• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
Bowser said:
Don't think it's confirmed yet, but apparently Joey Styles tweeted that Punk and Orton would face each other in a Last Man Standing match at Extreme Rules. Probably the blow off for the feud and Randall will get the win like every other match in this feud.

Nice. I love Last Man Standing matches.

Worthintendo said:
I hope the next Zack Ryder video has him with a broken down car asking for a push.

Its funny that they hate it when the crowds don't cheer for who they want, didn't Austin, one of their biggest stars ever get his fan base on his own, with his own words and not cause of what management wanted? It just seems a joke that it was fine then, but not now for someone to get big on their own.

They are going to be really pissed when the Rock/Cena blows up in their face. The "Cena Sucks" crowd is not going to suddenly decide Cena is cool no matter what happens in the next year. In fact, a lot of the excitement from people was the idea of The Rock coming back to save us from fat chicks, little kids and the mentally handicapped (IE Cenation). When the Rock "puts over" Cena and the crowd shits all over it, what will WWE do then? Have Orton squash Nexus some more?

It's not like they have to have Ryder in the main event, but try giving him a storyline on tv and see what happens. After all the work he's put in ON HIS OWN and the reaction it appears to be getting, it's a no brainer.

So, he'll be out next week to be rko'd to teach us a lesson.

worldrunover said:
That WWE one lead me to a debut video of HHH and it was gold. Among other things, the Pedigree started out as a diamond cutter/RKO lol.
He was so small, too. I remember watching HHH's debut match a year ago and couldn't believe how different in size he was back then in comparison to now.

spindashing said:
He was so small, too. I remember watching HHH's debut match a year ago and couldn't believe how different in size he was back then in comparison to now.
Unlike Edges debut where he pretty much looks the same then as his does now just minus a few tats.

ToxicAdam

I'm at the Doubletree Hotel lobby (in Orlando) and there are tons of TNA guys here. Just saw RVD stroll through (with his own t-shirt on) and looking around like he wanted to be noticed.

Jeff Jarrett looks small but was with a smoking hot babe. There were a dozen other guys I didn't recognize that had the 'wrestler look', but no idea who they were.

ToxicAdam said:
I'm at the Doubletree Hotel lobby (in Orlando) and there are tons of TNA guys here. Just saw RVD stroll through (with his own t-shirt on) and looking around like he wanted to be noticed.
Did he have the RDV shirt?

dream

TNA shit for Bobo

Show for Thursday opens with an A.J. Styles interview. He wanted Bully Ray in a cage match. Ray came out on stage walked to the ring, but refused to get in the cage. He tried to leave, but Christopher Daniels threw him in the cage and locked the door. Styles had his way with Ray until Ray was able to escape the cage.
Gunner & Rob Terry issued a tag team title challenge for a cage match
Hogan talked about RVD turning his back on Hogan at the PPV. RVD and Hogan started arguing. Sting came out and announced it would be Sting vs. RVD for the title at the Sacrifice PPV on 5/15. Hogan said that you can't do that and Sting said he has a clause in his contract that the network gave him that allows him to pick who he defends the title agianst. Hogan said he wanted to know who is advising the network. Sting said he would find out soon enough.
Rosita & Sarita b Madison Rayne & Tara when Rayne and Tara couldn't get along
Jeff Jarrett came out with Karen and announced a coronation ceremony for Karen to be the new Queen of the Mountain. They had the big throne like chair in the ring and Kurt Angle came out and gave Jeff an Olympic slam onto the chair.
Abyss b RVD when Hulk Hogan distracted RVD.
Matt Morgan asked for a title shot. Scott Steiner came out and said he also wanted a title shot. Morgan challenged Steiner to a match. Steiner accepted and then laid out Morgna
Sting b Matt Hardy. After the match, Mr. Anderson came out and gave both Sting and Hardy mic checks. No, Matt doesn't have a broken arm.

dream said:
TNA shit for Bobo
I wonder what TNA is planning on eventually doing with "the network" or if it's just their way of having a GM that can side with the faces. IIRC the WWE trademarked the name "The Network" the same time they did "The Nexus", so it would be kind of hilarious to see TNA try to make a Network stable... only to get sued afterwards.

Zack Ryder is pretty much gone. They'll probably fire everyone this Friday before the draft too. TNA spoilers sound like shit. Why the fuck is this Jarrett/Angle feud continuing? They continue to push shit like Morgan, Hernandez, Gunner, Murphy, etc instead of the wrestlers on their roster with talent. Instead of building up the brutal match between Jarrett and Angle they have Angle drop a bucket of shit on Jarrett. Give me a fucking break.

Just saw Tough Enough it was so funny when
Ryan whipped out awesome mic skills - he may be cheesy as hell but I see him being a good character

Striker

Let's fire Zack Ryder but keep the garbage like pedoswaggle and Vladimir Kozlov on the roster.
2w1uxk1.gif

Any guy who expands his character off-WWE screen must be a no-no.

To be honest I haven't seen much of Ryder in the ring. I mean, is he any good? The videos are pretty funny, but if the dude can't wrestle, I mean...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
worldrunover said:
To be honest I haven't seen much of Ryder in the ring. I mean, is he any good? The videos are pretty funny, but if the dude can't wrestle, I mean...
Since when did WWE care about wrestling ability?

If Vince doesn't see a star in you at all, they couldn't care less for where you are. Either you're midcard or you're a jobber. I can see Ryder being culled to the dismay of some of you.

Let's look at Evan Bourne for example. Not counting his TNA stint where he was also utilized as a jobber, Evan Bourne or Matt Sydal as he is known in the indies made a name for himself in promotions like Ring of Honor, Dragon Gate, etc. You did not need to follow him to clearly see that he has something that not a lot of people currently on the WWE roster has.

From the "dirtsheets", I've read that Stephanie sees Bourne/Sydal as a star. She thinks he can do big things and be the next Jeff Hardy (aside from the obvious drug use). Vince only sees Evan (even if Bourne can do a perfect Shooting Star Press) as a jobber to make other wrestlers look good and I suppose Vince ultimately has the last word over these types of things.

To worldrunover, Ryder is decent in the ring, but as cjelly alluded to, ring skills don't matter as far as how big of a superstar Vince wants you to be.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
worldrunover said:
Almost all of the guys in WWE can wrestle very well, but are not allowed to work matches outside of the WWE "style" (slow, grinding match paces which have one side dominating, then another side dominating, then a momentum shift to the other person that climaxes in a finisher for the fall), so they come off as not that talented.

Even Hogan was great in the ring back in the day when he was in Japan.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
spindashing said:
If Vince doesn't see a star in you at all, they couldn't care less for where you are. Either you're midcard or you're a jobber. I can see Ryder being culled to the dismay of some of you.

Let's look at Evan Bourne for example. Not counting his TNA stint where he was also utilized as a jobber, Evan Bourne or Matt Sydal as he is known in the indies made a name for himself in promotions like Ring of Honor, Dragon Gate, etc. You did not need to follow him to clearly see that he has something that not a lot of people currently on the WWE roster has.

From the "dirtsheets", I've read that Stephanie sees Bourne/Sydal as a star. She thinks he can do big things and be the next Jeff Hardy (aside from the obvious drug use). Vince only sees Evan (even if Bourne can do a perfect Shooting Star Press) as a jobber to make other wrestlers look good and I suppose Vince ultimately has the last word over these types of things.

To worldrunover, Ryder is decent in the ring, but as cjelly alluded to, ring skills don't matter as far as how big of a superstar Vince wants you to be.

Actually, it's HHH who first saw evan as a star. He's converted Steph to a fan, but it'd be more accurate to say that HHH sees Bourne as a star, while Vince doesn't.

UberTag

Former long-time WWE Creative member Dave Lagana has posted a blog update covering the Zack Ryder sign confiscation controversy.

“Zack Ryder = Ratings” Sign Confiscated #IWantZackRyder

I suspect that going forward any fans in the camera section wearing Zack Ryder T-Shirts will be asked to remove them and/or replace them with "approved" John Cena / DeGeneration X paraphernalia.

What's next? Confiscating signs from fans that say the word "WRESTLING"?

GaimeGuy said:
Actually, it's HHH who first saw evan as a star. He's converted Steph to a fan, but it'd be more accurate to say that HHH sees Bourne as a star, while Vince doesn't.
Gotcha. I guess that would make sense. It's still pretty sad, though. There are some people that I forget are on the roster until a squash match begins.

Was Val Venis' response to Melina/Morrison ever posted?
Venis' twitter said:
"If Melina is on your flight, I am sure u could easily become a member of the mile high club."
Damn.

Moofers

So a couple pages back, somebody mentioned a "Street Fight" between JR/King and Swagger/Cole. Now when you say "JR/King", I think of Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler. That's not who's fighting, is it? Have they really booked a fight with Jim fucking Ross? I love that guy, but he shouldn't be wrasslin'. He's in rough fuckin shape, isn't he? Or maybe I'm just outdated on my nicknames/abbreviations....

UberTag

Moofers said:
So a couple pages back, somebody mentioned a "Street Fight" between JR/King and Swagger/Cole. Now when you say "JR/King", I think of Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler. That's not who's fighting, is it? Have they really booked a fight with Jim fucking Ross? I love that guy, but he shouldn't be wrasslin'. He's in rough fuckin shape, isn't he? Or maybe I'm just outdated on my nicknames/abbreviations....
Sad to say you're thinking correctly.
If it makes you feel any better, Jim Ross would agree with you that he shouldn't be "wrasslin".
But then, the WWE isn't about "wrasslin" any more.
It's an action soap opera.
And Michael Cole is the star.
This is Cole's chance to vanquish all of his enemies and to crow about it endlessly on TV for all of our enjoyment.

The Zach Ryder news is pretty damn depressing for me to hear. Here's a guy who took a negative situation and made it positive. Unlike some people backstage who bitch about their position (Melina) or simply get fed up and jet (Kaval), Ryder took his negative and made it a positive via his super entertaining web show.

Makes Matt Cross's (sp?) elimination from Tough Enough a couple weeks back pretty damn ironic when he was booted because he was accused of "waiting for his spot." Also makes Stone Cold's passionate promo about how he was fed up about not being noticed and decided to break out on his own to get popular pretty damn mute when you have someone like Ryder doing the exact the same thing, and instead of getting praised for it, he's getting punished.

Sigh...

BTW: I think the jokes (while totally funny) about how nobody "pushes" him or how he can't "get over" prolly rubbed the WWE wrong way. Either that or they're just total dicks. Well, either way, it's definitely the latter! :D

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
UberTag said:
What's next? Confiscating signs from fans that say the word "WRESTLING"?

I think we're a lot closer to this scenario happening than anyone would like. I can see it happening in the next month.

JavyOO7

ECW might have been shit sometimes but when Ryder faces Christian in those trio of matches it showed that a) dude can wrestle, b) he's not bad at talking, and c) he's fucking awesome with the ridiculous "Woo Woo Woo... You know it!" crap. Its a corny line but he pulls if ott well. Maybe he should be moved to SD =/

krae_man

Maybe it's all a swerve and they do have a plan for him and they just don't want to give it away yet.

HHH is going to destroy him 3 weeks in a row ala Kenny Dykstra after the draft

Lunchbox

Banned
worldrunover said:
he has more moves in his moveset than cena and boreton combined - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hirx8m6fbwM&feature=related

had really good matches with christian and shelton benjamin in ecw and had a decent tag team going as part of edge's la familia/major brothers. but talent doesnt mean shit to wwe so who cares

sajj316

Dork Knight said:
The Zach Ryder news is pretty damn depressing for me to hear. Here's a guy who took a negative situation and made it positive. Unlike some people backstage who bitch about their position (Melina) or simply get fed up and jet (Kaval), Ryder took his negative and made it a positive via his super entertaining web show.

Makes Matt Cross's (sp?) elimination from Tough Enough a couple weeks back pretty damn ironic when he was booted because he was accused of "waiting for his spot." Also makes Stone Cold's passionate promo about how he was fed up about not being noticed and decided to break out on his own to get popular pretty damn mute when you have someone like Ryder doing the exact the same thing, and instead of getting praised for it, he's getting punished.

Sigh...

BTW: I think the jokes (while totally funny) about how nobody "pushes" him or how he can't "get over" prolly rubbed the WWE wrong way. Either that or they're just total dicks. Well, either way, it's definitely the latter! :D

This is an EXCELLENT point! I spent my morning commute watching the Ryder youtube videos and it's amazing how much charisma comes across in a 3 minute video. Not only is he getting over outside the scripts, he's putting over his fellow "sports entertainers".

It's inevitable that the crowd starts chanting "We want Ryder!" ...

I'm not worried about Zack Ryder. The only thing is that his gimmick has become that he's not pushed. What are his videos going to be about when he gets pushed?

And everyone's assuming the sign was confiscated because it was about Zack Ryder, when I'm pretty sure they always confiscate ____ = Ratings signs.

Dork Knight said:

Sigh...

This is exactly what I was arguing about with people last week. The WWE does not promote creativity, or the wrestlers coming up with stuff to get themselves over. They have no idea how to book people (look at Sin Cara in a match on Raw with 3 BRAWLERS...really?), they don't know how to hide weaknesses, and they have no idea how to involve anyone other than Orton and Cena in a feud for more than 3 months.

Penguin

Matthew Gallant said:
I'm not worried about Zack Ryder. The only thing is that his gimmick has become that he's not pushed. What are his videos going to be about when he gets pushed?

And everyone's assuming the sign was confiscated because it was about Zack Ryder, when I'm pretty sure they always confiscate ____ = Ratings signs.

Really?
I thought his video was more about his sense of humor/love of things nerdy/wrestling.

He'll have jokes about not being pushed, but only a minor part.

atomsk

Party Pooper
WHAT A SHOCK

Jeff Hardy's court case on drug possession charges was postponed again today after his lawyer asked for time to have a drug treatment assessment done.

Jim Van Camp told Senior Resident Judge James Webb this was only an option under consideration.

"There has been no assessment yet," Van Camp said. "Becky Carlson … needs some time."

Carlson, the district administrator for the 19-B J.D. Sentencing Services Program, will form her own judgement as to whether Hardy needs drug dependent therapy, get another view from an expert and recommend a treatment plan. She said "that takes time."

The case has been continued until June 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom