• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

xo4Ya.jpg

Good match, and Punk is so great at facial expressions, and toying with his opponent and the crowd.

Then we end with typical Viper "out of nowhere crap." Sigh

Dark Ninja said:
Its pretty amazing how many times CM Punk has made to look bad but can still be able to recover from all of it and still be a top heel

It's because he amazing on the mic, and great in ring. People take notice to how he works out there. Very "I really know what I'm doing" air about him.

But damn, everyone needs a win once in a while.

Spider from Mars said:
Heel Punk isn't the issue. Super Orton and flash finishes are his issue.

Yeah, I'm probably just more tired of the story line, rather than anyone turn in particular..

Orton's thing is the viper schtick, right? I guess that's what they're going for when he does shit like that..

Net_Wrecker said:
It's because he amazing on the mic, and great in ring. People take notice to how he works out there. Very "I really know what I'm doing" air about him.

But damn, everyone needs a win once in a while.

yah hes great on the mic and in the ring but ever since his feud with Taker he just gets beaten down and loses all the time. Its ridiculous somebody else would be considered a jobber by now and released. But Punk always knows how to get a reaction and keep himself on top.

It's not just that he's losing that's the issue, it's that he's been losing in the exact same way week in and out with 3 people backing him up since SES. Creative let Punk form great stables driven by his charisma that have huge amouts of potential, then a week after they just start tredding water and putting over wrestlers who are already way over and doing nothing else.

Spirit of Jazz said:
It's not just that he's losing that's the issue, it's that he's been losing in the exact same way week in and out with 3 people backing him up since SES. Creative let Punk form great stables driven by his charisma that have huge amouts of potential, then a week after they just start tredding water and putting over wrestlers who are already way over and doing nothing else.

yea, the Randy finisher out of nowhere is getting ridiculuous

Striker

Azuran said:
Another Raw is gone, and Punk got owned by Orton again.

*Yawn* Can they please end that boring feud please?
Yeah, give Punk somebody who can work his way around a ring, and preferably speak decently on the mic.

Daniel Bryan-CM Punk feud would be awesome. And Punk would be allowed to win!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
UberTag said:
Truth, Tarver, JTG, Percy Watson, Zeke, Eve, Alicia & Kong

What shall we call them?
Will Booker approve?
Will Ron Simmons say DAMN?
Will they be able to recruit Kofi?
Will Teddy Long be corrupted?
Will Mark Henry be welcome? Will Otunga be mocked?
Is this idea too hardcore for Rated PG entertainment?
Will half of these names be future endeavored post-draft so it won't even matter?

isnt it obvious? they are the neo nation. garnering respect through violence for all the underappreciated wrestlers backstage. but what about black cena?

HeySeuss

Just watched Raw and I must say, Truth is finally interesting. That conflicted heel turn was great, really got the point across that he had doubts about what he was doing the entire way. That's something people can relate to and identify with. He had his big chance to become a big shot taken away from him by his supposed best friend. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a bigger face reaction now that he has evolved his personality beyond the generic black rapper gimmick.

Very well done. I hope he smokes and drinks water during his matches going forward now.

JdFoX187

Banned
Shick Brithouse said:
Just watched Raw and I must say, Truth is finally interesting. That conflicted heel turn was great, really got the point across that he had doubts about what he was doing the entire way. That's something people can relate to and identify with. He had his big chance to become a big shot taken away from him by his supposed best friend. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a bigger face reaction now that he has evolved his personality beyond the generic black rapper gimmick.

Very well done. I hope he smokes and drinks water during his matches going forward now.
I actually agree. I thought it was a little odd and so sudden at first. But his frustration is warranted. Your best shot at the top of the business is taken away by your best friend who came out and literally egged you into a match. I'm curious how American audiences will handle it.

Xander51

I also agree that the Truth heel turn was impressive. They gave it the time it needed, and the silence from the announcers was rather effective. It's funny because minutes before I remarked to my dad "Oh great, why are they starting the show with R-truth? He's kind of become a one-note gimmick."

Truth's heel turn was believable, which was great

Truth came into Raw with a happy go-lucky character who was gullible and tricked into the match with Morrison. He took a lot of crap from Morrison verbally and then lost the match. Him snapping like that was actually believable- hell, I'd be super pissed in that scenario too.

Margalis

Banned
I have not watched WWE in years and I just started watching the other week.

Man, that Sin Cara match was hilarious. Like every single move missed by a mile.

Loved R-Truth's facial expressions and reaction to the crowd during his heel turn, shame that Sky cut off the cigarette part.
Hate the new Ziggler haircut, instantly reminded me of 2004 Orton.
Also the new nexus are pretty damn awful, any menace they once had is gone and any good members are either injured, gone or in the Corre.

antonz

DKehoe said:
Sin Cara has to be moving to Smackdown in the draft so he can get some experience on the pre-taped show.
Sin Cara has the problem of 2/3 of the WWE roster having no clue how to perform with his style. Thats why I doubt he will ever move out of mid carder status unless they seriously water him down

AtomHeart

Neo Member
The best part about that heel turn was the lady yelling "Will somebody please think of the children?!" at around 7:10 on the Youtube clip.

I feel I will be in the miniority but I loved all of the opening segment, Truth's promo whilst odd was better than the stale Miz stuff we get, maybe not technically but it was fresh and he seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself, then the match was good enough for a quick match and the pre match stuff was awesome. Shame Sky cut off before the smoking stuff though.

As an englishman it annoys me when you hear people in English crowds shouting stuff and trying to sound American.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom