• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what happens if Cena were to get injured before WM? ....

why on earth would they plan this a year in advance? ...

the fuck was this not yesterday's main event?

Blech.

After completely emasculating Cena for weeks, turning nearly the whole crowd against him, now they're friends and we get a year of SAME OLD BULLSHIT until WM28?

Is this real life? Is this another of Stephanies fever dreams?

antonz

Ninja Scooter said:
Seriously though, how much is it costing Vince for Rock to clear his schedule like that?
Not cleared. Rock starts filming a new movie in June. He just has the free time/publicity time right now so worked out for WWE

dream

Oh fuck Hugh Morris just killed that blonde girl.

THEY ARE PLAYING BASKETBALL AGAINST MIDGETS

take that tuf.

markatisu

Corre should have beat down Cena and Rock to redeem their uber squash last night

Then have Rock and Cena team up and basically redo the Hogan/Savage Mega Powers explode run over the next year

cacophony

vinceomg.gif

antonz said:
Not cleared. Rock starts filming a new movie in June. He just has the free time/publicity time right now so worked out for WWE

But one year is a long time in Hollywood. What if he gets offered a big money role that starts shooting next spring?

Mailenstein said:
Am I the only one thinking the rock really needs to go away. I kind of feel annoyed really. What's happening...?!

PG WWE. Stone Cold was given fists instead of fingers for all his spots. Shit just ain't the same...

Kyoufu

VisionaryQuest0 said:
So what happens if Cena were to get injured before WM? ....

why on earth would they plan this a year in advance? ...

the fuck was this not yesterday's main event?

Because The Rock would rather do movies.

edit: This is going to be a monster main event NEXT FUCKING YEAR

But come the fuck on, it should've been at SummerSlam lol

That made absolutely NO sense whatever. Creative in this company is at an all time low post Attitude Era. Crappy matches, crappy feuds, no logic, no title prestige, etc. etc.

Then they think they can plan a Wrestlemania main event A YEAR in advance? Wow.

Just, wow.

Might as well cancel the Royal Rumble, or at least stop advertising it as ZOMG YOUR CHANCE TO MAIN EVENT WRESTLEMANIA WOOOOOOOOOO!

More like your chance to open for a pile of pointless celebrities and probably still lose anyway.

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
But one year is a long time in Hollywood. What if he gets offered a big money role that starts shooting next spring?

Rock is getting paid more for this than any 1 movie. Hell, Mayweather got 7 figures for his 1 match.

Vestal

Dork Knight said:
Guess that means they actually have to build credible champions since Rock/Cena obviously won't be for the title.

Would have been a nice touch.. If rock demanded Cena be champion by WM 28... That would have been the cherry on the sunday.

Kyoufu

Net_Wrecker said:
That made absolutely NO sense whatever. Creative in this company is at an all time low post Attitude Era. Crappy matches, crappy feuds, no logic, no title prestige, etc. etc.

Then they think they can plan a Wrestlemania main event A YEAR in advance? Wow.

Just, wow.

Basically what this does is it keeps people interested in WWE for at least a year longer.

the more I think about it, the more I think that outside of the initial pop/hype factor, there was realistically no good way to make this Cena/Rock thing work.

Mrbob

Rock must be leaving again for awhile because what was with that bullshit tonight with him putting Cena over. Booking a year in advance crazy. Vince will get my money though to see The Rock wrestle one last time.

Ninja Scooter said:
the more I think about it, the more I think that outside of the initial pop/hype factor, there was realistically no good way to make this Cena/Rock thing work.

They could have had them wrestle last night.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Penguin said:
Hey, at least people can't complain the WWE doesn't do long-term booking!

Oddly enough, they made no ground on their PPV in like 4 weeks....
You book for the long term internally. You don't tell people "Hey, 6-12 months from now, we promise this match!"

Jin34

Damn that was a terrible show. They killed the heat by making them team up and respect each other. The anti-Cena/pro-Rock side doesnt want any buddy cop/respect bullshit, they want Rock to openly hate and despise Cena. They were living vicariously through the Rock, finally having someone shit on him like they always wanted.

This was the first RAW I've watched in about 10 years (really). And you know what? I loved it. I could see myself watching this regularly and tuning into the big PPVs. It might have a lot to do with The Rock being back making it seem like it's back in the attitude era but I like some of the new talent too, specifically The Miz.

dream

Hulk/Andre and Hulk/Savage were year long builds. They turned out okay.

Lost Fragment said:
You know booking this match a year in advance wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't painfully obvious that Cena is going to win.

Yeah, that's the problem. Dwayne puts everyone over.

Kyoufu

Jin34 said:
Damn that was a terrible show. They killed the heat by making them team up and respect each other. The anti-Cena/pro-Rock side doesnt want any buddy cop/respect bullshit, they want Rock to openly hate and despise Cena. They were living vicariously through the Rock, finally having someone shit on him like they always wanted.

Maybe Vince was sweating bullets that people would stop buying Cena merchandise if Rock continued to hate on Cena?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom