• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMZ.com noted last night's angle where R Truth smoked a cigarette and blew the smoke on John Morrison, reporting that activist Patrick Reynolds, Executive Director of TobaccoFree.org is demanding a public apology from Truth for smoking in front of children.
Reynolds told TMZ.com, "For him to smoke in front of [children] is irresponsible. At best, it's thoughtless, and at worst, if he calculated appealing to kids by posing as a bad-boy outlaw, it's evil."

In response, WWE issued the following statement to TMZ.com:

"The negative effect smoking has on one’s health and physical performance was a part of a storyline on last night’s Monday Night Raw. Negative depictions of tobacco use on television are not unusual and can be seen on other TV-PG shows."

--

Haha, the backlash begins! People gonna be hating on Truth!

cacophony

"WWE ordered 02 Arena officials in London to remove all signs from fans which were directed at Zach Ryder. One sign confiscated read "Ryder =Ratings" and another one "Push Ryder". Ryder in recent weeks has gained a large following who watch his Z! True Long Island Story Episodes on Youtube. Many fans are pushing for him to get more television time which WWE do not seem intent on doing."

WHAT THE FUCK

cacophony said:
"WWE ordered 02 Arena officials in London to remove all signs from fans which were directed at Zach Ryder. One sign confiscated read "Ryder =Ratings" and another one "Push Ryder". Ryder in recent weeks has gained a large following who watch his Z! True Long Island Story Episodes on Youtube. Many fans are pushing for him to get more television time which WWE do not seem intent on doing."

WHAT THE FUCK

No one pushes Zack Ryder

krae_man

cacophony said:

WHAT THE FUCK

I remember reading one report of some show(I think it was in the UK) where the banned sign list the WWE gave to the arena staff was so long they decided it would be easier to just confiscate all signs.

Zhengi

cacophony said:

WHAT THE FUCK

It's too bad as well. The guy has talent and is great on his show. I just hope they don't future endeavor him.

DKehoe

From the observer site, is to do with last weeks Raw:
Jim Ross, as noted last week, was called at about 6 p.m., or three hours before Raw started, to come to the Phillips Arena. He wrote that he had purchased an expensive new suit. As Vince likes to do, he had Michael Cole spray barbecue sauce all over the suit. Ross did write that the suit was ruined. Vince has on more than one occasion done that. He had wrestlers brawl on and ruin Howard Finkel’s car years ago that Finkel had just bought.
Vince really is a psychopath isn't he?

cacophony said:

WHAT THE FUCK

They were scared that's he get the biggest pop of the night given it was only women/children cheering for Randy and nobody cheering for Cena.

Also he's probably going to be let go...

Penguin

cacophony said:

WHAT THE FUCK

See, WWE losing faith in talent, I can somewhat understand.

But when a talent actually takes the ball and gets himself over... and for you to ignore it... just seems like bad business.

lupinko

cacophony said:

WHAT THE FUCK

This is WWE missing the boat with Zack Ryder.

Guzim

Penguin said:
See, WWE losing faith in talent, I can somewhat understand.

But when a talent actually takes the ball and gets himself over... and for you to ignore it... just seems like bad business.
Don't forget that Cena, Miz, and Punk have all said they love his show and wonder why he isn't on TV.

Guzim

cjelly said:
LOL, SD Spoiler:
Big slow Kane new tag champs.
Don't worry
The Corre will win them back just so they can really be 3 time tag champs like Gabriel said they were!

Judderman

drawer by drawer
cacophony said:

WHAT THE FUCK

Time for crowds to just pull a Daniel Bryan and just chant his name or "We Want Ryder" or something. What they're doing with him makes no sense.

RBH

-- As of today, whatever happens at the Draft next week won't take effect until the May 2nd Rock birthday show. They've totally re-written that script based off panicking and bumping the Draft from June to next week. It will probably be rewritten again ten times by the time it airs.

-- Mick Foley on Twitter said it wouldn't hurt to ask TNA if he could go to Raw on May 2nd to help The Rock celebrate his birthday.

-- CM Punk vs. Randy Orton Last Man Standing has been added to Extreme Rules.
http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/20324/

Nelo Ice

Banned
cacophony said:

WHAT THE FUCK

why does wwe hate zack ryder?! =(

Zak Ryder (like Kaval) was over with the finds, against all odds. They did this on their own. WWE needs to realize that they run a business and the fans opinion matters greatly. Shit is prescripted and they can get it right. They punish talents because they aren't the ones that manangement wants to be popular. fuck you asshole. When you continue to push people that have no passion or understanding of the business, the business dies. Hope you writers can sleep at night, cuz zak ryder can put you fat double downs out of work on youtube. he is the future.

DKehoe

That kind of thing just proves that the "you have to get over on your own kid, don't wait for someone to open the door for you" stuff is bullshit these days. Guys aren't allowed to get over if they weren't meant to.

jmdajr

cacophony said:

WHAT THE FUCK

man....that's not cool

DKehoe said:
That kind of thing just proves that the "you have to get over on your own kid, don't wait for someone to open the door for you" stuff is bullshit these days. Guys aren't allowed to get over if they weren't meant to.
Happened to Kaval, guy was the most over person in NXT (and shortly after) by losing in 2 and half minute squashes and barrel roll contests. But just because the the Double Down bingers up top didn't want him to win, he suffered. and look at those bums that they wanted to win, where are they? Nowhere.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Happened to Kaval, guy was the most over person in NXT (and shortly after) by losing in 2 and half minute squashes and barrel roll contests. But just because the the Double Down bingers up top didn't want him to win, he suffered. and look at those bums that they wanted to win, where are they? Nowhere.
I'll never forgive them for removing Kaval from Team SD for Tyler fucking Reks.

That Ryder news doesn't sound real. I mean, that is so illogical from a business standpoint to have someone make a name for themselves and you spend near nothing helping them, and then when people ask for said product you don't give it to them? Even a little?

It doesn't sound real, but I guess it sounds like current WWE affairs so it probably is :^(

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
abstract alien said:
That Ryder news doesn't sound real. I mean, that is so illogical from a business standpoint to have someone make a name for themselves and you spend near nothing helping them, and then when people ask for said product you don't give it to them? Even a little?

It doesn't sound real, but I guess it sounds like current WWE affairs so it probably is :^(
It is real. Someone at the tapings mentioned it on twitter last night. I even mentioned it here yesterday.

Lunchbox

Banned
89kWJ.jpg

The E ruined Dolph Ziggler. He looks like someone that just got a haircut at one of those kid only places, where he can watch Adventure Time and eat a Gogurt.

Mr. Sam

Rafa=FedKilla said:
The E ruined Dolph Ziggler. He looks like someone that just got a haircut at one of those kid only places, where he can watch Adventure Time and eat a Gogurt.

Any barbers that shows Adventure Time is a place I wanna go and have my hair cut.

Christopher

Rafa=FedKilla said:

Agreed he looks so generic now...with the other style at least he stood out somewhat. Very dissapointed.

I can't wait for Kong - please don't hurt my Eve Torres :(

Kyoufu

Has anyone ever failed to win the title after cashing in the MitB?

Natalya vs Kong could be match of the century for the divas lol

Kyoufu said:
Has anyone ever failed to win the title after cashing in the MitB?

Natalya vs Kong could be match of the century for the divas lol

Not yet, the whole entire internet thought Miz would be the first though

cacophony said:

WHAT THE FUCK
I hope the next Zack Ryder video has him with a broken down car asking for a push.

Its funny that they hate it when the crowds don't cheer for who they want, didn't Austin, one of their biggest stars ever get his fan base on his own, with his own words and not cause of what management wanted? It just seems a joke that it was fine then, but not now for someone to get big on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom