 1.

With a year to sit out and nothing to do except get in shape and maybe sit in for a DVD, he's going to look fantastic. Especially if they get him on that DDP yoga. That shit works.

kiguel182

Watched the entire HOF show.

I really enjoyed it, even if it was a bit longer.

I already knew Lita's story from her interview with Colt Cabana but it's still amazing the courage she had to do that and how everything came together in the end. That women is brave as hell.

Jake's speech almost made me cry, such a sad story and so well told. It was hard not to get emotional.

Mr T's started in a really weird way but it was a touching moment. Sure, it has nothing to do with wrestling but doesn't make it bad per se. He was nothing like I imagined, which was kind of the point. The ending with Kane was not needed and they should've been more discrete about it. Mr T was embarrassed and it wasn't needed.

The Paul Bearer was nice, and Taker's tribute was fitting.

The best part about Colon's was Carlito shooting on the company. It was awkward but at least gives us something to comment. The rest was normal.

Warrior's is a strange one. I mean he said his peace and told his side of the story but at the same time rambled about inducting staff into the Hall of Fame and how wrestlers weren't tough. I mean, those things are necessarily false but it seemed unnecessary. He seemed to want to shoot but contained himself and it just felt weird. Seemed kind of assholish at times but given what the company did to him I can understand.

Overall I really liked it, the crowd was annoying when they cheered for people that were showed on camera. It confused the speakers and it was annoying but they were great at other moments. It was a mixed bag. But overall I really liked the event.

I fully expect shenanigans in ether Bryan / HHH or the title match.

Bryan should win. It should be his moment. It needs to be. But this is modern WWE and they dont do that.

If it does happen it will be MITB/Punk levels of awesome though. WWE have a clear path to making everyone happy but I just cant see them ending this PPV without dropping the ball.

Randy retaining is still my prediction.

So...

I started thinking, Bryan beating HHH, then moving on to win the Triple Threat is too tidy. Wrestlemania needs more, nay deserves more than that.

Bryan should not should just beat all before him tonight.

WWE has to troll Bryan fans somehow... So how about this - Bryan beats Triple H, then Triple H puts himself in the main event anyway in addition to Bryan, and then Triple H wins the title. XD

In "huh, that's still a thing?" news, Matt Cross won the 18th annual ECWA Super 8 tournament;

rgmKjoK.jpg

I'll always have a soft spot for the Super 8, it was one of the events that really put indie wrestling on the map in the late 90's, early 2000's and it's good to see it still going.

The fact that Matt Cross is booked in so few notable promotions these days just blows my mind. Pretty much only AIW bring him in regularly and he's a huge fan favourite. Dude's probably at the best point of his career, talent wise, but doesn't seem to be getting shots he deserves. Shame.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What striations? Also, he has no weights on that bar.

WWE has to troll Bryan fans somehow... So how about this - Bryan beats Triple H, then Triple H puts himself in the main event anyway in addition to Bryan, and then Triple H wins the title. XD

Bryan wins belt, loses it tomorrow night.

Actually, would anybody even be surprised by this?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan wins belt, loses it tomorrow night.

Actually, would anybody even be surprised by this?

I'll be surprised if he even has it going in to Raw. Everything's screaming at me that Bryan comes up short, until Stro sits me down and has a talk with me like he did yesterday. Planted seeds of discord.

I don't know what's going to happen, and I am hyped for that.

It's a mocking blow at HHH's work out regime! While HHH, King of Kings, has been working out, Daniel Bryan has been funding terrorist groups in the Middle-East!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also Boots, it felt like Matt Cross lost ALL momentum after Tough Enough. Somehow that show sapped his drawing power ANYWHERE. It's weird.

Rapstah

Why is WWE Games Community Manager, formerly Twitch Jared, tweeting with the hashtag #LegitShook? If WWE are taking that phrase and turning it corporate they could at least make it #LegitShookMovement or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why is WWE Games Community Manager, formerly Twitch Jared, tweeting with the hashtag #LegitShook? If WWE are taking that phrase and turning it corporate they could at least make it #LegitShookMovement or something.

He's one of us brother!

Mengetsu

I'll be surprised if he even has it going in to Raw. Everything's screaming at me that Bryan comes up short, until Stro sits me down and has a talk with me like he did yesterday. Planted seeds of discord.

The fact that almost all of us don't know how this is going to turn out is a good thing. The predictable booking in the past few years has been horrid and this is a nice change. No matter what happens tonight I won't even be mad.

Hasney

Yeah, no idea where they're going with it. Common logic with WWE booking over the past decade says Batista. I think Orton winning is the least likely and HHH would be out there, but would be interesting to see where they go. Bryan winning would be very special though.

In terms of my preferences, it would be in order:

1. Bryan
2. HHH
3. Orton
4. Batista

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, no idea where they're going with it. Common logic with WWE booking over the past decade says Batista. I think Orton winning is the least likely and HHH would be out there, but would be interesting to see where they go. Bryan winning would be very special though.

In terms of my preferences, it would be in order:

1. Bryan
2. HHH
3. Orton
4. Batista

I think there's a strong case to be made for keeping it on Orton. I think there's a strong case to be made for ANYONE except Triple H unless this is meant to be his "one last run" - but I don't think it is.

I'd say mentally, I think it's 33/33/33 for everyone but Haitch, who has 0% in my eyes.

Also Boots, it felt like Matt Cross lost ALL momentum after Tough Enough. Somehow that show sapped his drawing power ANYWHERE. It's weird.

That whole thing was a rough deal - he clearly was one of the most talented guys there, but that didn't seem to make the slightest difference. Wasn't he cut in the very first episode?

Regardless, the fact that he's not in ROH is crazy to me. He was really screwed over by Gabe getting fired, as that year (2007) it seemed like he'd be an ROH regular, then Pearce got the book and Cross stopped getting booked :/

Into

Whatever happens, its not going to be about Daniel Bryan, the spotlight and focus of attention will be the Authority vs. Vince McMahon.

You all know this to be true, the seeds for that feud are already planted, they are obviously setting it up, Bryan will get his belt and his moment but the storyline is clearly going in that direction, and he will play second fiddle to McMahons duking it out, similarly how much bigger stars have had to do the same numerous times.

So enjoy the show, because you know deep down where this is headed

/DebbieDowner

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That whole thing was a rough deal - he clearly was one of the most talented guys there, but that didn't seem to make the slightest difference. Wasn't he cut in the very first episode?

Regardless, the fact that he's not in ROH is crazy to me. He was really screwed over by Gabe getting fired, as that year (2007) it seemed like he'd be an ROH regular, then Pearce got the book and Cross stopped getting booked :/

I think it was a couple episodes in, but it was early. I didn't watch the new Tough Enough, just listened to people complain about it.

Top Bottom