• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
I prefer American Males rules, where they play the American Males theme song for the duration of the match until someone gets a pinfall.

Does Buff Bagwell perform to the American Males theme like New Jack performs to Natural Born Killaz?

JdFoX187

Banned
spindashing said:
The same goes for almost every other feud in TNA, quite honestly. The feuds never end and when they do end, the storylines get even more ridiculous.
We're going on six months for the Cole/Lawler feud. It's the same in WWE too.

Penguin

JdFoX187 said:

I think the difference being that as it stands right now, Cole/Lawler have only had one fight/match.

Where this is like JJ/Angle's 3rd or 4th match

JdFoX187 said:
It's more ridiculous in TNA. Joe vs. D'Angelo Dinero has gone on for just about the same amount of time. Angle vs. Jarrett, Hernandez vs. Morgan...

JdFoX187 said:

yeah but Cole and Lawler are worthless otherwise, with someone like Angle (and to a lesser extent Jarret) you'd think they'd use them to try and get younger guys over instead of just fighting each other all the time.

WinoMcCougarstein said:
You're joking.... right?

Angle and Desmond Wolfe had a GREAT match just like this at Final Destination 2009 (Three Degrees of Pain)

Don't hate the rules, hate the players. (one of them anyway)

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Submission only yet the ref is counting the pin? Oh TNA you make me laugh.

JdFoX187

Banned
Penguin said:
I think the difference being that as it stands right now, Cole/Lawler have only had one fight/match.

Where this is like JJ/Angle's 3rd or 4th match
That's true. It does remind me of way back a year or two after Austin turned heel at X7 how he and Angle had so many PPV matches in a row for the WWE Title. Only reason I really remember was because of Austin getting thrown into a river.

There's nothing wrong with long feuds or a lot of matches between 2 guys, it's just TNA's execution to be faulted here. Kevin Steen and El Generico feuded for a whole year in ROH recently, + HBK and HHH had a 2 YEAR LONG FEUD with tons of matches between them.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
They've made it so obvious Jarrett will the 2nd fall. There is no suspense at all.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
RKO? Diamond cutter?

Edit: actually shaking my head. What happened there? So damn sloppy.

Penguin

JdFoX187 said:
That's true. It does remind me of way back a year or two after Austin turned heel at X7 how he and Angle had so many PPV matches in a row for the WWE Title. Only reason I really remember was because of Austin getting thrown into a river.

And even then they really only had 3 PPV matches, which is about standard for a WWE feud these days.

Then they switched roles with Austin being face and Angle being heel for one more match.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh. Why does this stupid shit happen all the time? Just leave the fucking cage. Touch the mother fucking god damn floor AND THEN walk back in and lock the cage and continue the beat down. FUCK THIS GOD DAMN SHIT.

remnant

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
There's nothing wrong with long feuds or a lot of matches between 2 guys, it's just TNA's execution to be faulted here. Kevin Steen and El Generico feuded for a whole year in ROH recently, + HBK and HHH had a 2 YEAR LONG FEUD with tons of matches between them.
The problem with the long TNA feuds is they waver and change to much and drastically during it's run.
TNA:
Angle vs. jarret. Angle retires, Jarret mocks Angle, Angle returns, Karen returns. Jarret is clearly the heel. Then out of nowhere, on a PPV no less Jarret apparently "turns" by being an awesom father, the type of father Angle couldn't be. Angle then turns into a crazed, homicidal stalker. The only consistency is Karen being a bitch.

Pope vs Joe. Joe spies on Pope, who was a face at the time for no reasons. Pope denies it and for weeks they play up the idea that maybe Joe was lying, so we don't know who the fuck is a face or heel. Kato arrives, Pope turns full heel by being a bigger dick than Joe is and god this is stupid.

Matt morgan injures hernandez while he is a heel. After that he is slotted into the major heel faction. He falls out of it and Hernandez returns as a latino supremacist. No explanation why, it's just how it is now.
ROH: Steen/Generico lose the tag titles. Kevin Steen talks to Steve Corino, Corino convinces Steen he is better alone, Steen is tired of losing, beats up his tag partner.

That's it. No twists, no swerves every week. Just good guy vs douchebag.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Kurt, you locked the door remember? Oh yeah, he is concust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom