• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
By Mike Johnson on 2011-04-11 22:18:53
For those who are wondering, the Edge retirement speech was 100% legitimate and real. We were told by a company source earlier this evening that when the major announcement was made tonight, it was not an angle and not storyline.

The story that Edge told about medical tests coming back and showing there was a new issue with his neck and being advised he must retire are true. He was basically handed a mic and told to go out and say goodbye however he wanted.

edge-wheelchair-race-o.gif

Nelo Ice

Banned
siddx said:
For those who are wondering, the Edge retirement speech was 100% legitimate and real. We were told by a company source earlier this evening that when the major announcement was made tonight, it was not an angle and not storyline.

The story that Edge told about medical tests coming back and showing there was a new issue with his neck and being advised he must retire are true. He was basically handed a mic and told to go out and say goodbye however he wanted.

=( =( =(

Brinbe

siddx said:

goddamn. ='(

DMczaf

siddx said:

Fuck

:(

Nelo Ice

Banned
canadian crowe said:
That was fantastic. Edge will be missed, but it was a great WWE moment. The only thing missing was Christian.

was really surprised not to see him come out like HHH last year when HBK retired

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If Stone Cold can rasslle with a broken freakin neck and teach kids how to take bumps, Edge could survive to the ladder match!

Edge is somebody who should be involved in WWE Creative for sure. The guy has a passion for wrestling and can provide some edge in this organization.

Gonna miss you Edge. I got real nostalgic when he mentioned the Brood.

:(

DMczaf said:
Now I'm kinda pissed they didn't end the show with Edge's retirement speech

15 years, and he can't even get that?

Yeah I don't understand why they couldn't give him the same treatment as others who have retired.

IsayFever

Kusagari said:
It's bullshit the show didn't end with his speech. He deserves it.

Yeah it should've been the sign off and had like Christian out there and shit. I mean they were the best tag team EVER

Agent X

It's sad to see Edge's career ending so suddenly and prematurely. On the bright side, he has enjoyed a great and illustrious career, one that's surely worthy of Hall of Fame status. With that in mind, it's nice to see the show of respect being paid by the fans and fellow wrestlers alike.

sajj316

Conrad Link said:
Guys he will be on Smackdown, get another/better farewell there. Christian etc.
Probably to hand over the title as well. Looking forward to Friday. I'm getting all teary eyed ....it's real to me dam it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom